Of Birthday Cakes and Parties

Of Birthday Cakes and Parties

A Chapter by Robin
"

the Cake , the sequel

"

My 30th birthday fell on a Thursday that year and my girlfriend at the time decided that we should celebrate it that weekend instead . Great , fine with me .  It fit everyone's schedule  and anyone who enjoyed their self a little too much would have Sunday to sleep it off .  

 

In the previous chapter we all know what happened to cake one ( shiver )  so this gave my girlfriend time to make another , and oh it was beautiful ! - three layers , cream cheese icing  - and big !  plenty for everyone and enough room for the fire hazard that would be placed upon it .

 

That night , the time came for the ceremonial blowing out of the candles , and instead of performing said cermony in the kitchen , the girls had decided that we would instead dim the lights , and the Cake would be brought into the living room ablaze in its full glory .  There it would be presented before me , where I could then cast my wish upon the extinguishing of the fireball before me .  

 

I sat in the chair of honor ( a really cool wooden dining chair I found at a yard sale )  and waited amongst a sea of smiles as the glow from the kitchen slowly made its way to the living room . As she turned the corner , she began to sing and soon the room filled with the inebriated and dissonant notes of ' Happy Birthday to you" .

 

I can still see her eyes focused intently on the Cake , the golden glow upon her smiling face  - beautiful .  Her step slow and steady  - and caught on the rug , she so adored .

 

Incoming !  I still see that cake ( on fire ) slipping from her hands  as tried to regain her balance .  Cake deux met its demise mid-air as she attempted to catch herself and cake at the same time . Thirty candles and white icing exploding in the darkened room in slo-mo worthy of any Sam Peckinpah film - and then the silence , well except for the mad beating of candles attempting to light my furniture on fire . 

 

She cried , I sighed and more people got drunk .

 

In hindsight , there is a reason you don't see Jugglers using Cakes - they dont juggle well .  Chainsaws , bowling balls - eh ...  You want to impress me - juggle a Birthday Cake ... and a Cat .

 

 



© 2011 Robin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enby you your ability to write stories and keep them interesting I should spend more time on your site
Your friend Tate
100.100

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sounds like you got a firework display for your birthday! I have to go back and read chapter-one now, lol. The dirty thirty was one to remember…

Great Write Robin!
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh.. my nightmare.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

maybe juggle a cake from the Cake Boss...forgetaboutit!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

well in the words of a famous musician, "and a good time was had by all."

amen

btw happy B-day.... whenever....

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

haaaaa. so great.
the re-telling of it, not, probably the experience itself. it appears cake was not your destiny that year.

and yeah, ANYONE can juggle a chainsaw... its the live felines and fiery pastries that do you in.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

=D This is brilliant! You've mastered this style of humour, fantastic!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lollllllllll
yeah :D that would be a show to remember - the juggling with a cake and a cat

one above the other, i'd say that was a party to remember...so to speak :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

497 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 25, 2011
Last Updated on June 17, 2011


Author

Robin
Robin

CA



About
I am a man , I breathe nature , I listen to the stars , I speak dream , music is my life blood , my words pour from my heart . I observe , my hands express . Feel my words , look as deeply into yo.. more..

Writing
Saudade Saudade

A Poem by Robin


Instinct Instinct

A Poem by Robin


Listening ~ Listening ~

A Poem by Robin



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fade Fade

A Poem by Robin


Spiral Spiral

A Poem by Robin


Quiet Girls Quiet Girls

A Poem by Robin