PXL 2000 Camcorder

PXL 2000 Camcorder

A Story by Randy Johnson

I received a PXL 2000 Camcorder 32 years ago today. It was an early Christmas gift that I got on October 16, 1988. One thing that was awesome was that it only cost $100. But it was in black and white. That sucked.
Even though it was a video recorder, it used audio cassette tapes. But it only worked with High Bias tapes. A free cassette was included with the camcorder but I had to buy other High Bias tapes.
Because the cassette wheels span much faster than a regular tape recorder, you could only record five minutes on each side of a 90 minute cassette. A 60 minute cassette could probably only hold three minutes or less on each side of the tape.
Because regular camcorders cost around $1000 at the time, $100 was very cheap (even though the PXL 2000 was black and white). The PXL 2000 was probably popular in 1987 and 1988 but it's no big deal today. Now everybody can use their Smartphones as camcorders and they are in color. 

© 2020 Randy Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

22 Views
Added on October 16, 2020
Last Updated on October 16, 2020
Tags: Anniversary, Camera, Camcorder, Video

Author

Randy Johnson
Randy Johnson

TN



About
I was born in Middlesboro, Kentucky on August 20, 1971. I've lived in East Tennessee since 1973. My hobbies are writing and drawing. more..

Writing