Alone in the rain...

Alone in the rain...

A Poem by Candle in the wind
"

"how it feels alone in the rain" .....Came across this line in Rain's poem and it sparked of myriad emotions.

"

If I am out on the terrace

Or prancing about in the lush green grass

Or just walking along a moutain path

Or strolling along the river bank

Alone in the rain

Getting drenched to the core

The shower on my face

The droplets glistening in my hair

I could be so happy

Humming a tune

Stretching out my palm to feel the pitter patter

Or I could be crying

The rain veiling my tears

Letting my pain flow out

Not caring about the shiver

Running along my spine

Or  I could be longing for someone

The rain inducing romantic delight

A wisp of my imagination

Or simply I would find a little poem

Budding in my mind

Writhing to be set free

 

© 2009 Candle in the wind


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Brings out the nostalgia through the beautifully crafted language.

"Alone in the rain
Getting drenched to the core
The shower on my face
The droplets glistening in my hair"---

the lines make me the feel of being in the rain... great..

After Elton John and Bernie Taupin, its you....... the candle in the wind..

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The rain does silence a part of your thoughts I feel, as you listen you are freed inside.
It is also true that to an on looker the rain may disguise or rather not reveal ones expression, that too in its own way creates the romance, mystery and fantasy for them.
Nice work Raj,,, very thought provoking indeed.

Love
Matthew

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Or simply I would find a little poem

Budding in my mind

Writhing to be set free ... Yanno what? It's raining here now and rain has this ambiance that screams "write poetry!" at least for me it does. This poem is beautiful ... Smiles ....

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is more than a little poem!! It is a plethora of deep feelings and hope. at least if you cry in the rain no one can see your tears and you can let all those feelings out.
I loved it and can identify with your emotion. nicely done Raj...
Helen xxx

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the rain~with its fresh wet scent it brings so many emotions to surface from within and also to delight in its presence~ THanks for sharing this lovely piece~Fran Marie

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I feel proud just to have my name remotely connected to this piece. It is so true. The rain can fall on the loved, the lonely, and the joyous part of us. You reflect the myriad of circumstances the rain may fall. I have felt them all. Your write reminds of a time outside Best Buy, when there was an extremely heavy down pour of a flash summer rain. Everyone huddled under the cover of the entrance. You could see the sun off in the distance. I looked at Sue, and said," Let's walk slowly to the car, which was parked at the far end of the lot. She smiled, and took my hand. Man, did we get drenched, but it felt so good. A few other couples did the same thing. No running...we walked as if we were on the beach on a sunny day, laughing like kids. I have to give this 100%. I loved it. Rain..

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You know I love to walk in rain and specially to walk alone..So I felt very close with this poem of yours..The sense of emotion and that feel of loneliness has been so very well expressed here.

"The rain veiling my tears
Letting my pain flow out..." - This is very touching and full of pain :(

The pic also is going very well with the entire piece of writing :)
Great work :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the way you captured the possibilities of so many different things that could have led the person to this point in time. But never the least no matter what brings them there it is solice they find in the rain. Having the world they know become something they knew or wish for. But it is their own reality they face alone within themselves and in the world. I truly enjoyed this as it gave my imagination food to consume and think about.

Great Job!@!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Excellent!!! Lovely flow to it (if you will pardon the unintentional pun!!) :-)))

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

2 works in a day, a good day for me after all...

a universally embracing concept. The poem plays with different situations on the aspect of rain.

Great form, well chosen words, well painted imagery, and very well imparted message.

This is a wonderful piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You have shared the many different emotions that Rain can emit within us. I love the picture that you chose. Don't you just love Rain's picture on his sight? There is just something about a soft and gentle rain. I could walk in a rain like that for hours. Well done, my friend. :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1710 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 13, 2008
Last Updated on February 5, 2009

Author

Candle in the wind
Candle in the wind

Calcutta, India



About
Flickering and blazing,not yet blown out in the wind... the flame has to sustain itself when the rains set in... Beyond norms and overrated sanity " We look before and after And pine for what i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..