Goodbye Kmart

Goodbye Kmart

A Poem by Randy Johnson

The Kmart has closed that was located in Morristown, Tennessee.

That's one less place where people can shop and that includes me.

This particular Kmart was built in 1974.

After being in business for 43 years, they closed their doors.

They were in business for over four decades, that's a long time to be around.

This makes five department stores in Morristown that have been shut down.

I had shopped at Kmart since I was a child but I can't shop there anymore.

It's a shame that they had to call it quits, it's sad that they closed their store.

© 2017 Randy Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

How appropriate that the picture was taken on a rainy day. It's like the heavens wept over another shuttered business. This is an all too often recurring event in the United States of America --- so many jobs lost, so many lives affected, so many towns gasping for life.

I think we only have one left here; and for the life of me, I don't know how it survives. The shelves are often lacking, few staff remain, and you can just tell it's not long before the end.

I honestly don't know how these stores can compete in today's market though. Times are changing and so are we, and I'm not fully convinced that it's for the better.

Good job in conveying what's happening in Morristown and how you personally relate to the situation.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 6, 2017
Last Updated on June 6, 2017
Tags: Goodbye, Kmart, Morristown, Shopping

Author

Randy Johnson
Randy Johnson

TN



About
I was born in Middlesboro, Kentucky on August 20, 1971. I've lived in East Tennessee since 1973. My hobbies are writing and drawing. more..

Writing