prologue

prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

This is where it all starts.The nightmare that would forever haunt Steven.

"
Steven found himself standing at the end of a pier.He was facing away from the shore and only saw fog as far as the eye could see.
"Where am I?"Whispered Steven.
There was very little to go by since he had no idea where he was.So, Steven turned around to see if there were any signs.Sadly,all that could be seen was a blood trail leading back to where he stood.
"Oh s**t,"Gasped Steven."what the  f**k happened?"
The blood trail was concerning for Steven.In his stupor,had he done something to cause someone harm?It was all confusing.But left with little to do, Steven thought for a moment.
"Maybe the blood isn't human, maybe it's animal blood.Either way,I should get out of here so nobody sees me and thinks the worst."
And with that, Steven followed the pier back to shore.When he made it back to solid ground he felt something in his pocket.Curiosity got the better of Steven,forcing him to reach in and pull out what ever it was.To his shock,it was a switchblade.What's more,dried blood covered the entire blade.
"Oh god...what the f**k have I done?"
Now more than ever,it was apparent that something bad had happened.What had Steven done?The more he thought about it,the more it frightened him.He had to make his getaway now so that nobody would see him and incriminate him.Prison was not an option,especially for someone with such mental health issues.Steven wouldn't last.
"If I want to get away without being seen,I should head for the road."
Steven saw a dirt path leading up a gentle slope and immediately ran up it.However, when he got to the top of the slope, Steven didn't find a road at all.Where the road once lay, a chasm now replaced it.Looking from left to right it was obvious that the chasm went on seemingly forever.To try and test how deep the chasm was, Steven picked up a stone and dropped it in.As Steven anticipated,there was no sound of it hitting the bottom.
"Jesus,"Mumbled Steven."how deep does this thing go?"
Left with very little choice, Steven chose to go back down the path in hopes of finding another way round.He managed to force his way through thick bushes, dense forestry, and muddy puddles,all before finally reaching the road again.Steven was now much further up from where the dirt path had led him.He looked to his left and saw the chasm.The more he stared out into the vast emptiness, the more Steven felt consumed by it.
Steven walked in the opposite direction of the chasm and eventually came to an intersection.Sadly enough, the only way was to go right.Dead ahead was yet another chasm.It was maddening to know that an easy way out had been blocked off,especially in those circumstances.So, Steven chose to continue his journey down the road to the right and see where it would lead him.That's where he was met with an unsettling image.On the side of the road, a sign stood.It read: WELCOME TO SILENT HILL.
If you grew up in or around Silent Hill, you knew of the dark tales that surrounded the town.All those nasty stories and rumors, each one more terrifying than the next.This didn't bode well for Steven.The second he made the decision to cross the threshold and step into Silent Hill, he had sealed his fate.
"If this gets me out of town faster then I must go.Even if it kills me."
Steven eventually found himself standing at the observation deck which overlooked Toluca Lake.He had to admit, the scenery was stunning, but he also knew about the tale of a man who had purposely driven into the lake.His body was never found.Maybe it was still in there, clawing its way back up to the surface.All of these thoughts were filling Steven's mind, forcing the dread to drown him.
As Steven pressed on, he found that a dirt path leading down towards the lake had been blocked off by a van.Strangely,the van appeared old and worn out, almost as if it had been there for years.That wouldn't be enough to stop Steven.He merely sought another way to town.And that second option was to go through the tunnel.Unluckily for,Steven, there was no light inside of the tunnel.None except for a dim glow off in the distance.
Strange sound echoed out from within the tunnel and made their way to Steven.The second he heard them, they reminded him of a pig eating noisily.Down to every last detail.The slurping, the chewing, the crunching...it was all there.Even the grunts could be heard.
"I'd hate to think what is in there...but sadly for me, I have no other choice.The tunnel is my only way into town."
Steven cautiously made his way into the tunnel and focused on the dim light off in the distance.He clutched the switchblade with every ounce of strength he had, holding it so that he could defend himself if need be.
"All I have to do is get to wherever that light is coming from and take it.Hopefully then I will have some way of seeing things,especially those hiding in the dark."
With the light in focus,Steven made his way further into the tunnel.After walking through the tunnel as if trying not to step on eggshells, Steven found where the light was shining from.It was a flashlight in the backseat of a car.The tunnel was full of old and new cars, all varying from different makes and models.Some that hadn't been seen in years.A true gold mine for those who sought after collectibles, but also fortune for those who liked scrap metal.
Steven used the switchblade to pick open the locks on the car and grabbed the flashlight from the backseat.The second he grabbed it, the flashlight went out.Steven was clearly distraught by this and began to shake it vigorously, hoping that it would magically turn back.Turns out he had accidentally pressed the on/off button.Once the flashlight was turned back on and visibility was restored, Steven focused his attention to the exit of the tunnel.
Suddenly, the sound of a 'CODE BLUE' at a hospital,rung throughout the tunnel.It was unexpected and frightening to hear, freaking out Steven.He looked back at the entrance to the tunnel and saw a thick,black liquid, oozing over it.By the time he had managed to sprint back to the entrance,Steven now stood face to face with a metal wall.Where it came from was unknown.However, it must have formed when the liquid sealed off the entrance.
Steven cautiously made his way through the tunnel and shone the flashlight across every inch possible.His nerves were on high alert, mainly due to his eyes playing tricks on him.He swore that he could see thing moving in between the cars.Just as Steven was about to dismiss everything, something caught his attention out the corner of his eye.Something fast, something small, but definitely intelligent.
Out from one of the cars stepped forth something of nightmares.It was no taller than that of a small child, looked humanoid, had no head, no skin, and its arms were fastened to its chest by U shaped pegs.All muscles were visible, even those not normally seen.
"What the f**k is that?!"Cried Steven,shining the flashlight at the creature.
As the creature slowly approached, Steven found himself panicking.He could do nothing except back away with each step it took.The creature was breathing heavily as it inched forward,grunting like a pig as it did.Then, when Steven was within touching distance, the creature stopped and stood motionless.
"God...please...help me."
The creature now stood directly in front of Steven.He had his eyes clenched shut so he wouldn't have to see it, but that didn't help him.Because he felt something warm and slimy touch him.And,just like that, Steven opened his eyes.The creature was gone, the tunnel was gone, and Steven, he found himself sitting up in his bed.It had all been a nightmare.With a quick glance around the room to see if he was truly awake or not, Steven saw that he was indeed in his apartment. It was yet another nightmare, but this one was worse.


© 2018 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
this fictional story contains graphic and violent content.Viewer discretion is advised.I will hold no accountability for anything happening outside of this story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
Added on August 12, 2018
Last Updated on August 14, 2018
Tags: Silent Hill, horror, scary, monsters, nightmares, hell, evil, demons


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay