The 7th Anniversary

The 7th Anniversary

A Story by Randy Johnson
"

DEDICATED TO AGNES (2011-2020) WHO PASSED AWAY ON JULY 11, 2020.

"
I would've celebrated my seventh anniversary with my dog today if she hadn't died in July. For those who may not know, my dog's name was Agnes. She was a Chihuahua. When she died, it didn't just break my heart. It broke my spirit as well. With the exception of me spending ten days in the hospital in 2014, Agnes was with me every single day for nearly seven years.
After Agnes died, I constantly felt agitated and it was even hard for me to sit still. I couldn't even get any pleasure from my video games. But I did feel a little comfort by watching some of "The Dukes of Hazzard" episodes.
For a few days after my cat died in 2018, I found some comfort by sitting in a chair close to her grave. But it's not like that with Agnes. I liked my cat but I liked Agnes much better. Being around Agnes's grave for more than a minute or two makes me feel sad and it tears me up. Sadly, her grave is a reminder that I lost the best dog that I've ever had.
I wasn't going to get another dog but thirty-eight days after Agnes's death, I bought another Chihuahua. Her name is Hazel. She's two years old and I paid $200 for her..I figured that getting another dog would ease the pain I've been going through. While owning my new dog is bringing me some happiness, she can't replace Agnes. Hazel looks similar to Agnes. Not identical but similar.
If you own a dog, I hope that your dog lives to be twenty years old. I don't want others to have to experience the pain I've been going through. But sadly, many people have or will go through the same ordeal of losing their dogs. Agnes was my all time favorite dog and I wouldn't have taken $1,000,000 for her.

© 2020 Randy Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on August 27, 2020
Last Updated on August 27, 2020
Tags: Animal, Anniversary, Chihuahua, Dog, Pet

Author

Randy Johnson
Randy Johnson

TN



About
I was born in Middlesboro, Kentucky on August 20, 1971. I've lived in East Tennessee since 1973. My hobbies are writing and drawing. more..

Writing