Yes, I am that stranger.

Yes, I am that stranger.

A Story by Rassoul
"

if you're reading this, it's too late.

"
I hope you remember me, I'm the stranger who made you smile day by day, the one who never got tired of making you happy.
I'm the stranger who took care of you and made sure you're fine everyday, the one who used to call you every night to hear your voice.
I'm the stranger who loved you more than anything, the one who never forgot about our anniversary.
I never wanted you to leave, In fact I did every possible thing to make you stay. We had a connection, a bond, like you're metal and I'm a damn magnet.
I'm the stranger who used to mean the world to you, the one who loved your naked soul before your naked body. 
Heartbreak, such a staggering end. You didn't break my heart, you ripped it into a million pieces; watched me bleeding and did nothing about it. You saw my soul evaporating infront of you and it didn't make you sad.
It was the end of us.
I am that stranger who's still writing about you, a message that you will never recieve.
-Rassoul 

© 2017 Rassoul


Author's Note

Rassoul
Opinions about this.
How many can relate to this?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That was pretty good. The piece does well to build up a sense of unhappy departure, and a continued longing on the part of the narrator.

That said, the piece also reminded me of why I tend toward writing somewhat dark pieces. Not very far in to the reading, I realized that much of these could also be played off from the perspective of a stalker, or someone overly infatuated with another (which may still be true). Certain lines, of course, did well to put distance between the two possible perspectives (the one you used and the one I denoted here).

Due the piece's more poetic, monologue-like styling I don't have much to provide in terms of constructive feedback. Anything that I could come up with has already been addressed by others.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rassoul

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much, review appreciated.



Reviews

A very good story shared my friend. I agree. It is sad we become stranger after we were friend. Thank you Rassoul for sharing excellent story.
Coyote


Posted 6 Years Ago


That hit me hard. The funny thing about this is there is no name in this so the person you went through all of this with is the first name that pops into your head. In a way reading this was poisonous to me, because all those memories hit me like a brick to the face.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Oh, god, you are awesome Rassoul. I can really feel the pain.....And I guess that it's your own story. ....

Posted 6 Years Ago


Such a heartbreaker ,😢 but pretty good story as well 😊

Posted 6 Years Ago


Rassoul

6 Years Ago

Thanks a lot, Nourhan!
Nora

6 Years Ago

My pleasure 😊😊
"if you're reading this, it's too late."
=> it gave me the creeps when i first read this. but i chose to continue reading as i was curious what the content might be. then i thought the character was a stalker. but it turned out to be just someone who is deeply hurt.
wow...glad i didn't hesitate to read on

Posted 6 Years Ago


Rassoul

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Jarette for your review.
That was pretty good. The piece does well to build up a sense of unhappy departure, and a continued longing on the part of the narrator.

That said, the piece also reminded me of why I tend toward writing somewhat dark pieces. Not very far in to the reading, I realized that much of these could also be played off from the perspective of a stalker, or someone overly infatuated with another (which may still be true). Certain lines, of course, did well to put distance between the two possible perspectives (the one you used and the one I denoted here).

Due the piece's more poetic, monologue-like styling I don't have much to provide in terms of constructive feedback. Anything that I could come up with has already been addressed by others.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rassoul

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much, review appreciated.
Amazing story relatable and heartwarming work..i really enjoyed

Posted 6 Years Ago


Rassoul

6 Years Ago

Thanks, Farhan.
Very sad story, well expressed...
"Stranger"... made me think that we are all, in away, unique and so, "strange" to all the other people that surround us (even the ones that love us)!
I had my share of coming and going, but, for me, in a way, it was always clear that we can't "have" other people e they should be free to come and go... and we had to be prepared to let go when time comes... (well, something like that!)



Posted 6 Years Ago


Rassoul

6 Years Ago

Thanks for your review!
proper poetry and well penned

Posted 6 Years Ago


Rassoul

6 Years Ago

Thanks a lot.
beautiful, i feel like too many people can relate to this on a very deep level!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Rassoul

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Bryanna!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1339 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 26, 2017
Last Updated on May 26, 2017
Tags: Stranger, Separate, Partner, Relationship

Author

Rassoul
Rassoul

Cairo, Egypt



About
I write to survive, I write to satisfy the devil inside. Omar Ashraf who also known as Rassoul. more..

Writing
I can't I can't

A Story by Rassoul



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..