Our Lives..

Our Lives..

A Poem by Rain
"

Just thoughts on life,and this New Year..

"

"Having a terminal cancer has altered my thoughts of this coming new year from all those that have come and gone. Life is so bizarre that in some ways, my diagnosis has been a blessing.

"I'm not sure why life goes like that. But often in those moments when our life seems to be at its lowest, we are taught the most profound lessons. Life can be so unforgiving and cruel, and yet still possess a breathtaking beauty. As humans, we tend to separate ourselves for the most shallow and selfish of reasons. But in the end, our sameness should always erode away our differences. We all will experience pain and loss on this journey. We all will have our brief moments of chest-pounding triumph, to be followed by the crushing reality that we are also the frailest and weakest of beings.

"My hope for the New Year is for people to understand how fleeting our health, our wealth and our social status can be; that life is a blend of all things, both good and bad, for all people. I hope that we learn to see that sameness - and know that, all in all, life is good.''

© 2008 Rain


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Bless you Rain for that brave and true Poem, I wish you many years of joy with your wonderful family and friends, the watch your life and situation with so much brave, you admire the good part of life, and you willing to forget the bad. Life is so fragile, everything you got can be changed, I always say, health is the most imortant thing, all come after.

Happy and healthy new year, enjoy your grandchildren they are wonderful Yossi

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Your thoughts really hit home this time. I was having a pretty down day. Honestly, I was worried about our economic crisis and my ability to keep my head above water, but you know, what really is most important is to make the most out of every single day. I don't mean that every second of every day must be occupied by some goal being accomplished or a new endeavor being taken on, but at least knowing that you have made each day a day that you have learned something new is what is important. Humans will never know everything, but at least taking time out of trying to climb the wealth and social ladders and just think can ease the mind and body and raise new questions and open our eyes to new possibilities. I think that just taking time out of every day to relax would be good enough to keep us from falling as ill under the strain of everyday stresses that we endure. I am reminded of a monologue called "The Bag Lady" who says that the reason for cancer is that people don't stop moving. The fact that people don't just sit and relax certainly does contribute a great deal to the poor health that we endure. You make very good points. Thank you for sharing. -Kenji

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well said brother. Life is to be treasured. I have been having a pretty sour year but maybe next will be better. If it is are not I will live for the moment because you never know what lurks around the bend. Nice work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the message even if it will fall on deaf ears for the most part. Humanity is in need of a overhaul. Not necessarily everyone, but the majority here of late. Still, at least one person (you) has realized his humanity and embraced it. Kudos.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very brave poem. I appreciate your honesty, not everyone is like that, and you are very open and have much to share, and helps the rest of us. Poetry and cafe are good outlets to let all those emotions run free in our poetry/stories to share to the world.

have a great holiday

kena

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your outlook on life always blesses me, Ray. You always have wonderful words to share that give me hope and strength. Those are two things that I desperately need right now, so thank you.

Thank you for being my friend and blessing my life in the way that you have. You are dear to me.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I read your piece and just wanted to say God Bless You, Rain. Never know though, you just may conquer the illness. My mom was diagnosed with stage three lymphoma over the summer, and the prognosis was anything but positive; however, it is now in complete remission.

You shall be in my thoughts and prayers. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Sincerely,
Apollonia

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It has been 3 years this month since I lost my husband to cancer. This is beautiful written but it probably brings more memories to me than you will know. Being faced with cancer changes you and your family, and a lot of people won't get it or understand through try as they might.

Ray, may God bless you and yours with the coming New Year. Keep writing, you have a beautiful way with words and I so enjoy reading them. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This was the perfect poem to read just now. Yes so many things aren't as important as health, our loved ones and our lives, but often the other things distract us and we forget until something happens. Your reminder is a wise one and also quite necessary. Everyone who reads this should reminder that life is fleeting and it's better to make peace than cause drama and hurt. In the end we will be remembered by our actions and now is the time when we can choose to live lives that will be honored in memory or not. You Rain, are honored now because you deserve to be. I have missed you so much, more than these words can even begin to tell. This poem is a healing and I hope all who read it feel the same way.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

there can be no good without the bad, life turns on opposites it seems. yet we always tend to focus on the bad in life throughout our day to day, rather than grabbing that unexpected smile, holding onto it as long as we can, and letting it lighten that day's burdens, even if only for one brief shining instant. it is those smiles, hugs and laughter that carry us over those rough spots, that sustain us in those darker times. yes, within our core, we all crave the same things from life - that simple human interaction, those connections, those that reach out and touch our heart and soul, making us warm, making us smile. you have an amazing way of viewing the world and life in general, that insight into the very essence of what makes us human. with your naked truth, you always touch me with your words. Merry Christmas to you and yours Ray - and all my best in the coming year.

*hugs*
laura

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I wish you a very happy and healthy new year my friend for you and your loved ones.
You are one brave soul Rain, may the Lord be with you when you need him most. P.W.


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2538 Views
49 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on December 17, 2008
Last Updated on December 17, 2008

Author

Rain
Rain

About
"Having lived a bit has altered my thoughts of this coming new year from all those that have come and gone. Life is so bizarre that in some ways, my diagnosis has been a blessing. "I'm not sure why.. more..

Writing
He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain


The 50's The 50's

A Poem by Rain



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..