Agnes's Grave

Agnes's Grave

A Story by Randy Johnson

My Chihuahua dog died in July. Her name was Agnes and this is a picture of her grave. You may be wondering why I put a door and cinder block on top of her grave. I'm not an expert at digging holes. I put the cinder block and door on top of her grave because I was afraid that a bigger dog might come along and dig her up. My next door neighbor was kind enough to loan me a shovel so that I could dig her grave.
I was originally going to hire a Taxidermist to mount Agnes when she died because I wanted to have her forever. But doing that might not have given Agnes the respect she deserved. I didn't want to risk being disrespectful so I buried her instead.
When I save up some money, I'm going to put a fence around her grave and I'm going to buy a headstone for Agnes that will have her picture on it. When poor Agnes died, it hurt me. It hurt me even more than I thought it would. May Agnes Rest In Peace.

© 2020 Randy Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19 Views
Added on October 24, 2020
Last Updated on October 24, 2020
Tags: Animal, Canine, Dog, Grave, Pet

Author

Randy Johnson
Randy Johnson

TN



About
I was born in Middlesboro, Kentucky on August 20, 1971. I've lived in East Tennessee since 1973. My hobbies are writing and drawing. more..

Writing