Didn't Know

Didn't Know

A Poem by natalie
"

for the real one out there

"

I didn't know her. I didn't know her at all. I only knew her name.

 

I stole her identity without a second thought.

 

Was that so wrong? It didn't feel wrong. It felt right in absolution.

 

She was open, like a book, and I the reader, was waiting to be swallowed into her world. It was a young, undeveloped world, with fresh fears and excitement, and wonder.

 

I took all of it. Greedily I plunged into it.

 

I didn't feel like a liar, though I suppose that's what I was. I felt like....a new person. A different person.

 

Was I deceiving those I met in this world? By claiming to be her, an entirely different being, an entity as foreign to me as the vast and strange universe beyond earth?

 

I dared not answer my questions.

 

And suddenly it didn't feel foreign at all.

 

And then I did something my other self would never have done........I prayed to God.

© 2009 natalie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"And then I did something my other self would never have done........I prayed to God."
Wow... great ending. Took me by surprise. This was very unique and I liked the voice in it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nice piece here. It had the twists and turns which kept me reading. I like that you took a very serious subject from a different point of view. Identity theft is hardly ever though of from the thief's perspective. This piece made me think. NIce work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 4, 2009
Last Updated on December 10, 2009

Author

natalie
natalie

About
i write so weird! lol! more..

Writing
Revenge Revenge

A Poem by natalie


The soldier The soldier

A Poem by natalie