July the 4th

July the 4th

A Story by Randy Johnson
"

This short article is about the consequences when people are irresponsible with fireworks.

"
It has been 245 years since the Declaration Of Independence. Before people use fireworks, I urge them to be careful. Fireworks can be dangerous if people are irresponsible. My mom once told me what happened to a man. He lit a firecracker with his cigarette. But instead of throwing the firecracker down and returning the cigarette to his mouth, he accidentally threw his cigarette down and put the firecracker in his mouth. It blew out a couple of his teeth.
Ten or more years ago, a tragedy occurred because of a seventeen year old boy's irresponsibility and ignorance. He put a bunch of fireworks on his head and lit them. Sadly, when those fireworks exploded, they killed the boy. That was very sad.
I read that the deceased boy's mother was trying to have fireworks banned because of this. But she wasn't looking at the whole picture. Yes, the fireworks killed him, but he should've known better. Even a 17 year old should know that doing such a thing is dangerous. Fireworks weren't the entire reason why he died. Sadly, he died because of ignorance and irresponsibility. If you use fireworks, don't place them on your head or hold them in your hand. Be safe this 4th of July. I'd much rather see you have fun than to have to be rushed to a hospital.

© 2021 Randy Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on July 4, 2021
Last Updated on July 4, 2021
Tags: Danger, Death, Fireworks, Responsibility, Safety

Author

Randy Johnson
Randy Johnson

TN



About
I was born in Middlesboro, Kentucky on August 20, 1971. I've lived in East Tennessee since 1973. My hobbies are writing and drawing. more..

Writing