~The Past~

~The Past~

A Story by Rayne
"

Make of whatever tis wants out of this story.

"
The year was 1125 in what is now called Britan.
Back then I was a lonely passerby looking for somebody to be my companion.
Walking down the brick road I hear somebody yell public hanging, Curious I run in the direction the person is going. Approaching the growing crowd I see a wooden platform that is five feet tall. On the platform is a man with a noose around his neck, a man wearing a black mask and clothes, and a priest.
"Ladies and gentlemen, today we are witnessing the hanging of this fellow. His crime is killing his wife, punishable of death. May god have mercy on your soul." The priest yells. The floor under the man falls with him falling with it. The man shakes a few times, before going limp.
Done watching the hanging I walk away. I just let my feet guide me to where ever.
"Theif!!" I hear a merchant yell, running after a boy. The boy was in grudy clothes, clearly an orphan.
A man grabs the young man, draging him back to the merchant. I know what is to come. They will cut his finger off as a first warning. Second warning is to lose the hand.
"Stop this!" I yell.
"Stay out of this, Mi'Lady." The merchant says raising a sword. I grab his wrist before the blade hits the boys skin.
"Tis just a boy living in a hard world. He does not look like he has eatin in days. Boy does not have money to buy a apple, so he stole. Let him go, I will pay for the apple." I plead.
"Fin, you take tis vermon." The merchant says throwing the boy at my feet. I bow while handing him a silver piece.
"Come boy." I order walking away, I hear tiny footsteps running after me.
"What tis you name?" The boy asks looking up at me.
"Raven and yours?" I ask smiling. The boy looks down at the ground.
"Tis do not have name, but people call me demon child." The boy says ashamed. I laugh at how cute he looks.
"I will call you Angelus, my boy." I say smiling brightly. "How would you like to accompany me."
"I would love to Mi'Lady." The boy says giving me a goofy grin.
"Then tis settled we will travel the vast land together." I say lauhging.
I use my quick reflexes to stash an apple in my bag. Walking on the road I see a merchant selling coons, chickens, and other wild animals. (For anybody who doesnt know a Coon is a Racoon.)
"Sir, how much for a Coon?" I ask smiling.
"One gold piece, Mi'Lady." The merchant says smiling.
"Ill take one." I say handing him a gold piece.
"Here ya are." the merchant says smiling.
"Thank you sir, have a merry day." I say walking away.
Angelus and I leave the village and into the vast forest. The next village is a five day walk from here.
Angelus and I have been walking for 3 hours, sun will be setting in an hour.
"We shall set camp here for the night." I say to a happy Angelus.
Setting my bag down I take the Coon, apple, onion, green pepper, and tomato out. I also take my dagger out.
I start deboning and gutting the Coon. I keep the guts and bones. Guts make a very good sauce. After the coon is deboned I start making a grill with the bones, tying them with horse hair. I place the grill over the fire, and then the cut up pieces of Coon.
"Boy, you know how to cut vegatables." I yell to Angelus.
"No, Mi'Lady." Angelus says looking down kicking the ground.
"Come I will teach you." I say motioning for him to join me.
I taught that boy everything I knew. How to hunt in the wild, how everything cna be used in the animals body, how to cook with anything and everything. And finally how to steal so good that nobody notices the product is gone.
6 years has come and passed as if it was the first year I have met him.
Angelus is growing into quite a handsome teenager. Long black shaggy hair with dark blue eyes. Angelus is now about 5'6" and growing.
We are camping out in the woods like always, we tend to like the wilderness better than villages.
"Raven, I have noticed something." Angelus says cutting an apple.
"What is that, Angelus?" I ask smiling.
"I age and grow everyday, yet you have not aged or gew at all. Why do you not age?" angelus asks.
I sigh knowing this day would come eventually. "Angelus, I am not human. I am a fallen angel who was turned into a vampire. I do not age like you cause I am both dead and alive at the same time." I say sadly.
"Raven will you turn me. I want to spend eternity at your side, I will always serve and protect you." Angelus asks smiling.
"When you turn 21 I will. I know you will always be with me, Angelus." I say smiling.
"Thank you." Angelus says jumping on me.
"Your welcome. Now time to eat some grub." I say laughing.
5 years come and pass. I turned Angelus into a vampire. Teaching him the ways of a vampire, as well as I could. Angelus was always by my side, always helping me find a good meal. We were insepreable and loved each other very much. Our love was not of husband and wife, but merly that of brother and sister.
Angelus would harm any who tried to hurt me, nobody went unpunished.
I trully miss my little brother and wihs he was still with me.

© 2010 Rayne


Author's Note

Rayne
Make whatever you want of this story. Reviewing give feedback if you like.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Added on April 2, 2010
Last Updated on April 2, 2010

Author

Rayne
Rayne

Hoagland , IN



About
I love to write stories and one day get the story I am writing published. I have been writing stories since i was 12 years old. I love reading other peoples work and giving them feedback. Want to kn.. more..

Writing
For Grandma For Grandma

A Poem by Rayne