Raven's Wishes

Raven's Wishes

A Story by Raven Starhawk

 

Rainbow filaments coiled in route for notched cobblestone girders. Like emaciated fingers they broaden over ethereal appendages, each delicate strand arching before looping about suspended orbs that glowed and crackled. Their brilliance splashed across granite slabs, illuminating their glitter and few hollow pits

In sweeping midnight robes a figure stepped forward. Her insipid skin was in complete contrast to her black hair that cascaded down her back and over her shoulders.  At first her jade eyes were void of emotion, but as she drew closer a world of anguish filled them with stinging tears.

"Make your wishes," said the Phoenix. "You have only three and time is short."

Caressing the large tourmaline quartz cradled between the claws of her staff, she briefly closed her eyes. It glowed beneath her touch and hissed electrically when she then stared into it.

"Well," she began, "I think it shall be best to start with the most important.  Bleed darkness into the light as they use the light to ridicule me."

Though the Phoenix hesitated, a wish, no matter how selfish or wicked, cannot be denied less it was out of the Phoenix's power.

"Make your second wish," said the Phoenix. "You have only two left and time is short."

“Trespassers and betrayers should be forever haunted by the very trespasses and betrayals they commit as they employ such misdeeds against me.”

“Make your third wish.  This will be the last one and time is short.”

“May the outcast rise against those who reject her as I have been the outcast all my life.”


© 2018 Raven Starhawk


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on July 28, 2018
Last Updated on July 28, 2018
Tags: fantasy, fiction, revenge, reject, outcast