Jelly Babies

Jelly Babies

A Story by Randy Johnson

I did something today that I've been wanting to for the last thirty-seven years. I ate some Jelly Babies. I became a big fan of the classic "Doctor Who" TV show in 1984. I saw The Doctor eating Jelly Babies on that show and I've been wanting to try them ever since.
But finding Jelly Babies here in Bean Station, Tennessee is impossible. If you want to buy Jelly Babies where I live, you will be out of luck. I ordered my Jelly Babies from Walmart.com and they arrived in the mail this morning.
I remember something that happened in an episode of the classic "Doctor Who" that I thought was funny. That Doctor Who episode is titled "The Robots of Death". The Doctor asked a man if he would like a Jelly Baby. The man yelled "Shut up!" and knocked the Jelly Babies out of The Doctor's hand. The Doctor said "A simple no thank you would've been sufficient".
Jelly Babies are gummy and today I learned that they taste pretty good. I did something today that I've been wanting to do for over three and a half decades. I ate some Jelly Babies for the first time.

© 2021 Randy Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on October 9, 2021
Last Updated on October 9, 2021
Tags: Candy, Food, Nostalgia

Author

Randy Johnson
Randy Johnson

TN



About
I was born in Middlesboro, Kentucky on August 20, 1971. I've lived in East Tennessee since 1973. My hobbies are writing and drawing. more..

Writing