30 Years Ago On New Year's Eve

30 Years Ago On New Year's Eve

A Story by Randy Johnson

I still remember what happened thirty years ago tonight on New Year's Eve. I went to Goodwill and Kmart. It was the first time I went to Goodwill. I went to Kmart to buy another NES because my other NES stopped working. By this time, Nintendo had started giving away "Super Mario Bros. 3" with the NES.
I wouldn't buy the third Super Mario Bros. game in the stores because it's too similar to the original. There were some differences between the two, one of which is that Mario can fly in the third Super Mario Bros. game, but it was too similar to the original. It would've felt like I was buying add on levels for the original rather than buying another game. I didn't want to spend $50 for something that would've felt like add on levels. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that the third Super Mario Bros. game is a bad game. It's a very good game and so is the original.
As I said earlier, I also went to Goodwill thirty years ago tonight. Goodwill moved out of that location a few to several years later and it was a good thing too because about twenty years ago, an arsonist or arsonists burned down the buildings where Goodwill was at. I don't know if the police ever arrested the arsonist or arsonists but the buildings that were burned were never rebuilt.

© 2022 Randy Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on December 31, 2022
Last Updated on December 31, 2022
Tags: Arson, stores, nostalgia, anniversary

Author

Randy Johnson
Randy Johnson

TN



About
I was born in Middlesboro, Kentucky on August 20, 1971. I've lived in East Tennessee since 1973. My hobbies are writing and drawing. more..

Writing