Greed Is The Root of All Evil

Greed Is The Root of All Evil

A Poem by Randy Johnson

It's true that the love of money is the root of all evil and it's because of greed.
Rich people want more and more even though it's something they don't need.
Not all are greedy but I've learned there are greedy women who are on dating sites.
They only date men who earn large paychecks and it's something that is not right.
People go to Las Vegas and lose their shirts.
Drug dealers sell drugs and don't care who they hurt.
When I think about slave owners, I think that they were depraved.
Greed was the reason why those innocent people were enslaved.
When I say that greed should be despised, greedy people don't agree at all.
But they may soon agree because greed has led to many people's downfalls.
Besides being wrong, greed is also a terrible sin.
I'm ashamed when I see greedy women and men.

© 2021 Randy Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I couldn't have said it better myself. Insightful commentary Randy. We live in a greedy society. It permeates all aspects of our communities. It is a driving force in the hatred that is so prevalent in our country. Racism isn't cheap it comes with a price. This is done by internation so that we focus our hatred on one another while the rich rob us blind. It's in the best interest of the ultra wealthy elites and corporations to fund this hate so we don't turn on them the real culprits to all this insanity.

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 13, 2021
Last Updated on October 13, 2021
Tags: Greed, Money, immorality

Author

Randy Johnson
Randy Johnson

TN



About
I was born in Middlesboro, Kentucky on August 20, 1971. I've lived in East Tennessee since 1973. My hobbies are writing and drawing. more..

Writing