Jon Pertwee's Demise

Jon Pertwee's Demise

A Story by Randy Johnson

Jon Pertwee portrayed the third incarnation of The Doctor. He starred in five seasons of Doctor Who from 1970 to 1974. He starred in twenty-four episodes. For those who may not know, Pertwee was a British actor. He died twenty-six years ago today on May 20, 1996 at the age of seventy-six. He died of a heart attack in his sleep while visiting the USA.
Patrick Troughton starred as the second incarnation of The Doctor. And coincidentally, he also died of a heart attack while visiting the USA. Troughton died on March 28, 1987 at the age of sixty-seven.
Time sure does fly. When Pertwee died, it had been twenty-six years since he started starring in Doctor Who. The same amount of years have passed since his death until now as it did from when he began starring in Doctor Who until his death.
Pertwee was one of the best actors to portray The Doctor. Jon's episodes were the first Doctor Who episodes that were filmed in color. One of his teachers told him that he'd never make it as an actor. That teacher was full of crap.

© 2022 Randy Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on May 21, 2022
Last Updated on May 21, 2022
Tags: Actor, British, Anniversary

Author

Randy Johnson
Randy Johnson

TN



About
I was born in Middlesboro, Kentucky on August 20, 1971. I've lived in East Tennessee since 1973. My hobbies are writing and drawing. more..

Writing