Quick Updates About Myself

Quick Updates About Myself

A Story by RealistMe
"

This is a quick update about myself.

"
How's it going writers? I know haven't been spending as much time on here. Then again, there aren't as many people on Writer's Cafe at the moment. I'm currently searching for another weblog community, that has less political drama and more of a "young adult" demographic than Blogster. This doesn't necessarily mean, that I will automatically discriminate against those, who are in their 40's and older. I have already told my Xangan and Blogsterian friends/subscribers on my Blogster page, that I plan on spending less time on Blogster.

http://www.blogster.com/realistme/blogging-on-blogster-lesser-than-before


Blogster has too much toxicity on it. Anytime my other Xangan and Blogsterian friends/subscribers have to inbox me saying, they're sick of being on Blogster, it's bad. Hopefully, once more bloggers from My Opera settle onto Vivaldi.net and Vivaldi adds more features, my other friends/subscribers will hopefully decide to follow me there. Vivaldi.net is still very new. Therefore, most in general are hesitant about joining it.


Some are content with Blogster because they already have their own friends/subscribers. Some of them have more subscribers than I do, when I was the main Xangan to have them follow me to Blogster. I'm happy that some of them are enjoying their Blogsterian friends/subscribers. However, some of us Xangans are unsatisfied. I guess some of you reading this entry can say I've grown "self-entitled" to having more subscribers. I went from having 50 Xangan subscribers on Xanga 1.0 within 1/2 year to only having 16 subscribers on Blogster within another 1/2 year. Out of those 16 subscribers, they're mostly my Xangan subscribers. Even though some Blogsterians have been very warm and welcoming to me, I can't say this for the majority of them.


I've witnessed, as well as personally experienced just how incredibly rude, dismissive, coy, cliquey, nitpicky, and narrow-minded most of the Blogsterians are on Blogster. This goes beyond their political views. In fact, there's a particular Blogsterian, who shares the same Xangan and Blogsterian friends/subscribers I have yet she's a rude, dismissive, pompous a*s, who loves instigating and thinks it's her duty to put people in their places. She already had a track record, before I met her on Blogster. Seeing the way she reacted towards me a few times on mutual friends' pages annoys me. That Blogsterian is only 1 blogger. Meanwhile, she has other friends, who have very similar personalities to hers.


I always love when people use the word, "blunt" as an excuse to be rude. As I've said before in the past, people can be "blunt" without being rude. I consider myself to be a blunt person. Although, I try not to be rude and hurt people's feelings. Some of those so-called "blunt" people on Blogster are purposely insensitive and almost resemble trolls.


Having loyal friends is a bonus, while having subscribers. I don't mind subscribing to other bloggers as long as they don't spam me to death like someone with OCD. There are quite a few OCD Blogsterians, who love posting 3-10+ entries within a day. They don't realize, that they're not they only bloggers on Blogster. Even if they were, it's ridiculous to assume everybody wants to read that many blogs from the same blogger. I read 2 years ago, that 1-2 blogs within a day is sufficient. The moment someone posts beyond 2 entries, that's extreme. I have unsubscribed from a few Blogsterians because their entries were overkill. Whether I come home from a job or not, I don't want to read that many entries from the same person. I'm already subscribed to a few others on the site. The only reason why that blogger should post that many entries is if he/she must literally copy and paste pre-existing blogs from another site. Otherwise, he/she has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. The same applies to writers on Writer's Cafe and their read requests.


In the meantime, please feel welcome to check out my website, It's Not All Gumdrops & Unicorns. I blog regularly on it. Yesterday morning, I changed the scenery to green for Saint Patrick's Day. LOL! Anyway, let me know what you think about my website, It's Not All Gumdrops & Unicorns. 

© 2014 RealistMe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree about blogster. It is one of the reasons I came here. I'm still looking for my new blog home though.

Posted 10 Years Ago


RealistMe

10 Years Ago

As soon as Vivaldi.net gets everything and everyone situated, you might like the site.
This was very interesting my friend,Your world really isn't all gumdrops and unicorns lol

Posted 10 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Yes they seem to multiply faster than I can read them lol
RealistMe

10 Years Ago

Yeah, I know what you mean. LOL!
Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Lol ..................:P

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

RealistMe
RealistMe

Wauwatosa, WI



About
I am a diversified, MULTI-RACIAL woman, and have a BA in Asian Studies with a Creative Writing Minor. I am a writer, blogger, website owner, and a former DJ/Radio Show Hostess for my own radio show at.. more..

Writing
Model Parent Model Parent

A Story by RealistMe