It was like talking to a brick wall

It was like talking to a brick wall

A Poem by Randy Johnson
"

THIS IS A TRUE STORY ABOUT MY LATE FRIEND 'JOHN W. BROWN'

"
Talking to you was always a waste of time, you didn't listen at all.
Talking to you was worthless, it was like talking to a brick wall.
I showed you a movie about a young boy who took drugs and then drowned in the swimming pool.
I thought it would scare you into stopping your drug use but you laughed instead, that wasn't cool.
Many years ago when my brother was at your house when we were young,
you used something that made you cough up black stuff out of your lungs. 
That should've showed you how bad and dangerous drugs are, it should've been a wake up call.
But you continued to do drugs, talking to you was a dumb idea, it was like talking to a brick wall.
You would use any drug that people would give you if they said it would get you high.
You got your hands on the wrong stuff and your luck ran out, and it caused you to die.

© 2019 Randy Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The speaker's sense of anger tinged futility comes through strongly in this offering. It sounds as though the addressee was a confirmed substance abuser, and what we are hearing is a posthumous soliloquy, part anger and part grief, because he cared so much about the man. In the end, such feelings have to be laid to rest, because the other had opted for the stuff, and when such as choice is made, the rest is all downhill.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

29 Views
1 Review
Added on July 8, 2019
Last Updated on July 8, 2019
Tags: Death, Drugs, Friend, Nonfiction, Tragedy

Author

Randy Johnson
Randy Johnson

TN



About
I was born in Middlesboro, Kentucky on August 20, 1971. I've lived in East Tennessee since 1973. My hobbies are writing and drawing. more..

Writing