Strange faces

Strange faces

A Poem by PossiblyAlice
"

What will technology do to us?

"
Who is the interaction that plagues us?
Communication among the virtual
Strange faces, never looking up...where is the sky?
We claim our infinity but will we never understand it?
Cut short as the light burns out
Only ever comprehending past the time of saving
Undo 
Restart
Delete
Strange faces understand, illusions of infinity

Who is this unbearable silence?
Numb sounds, cracked sounds only in the ears of individuals
Safety lines creating less than physical bonds of the mind
Can we ignore what plagues us and it will cease to be?
Imaginary problems with imaginary solutions

Who is this future?
Where is reality?
Virtual faces in virtual places 
Will it become reality as reality becomes an unknown?
Thoughts evolve or disappear altogether
Advance or fall into something we do not know until it is understood
Now a new path has wandered away, we must continue virtualities 

Who are these strange faces?
Have they become my own?
My infinity has fallen from my grasp, laying broken among everything it was
I communicate, I am bound, I fall, I understand.
This is my reality

© 2013 PossiblyAlice


Author's Note

PossiblyAlice
I don't write like this often, so I'm still striving to master it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well, for "striving to master it," you have certainly done a masterful job. :) I was really impressed by the way you didn't let the reader off the hook; I had to keep reading, to see where exactly you were going with this, where you wanted to take this, and in the end, I was left with more questions than answers, which, in this type of writing, seems very, very appropriate.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

PossiblyAlice

11 Years Ago

Yes! Thank you, that was my goal in this piece. To make people question their worlds.
trainwreck

11 Years Ago

I'm glad I could read this piece. :)
PossiblyAlice

11 Years Ago

I'm honored



Reviews

This is good, but don't be disappointed, writers never really feel they've mastered writing...and all the ones that think they have have other issues. Be the best you can be and you're pretty good now.

Thanks for the share

Posted 10 Years Ago


PossiblyAlice

10 Years Ago

Thanks very much :)
this is pretty good! i love the topic. technology gradually wears away what was once human, as we become more dependant and drawn into this false reality we've created. and you captured that very well. a very creative, enjoyable read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i wish we could delete this life and go back to when everything was simpler...when we weren't living a virtual world...i want real contact with people...

even people who are together are seldom engaging each other in conversation..they are both using technology to be elsewhere.

Posted 10 Years Ago


PossiblyAlice

10 Years Ago

Exactly, I would love to live in a simple world
yes u got great style..
. typewriting font is my fav too.
its easy on the eyes and
gives one a sad feeling of years gone by

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow, this is so amazing...I cannot find words suitable to describe it. Love the flow of your words and reads amazingly, thank you so much for penning

Posted 11 Years Ago


PossiblyAlice

11 Years Ago

Thank you for reading
Silhouette

11 Years Ago

Anytime =)
Dear RamblinginCircles

The answer to your author's note? Write more often. Please?

Well written!

However much I try to balance my critiques pointing out strengths and weaknesses, all I can do is tell you here how I relate to this piece of yours.

The only mechanism by which we (you and I now) are 'talking' here is via the internet.

It is virtual reality.

I have had much experience of it in respectable writing sites but also self-admittedly (I am so ever honest) on the sharper less benign end.

Sometimes it is a happy place to reside.

We find people to 'talk' to across the globe, we could never have met if packed into our living room of a Monday evening! Will never happen!

We escape loneliness and find company, when there is no-one else around with whom to share.Iit can become a mutual support society, especially when feeling low or deserted.

There is much to be said for it.

In all its positives, this writing site, as it is constructive, is a safe place to share much of the artistic in us with others who are so like minded.

Downsides of the internet?

People steal your identity on email addresses and start sending emails as from you to the world and his wife; computer viruses and spam; the intentionally destructive advertiser; the even on here due to Google ads - 'dating, local sex near you'

And the tawdry drain of the mixed up world of humanity be it in its virtual / internet or real flesh and blood form goes on and on and on and on......

I would wish you to feel safe here.

The internet often frightens me.

But my experience of this site (Google ads or other apart) is that it is a safe place, full of well intentioned, well meaning, serious but yet friendly and artistic / intelligent people.

Please do hang on in here and sharpen your writing.

From this piece I see much prospect to tell us things we need to think about.

Accomplished piece.

Stick here and keep writing and sharing with us all here please.

It may end up being another home from home but in all the best senses of that term.

With my warmest regards

James



Posted 11 Years Ago


PossiblyAlice

11 Years Ago

that was a very constructive review, thank you :)
James Hanna-Magill

11 Years Ago

It was my pleasure, James
Realative writing, it is really true in this world. Great stuff in here. Beautiful piece!


Posted 11 Years Ago


This makes me think of how different people are online and in person, and how one tends to lose their real life identity in the virtual world. I like your use of diction and syntax, created a surrealist type of mental crisis that follows usually a drug trip or an hour of watching/reading anything Hunter S Thompson XD Overall fun and creative write! Good job :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


PossiblyAlice

11 Years Ago

Thank you, thats very good insight
Winslow Des Totes

11 Years Ago

:) thanks for the inspiration to find it.
I love the depth of your reality... these fragments of thought woven into rushing rivers of emotion and existence. Deep and dark, nearly thrashing at the soul.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

PossiblyAlice

11 Years Ago

Thank you, I try to exhibit the vastness of reality, as you've said.
Well, for "striving to master it," you have certainly done a masterful job. :) I was really impressed by the way you didn't let the reader off the hook; I had to keep reading, to see where exactly you were going with this, where you wanted to take this, and in the end, I was left with more questions than answers, which, in this type of writing, seems very, very appropriate.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

PossiblyAlice

11 Years Ago

Yes! Thank you, that was my goal in this piece. To make people question their worlds.
trainwreck

11 Years Ago

I'm glad I could read this piece. :)
PossiblyAlice

11 Years Ago

I'm honored

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

522 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 18, 2013
Last Updated on March 18, 2013

Author

PossiblyAlice
PossiblyAlice

My mind, CO



About
I'm Tess, I'm 17, I love this site. Writing helps me escape, it allows me to rid myself of feelings and splatter them across the page or simple to pass the infinity of time. So it's mere chance when s.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


After-glow After-glow

A Poem by LA Lorena