Sylvaine's Farewell

Sylvaine's Farewell

A Story by Reavir
"

This is the letter my D&D character wrote to say goodbye to her group. 23 November 2022

"
My dear friends,

I cannot thank you enough for your assistance rescuing my beloved sister. She is the only family I have left. I will be forever grateful and in your debt.

Alas, I can no longer wait for your return from the mines. While acclimating to her new state of undeath and with her memories returning, my sister recalled that Emman suffered a terrifying vision. The mountains were sundered, the oceans boiled, and the skies blazed with fire. Amongst it all, a shadowed figure with sigils arrayed about their head, laughing... laughing as the world broke around them.

I cannot yet say who this figure is, but I intend to find out and stop them before this vision can come to pass.

We need allies. Ones who will watch, ones who will obscure, and ones who will fight. This is the only way we can take down such a pervasive rot that has spread across our beloved lands. The Anchorites of Talos and their allies must be stopped. The reunion of Abeir and Toril must not come to pass.

I depart for Candlekeep. There, I can make alliances with contacts who share our goal. Those sigils in the vision must be a clue. The tomes and contacts of Candlekeep can help me unravel these mysteries, I'm certain of it.

Your path takes you to Dragon-barrow. You must be there on the first night of the winter solstice. You must be there to stop the cataclysmic reunion of Ranginui and Papatuanuku.

My friends. I cannot know if I will see you again. But I can hope, pray for your safety, and trust that the Goddess will see us reunited when the time is right.

Xander... Seeing Garaele come to terms with her own undeath has impressed upon me the strength, courage, and determination you have brought to bear against what I can only assume to be an unimaginable horror. I hope that you will come to acceptance in time, and with luck, you may even come to relish your second change at life. Know that you remain in my thoughts and I will search for what information I can that may ease your mind and aid your recovery. I may even know how to undo this state and restore both you and Garaele to life... We will see if my suspicions prove correct.

I will send word of whatever I find that might aid you, and will instruct our allies to assist you wherever you may cross paths.

Until we meet again... Ishnu-alah, tor ilisar'thera'nal!

Sylvaine

© 2022 Reavir


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on December 8, 2022
Last Updated on December 8, 2022
Tags: dungeons and dragons, letter

Author

Reavir
Reavir

Wellington, New Zealand



About
A place to collect various writings that pop into my brain. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Reavir


Haiku #9 Haiku #9

A Poem by Reavir


Haiku #8 Haiku #8

A Poem by Reavir