Will's Arcade Part 1

Will's Arcade Part 1

A Story by Reaverblade
"

In which Will does not call the police.

"

Will rushed toward the old Theater Building that he and his friends used as a club house for after-school activities. He was late for their daily meeting due to his math teacher, Mr. Simms, keeping him after school to talk to him about Will not turning in his homework. Mr. Simms was very displeased and spent much time going over how many assignments Will had just blown off and not done. Will, during the meeting calmly nodded and pretended like he was paying attention. After a while Mr. Simms got tired of talking to Will, since he was clearly not paying attention and let him go. Will reached the crumbling brick building, ducked down an alley by the side of it, neatly missing the collapsed front entrance, and wormed his way through the partly open rusted fire door the club used as an entrance.

He walked down the dusty, uneven floors that formed the long disused staff rooms of the old theater, and got to the old break room. Here, employees used to long and buy drinks and snacks on their breaks. Now, it was their club room, and Will's friends, Mark, Glenn, Roger, and Carson were there, playing a popular card game. They looked up from it to see him walk in and greeted him warmly. Will said his hellos, and sat down beside Carson, He was going to help Carson win until he could be dealt in. He proceeded to do just that, and, after winning 20 cents off everybody, decided he better get going. The others agreed, and they all went out, walking to their respective homes. Will whistled merrily all the way back to Angelic Healing Center for Children, where he was staying presently.

That night was uneventful, besides one of the younger children having another nightmare and screaming and wetting the bed.

 The next morning, Will was on his way to school, walking calmly and slowly towards it, totally ignoring the fact that it was now 8:30 am and school started at 7:00 am. He looked around at the small town as he did so, searching for any excuse to make himself more late. He was walking past the theater, when he noticed an odd man standing across the street in front of the now closed arcade. This man had either escaped from the asylum, or was only a short mental point away from there, as he was wearing a black top hat, glittery read shirt covered by a horribly glittery dark purple vest, even more glittery blue pants and loud green shoes. Will, sensing an opportunity to dawdle, crossed the street towards the man, hoping that he could convince the man that he needed will to show him around town, as the man had clearly not been here before. There had been no news about a man wearing a bright pink top hat, black shirt that somehow still glittered, covered by an atrociously pink vest and lime-green pants with red shoes. As Will approached, the man noticed Will, and pointed and blathered utter nonsense to himself. Will hesitated, but the strange man, now that Will was on his side of the street, walked towards hims and stood uncomfortably close to Will, even though the street and sidewalks were almost empty. He reached Will, stuck out his hand, and said in an outrageously annoying voice, "Well, well, well, look, look, look what we have, have, have, here! Will! Will! So nice to meet you finally! I trust you got my present for your birthday? eh, eh, eh??? You know, know, it was a dark purple box marked "Do not Open". Surely, surely, you remember?" Will, being whipped around by this man's strange speech patterns, remembered back to his recent 18th birthday and remembered a bright blue box marked "Open Me First!" followed by at least ten exclamation marks, which had contained a simple dark green cube that did nothing and looked utterly ordinary for the bow it was in. Will had simply chucked it at a dusty corner and promptly not missed it. The strange man, hearing this could not have this done to his precious present. It was important to everything that Will keep that present around at all times! Telling Will this, He grabbed Will, and took off towards Will's place, moving at a speed walking that a normal human would have had trouble keeping up with running, and that only after training for it! Poor Will, who had not trained to run was dragged along, failing to keep his feet under him, so that, when they finally reached the Angelic Healing Center for Children, he was battered, bruised, scraped and cut along several places on his body.

The Strange Man, not even bothering to give the locked door a second glance, walked straight through it, not slowing down at all as he calmly shattered the door into two pieces. He paused momentarily, to get his bearings, then walzed off once more, going on a more-or-less straight line towards Will's room, still dragging Will along, who was no longer trying to stand, and getting a carpet burn on top of his other injuries because of that.

The Strange Man, who was now wearing a Bright blue top hat, a glittery rainbow shirt covered by a outrageously flamboyant glittery red vest, macaroni-and-cheese pants and teal shoes, finally reached Will's door and reached out to open it.

**What happens next? Does poor Will ever recover from his injuries? Does the Strange Man ever have a name? When will the Strange Man's clothes stop shifting colors? What about the forgotten simple cube? **

**Note: Since stress is such a rampant disease, you may note a few facts that are utterly irrelevant to the story:   ::The club that Will is late for consists of four boys and one girl.  ::The theater still has working vending machines, though they are long empty.   ::When Will crossed the street to The Strange Man, there were precisely two vehicles on the street. One was a truck.   ::The Door to the Center that The Strange Man walked right through was made out of plywood.

**Note: Now a few slightly relevant facts about the story:   ::The Box that Will's present came in had another tag on it, though he did not mention it.   ::Will's injuries are not severe.   ::The Angelic Healing Center's pipes always get blocked up. They are currently so, which means no one staying there gets any water to drink. The Center is also broke(monetarily).

**Trivia:

How many colors has The Strang Man's top hat turned?

How about his shirt?

What kind of door did Will use to gain entrance to the Theater?

What subject does Mr. Simms teach?

© 2009 Reaverblade


Author's Note

Reaverblade
A five year old could probably write a better story. Ignore everything that is not spelling.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The more you talk negativly about yourself the worse your writing gets. Stay positive. You wrote a great story. Wil''s character is well developed. Great job on voice and mood.

Posted 14 Years Ago


You shouldn't demean yourself like that... you wrote a very good story and should be proud of it. I enjoyed reading it, thanks for sharing it with me.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

405 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 14, 2009
Last Updated on April 16, 2009
Previous Versions

Author

Reaverblade
Reaverblade

Kevil, KY



About
Reaverblade lives in the country, approxiamtely 20 miles from a city that shows on the map, even in Google (unless you zoom in so much the satellite touches the ground). Anyway, I like writing vario.. more..

Writing