Days Long Past - Journal Entry 1/16/03

Days Long Past - Journal Entry 1/16/03

A Poem by Irish_Ranger
"

First entry for a journal I started years ago. An interesting perspective from a person who hadn't seen much of the world yet.

"
1/16/03

New revelation today. Stress is a sickness. It is a disease, it spreads like a plague. It has the ability to infect.

We take for granted the state of well-being. We do this because our current state is normal. Only when a person is sick do they miss being well. When we are well, we forget that we are.

Stress is indeed a sickness. I am happy to be well, but I will soon forget. It will fade like tears in the rain, the memory will. By the end of the week, I won't care that I had stress. And a week from now, will I rejoice in the fact that I am well?

When you leave illness, there is a period of time, a short period of time, when you have the opportunity to feel the emotion of rebirth. Getting well feels almost like being born again. I felt that today, a feeling of tranquility and harmony. Everything old was new again.

My revelation then came. Stress is a disease. Getting well... rebirth.

It is the... one of the only truly remarkable contradictions that I had ever realized. We are all cursed and blessed.

We are cursed because our minds are so prone to forgetting the rebirth, of forgetting that we really are well.

We are blessed because no matter how much sickness we go through, however many times it may occur, there can be a rebirth. We all hold that capacity.

...Tears in the rain...

Already gone.

© 2011 Irish_Ranger


Author's Note

Irish_Ranger
I'm simply sharing what was put down on paper, unedited, so I'm sure there are errors here and there in this transcription. Those were deliberate.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
Added on February 25, 2011
Last Updated on February 25, 2011