Mom and King Solomon

Mom and King Solomon

A Story by Randy Johnson
"

THIS ARTICLE EXPLAINS WHY MY LATE MOTHER WAS A BETTER PERSON THAN KING SOLOMON.

"
This article is about my late mother and King Solomon as well. My mother turned out to be a better person than King Solomon. When Solomon was young, he was a very good man. But when he got older, he became a jerk.
Mom was a wonderful woman. But when she was a young woman, she started hating men. She hated men because her dad and my dad were less than kind to her at times. Mom hated men so much that if she was walking down an aisle in a store and a man started walking down the same aisle, Mom would turn and walk down another man so that she wouldn't have to pass that man while walking down the aisle.
At the time, my brother and I were boys. Mom didn't have a problem with boys. She only had a problem with men. God could foresee a future problem and he gave Mom a warning. Gold told her "Don't hate men. Rick and Randy will be men one of these days and if you're not careful, you'll end up hating them too". That warning scared Mom out of her wits. She didn't want to end up hating Rick and I. She dropped her hatred of men right then and there.
Back during the days of King Solomon, God allowed men to have multiple wives. Solomon decided to get several wives. God was fine with this but Solomon decided to get foreign wives. Because they were foreign, God knew that they would worship a false god instead of him. God asked Solomon not to marry foreign women but Solomon ignored him. God was afraid that those foreign women would convince Solomon to worship their false god, and that was exactly what happened. Solomon's wives convinced him to worship Baal.
God was really good to Solomon. God gave him incredible wisdom, wealth and made him a king. After receiving those wonderful blessings from God, Solomon not only stabbed God in the back, he came back and twisted the knife.
If you had a ten month old bag of garbage sitting on your porch, it would be smelly, rotten and disgusting. But that bag of garbage would be sweet and beautiful when compared to the piece of garbage that Solomon turned out to be when he was an older man. After learning this about Solomon, I became ashamed that I've even heard of Solomon. Mom did what Solomon wouldn't. She didn't betray God and she listened to him and took his advice.

© 2021 Randy Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on June 5, 2021
Last Updated on June 5, 2021
Tags: Betrayal, Bible, God, Mom, Nonfiction

Author

Randy Johnson
Randy Johnson

TN



About
I was born in Middlesboro, Kentucky on August 20, 1971. I've lived in East Tennessee since 1973. My hobbies are writing and drawing. more..

Writing