This Christmas Season

This Christmas Season

A Poem by Randy Johnson
"

I DEDICATE THIS POEM TO MY LATE PARENTS

"
This Christmas Season, I wish my parents were still around.
But they both died in 2013 and they're buried in the ground.
The last Christmas I spent with them was almost a decade ago.
When a man loses his family, it's sad and it's a devastating blow.
The Christmas of 2012 was the last Christmas I was able to spend with them.
Mom died the following March and Dad's cancer got worse and I also lost him.
It's sad to know that they're both gone and we can't spend this Christmas together.
If you still have your parents, truly appreciate them because they won't live forever.

© 2021 Randy Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aww, this is so sad. I am very sorry for your loss. I am in the position that my mom has stage 4 renal cancer, and is struggling. My dad and I have been estranged for years, so I don't have him in my life anymore. (He chose his new wife and step daughters over the rest of his kids.)

Even though they aren't there, you can still honor them by setting plates for them and talking about them. Talk about favorite memories or their favorite Christmas foods, etc. That is how they live in our hearts and minds after they've gone.

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
1 Review
Added on December 22, 2021
Last Updated on December 22, 2021
Tags: Christmas, Death, Parents, Holidays, Nonfiction

Author

Randy Johnson
Randy Johnson

TN



About
I was born in Middlesboro, Kentucky on August 20, 1971. I've lived in East Tennessee since 1973. My hobbies are writing and drawing. more..

Writing