Unfinished business

Unfinished business

A Story by Beck Louise

There is only darkness now. I sniff, the cold of the room making my nose run. I strain my eyes, trying in vain to see through the dark for even the outline of anything in the room. I hate sleeping in new rooms. There's something oddly unsettling about finding yourself blinded in a place you're not familiar with. You almost feel vulnerable. I turn around to face the wall, cuddling the duvet back into me, trying to relax myself. That's when it happens. I feel a coldness on my shoulder, and unnerving, horrible eerie coldness. It's no breeze, this is something else. I jump up, nearly collapsing onto the floor in my panicked attempt to find the light switch. My stomach is horribly aching as I look around the room, searching every corner, but seeing nothing.
 I don't think I'll ever really figure out who or what it was that touched me that night, but I think deep down, I'd rather not know. One thing I do know, someone tried to contact me, there was something they had to say, something they hadn't been given the time to say themselves. Maybe there is such a thing as spirits left behind with unfinished business. It makes me wonder just how many lost souls there are wandering this earth, trying to find anyone to help them finish what didn't get the chance to. 

© 2012 Beck Louise


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow you really caught my attention with the first sentence! it was amazing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


An excellent beginning!thankyou for the read request! ^.^

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow! That was intense, well said, and amazing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very powerful descriptions. I could really feel what the narrator was feeling, as cliche as that sounds.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh my gosh, this is gripping. I think the very first sentence brings the reader in. It is short. It is gripping. I would go with short, direct sentences in the first half until "I feel a coldness.." It adds to the suspense. It makes my heartbeat faster anticipating something is in the room. You could have fun turning this into a sci-fi kind of story.
Wonderful!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was an interesting write. An odd cccurance in the middle of the night.
The 'supernatural' in the world are something all fear and get all excited about. great job at capturing the fear part, and yes spirits probably are like that haha :) nice job

Posted 11 Years Ago


"My stomach is horribly aching as I look..." my 2 cents is probably unwanted buuuut.... I think it would be smoother if you wrote 'aching horribly' instead. But regardless of your wording, this was great. I really enjoyed it. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was a good read. I've often thought of spirits whenevever this had happened to me in the past.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 8, 2012
Last Updated on July 8, 2012

Author

Beck Louise
Beck Louise

United Kingdom



About
I'm Beck. I'm a writer focusing on women's fictions, drama, and historical romance. I am active on this platform again as of March 2023, so please send any read requests and I will make sure I ge.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


We are We are

A Poem by Beck Louise


Nonsense Nonsense

A Poem by The Scholar