Fitting

Fitting

A Story by Claire
"

A story of a girl with an eating disorder.

"

You want to fit into the size zero jeans, and you want the sun to shine through your thighs. You look at yourself in the mirror, and can’t help but look away. Standing there in your underwear, you want to cry. You see how your hipbones are hidden, and your thighs touch like the ocean to the sand. You cry at your stomach, and how it isn’t as flat as your floorboards. 

Just a few more pounds.” 

You lie to yourself. And before you know it, a few has turned into one too many, and you’re stuck in a routine you can’t escape. Your hip bones are finally showing, but so is your spine, and they are now frail; your once beautiful rosy cheeks have lost all color. You finally have that thigh gap, but you still don’t feel pretty. 

"Just a few more pounds, maybe." 

You never saw how lovely your eyes looked in the sunlight, or how your hair brushed against your face perfectly, or how even though your thighs touched, they still took you places and touched as lightly as I would like to touch your hand. And your stomach was fine, and your smile was the brightest, and you didn’t need makeup to show off your eyes. You wanted so badly to be beautiful, but maybe it was my fault for not telling you sooner.

© 2013 Claire


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This amazing and so true. Many females can relate to this. this is an amazing piece!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I'm sure female can relate to a poem like this. I like the last verse the most. It just ties everything together. Goooood job! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Would like to read more! if you think about it, that is a complement! Keep writing.

Two tips: rejoin under a different name, use this for all work you publish, and use an avatar instead of your own picture.

Be safe and keep up the good work

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 18, 2013
Last Updated on April 18, 2013
Tags: eating disorder, anorexia, bulimia, love, skinny, creative writing, friends, depression, challenge

Author

Claire
Claire

About
I'm a 15-year-old just trying to get by. more..

Writing