The Wanderer: Loneliness

The Wanderer: Loneliness

A Story by Red Diamond Crew
"

A segment that is used in the original short, The Wanderer which was written by RDC. The film's release date is estimated at September of 2015.

"

Loneliness.

Some people think it’s a bad thing that brings on sadness or depression, but it’s not. Loneliness is a gift in life. Always people are surrounded by distractions in the world. When you’re alone, only you and your thoughts matter. The world opens up when you don’t have anything to worry about. You see beauty in things you have never noticed before. Colors seem brighter, the sun warmer and the breeze cooler.  No one to oppose you, no watchful eye judging your every move and weight lifted from you. The weight of checking yourself to make sure you look good to others. You’re never self-conscious when nobody is looking. You don’t care if you suck at singing, you belt your favorite lyrics at the top of your lungs for everyone to hear, even though there is no one there, and that’s alright because you have yourself. Your mind wanders looking for things it couldn’t find before because they were blocked by other temptations and you find yourself. Desires you’ve wanted to fulfill and you can knowing nobody can judge you. You’ll find yourself dancing around your room to a song in a language you can’t even recognize. Everyone is alone at one point in their life, don’t waste it. Take it as a gift, not a curse. Only when you’re alone do you realize how crisp the air smells, how the sounds of nature mix into life. You no longer have to worry about if the person you like likes you back, or how many likes your profile picture has gotten. You can finally enjoy life for all its worth and then, you can come back. Rejoin reality because really, you are never alone. But remember the time that you spent thinking over life. Keep it in the most foreground of your mind so whenever you start to go downhill, when you start to feel alone you can be happy about it. Realize that this happening is the entrance to a tunnel, a tunnel that may be long and dark, but with your loneliness you can light the way, torch in the never ending dark. You will find others, people that are stuck, unable to light their own way and you must stop. Because we are never really alone, when we have each other.

© 2015 Red Diamond Crew


Author's Note

Red Diamond Crew
This was originally written as its own piece and was later integrated into "The Wanderer", a short film by the same author.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on July 17, 2015
Last Updated on July 17, 2015
Tags: short, film, Loneliness, wanderer, drama, writing

Author

Red Diamond Crew
Red Diamond Crew

Toronto, Canada



About
A group of amateur writers who create, film, and act in short films for YouTube. These are the works of these writers identified by their own signature. Thanks for stopping by, RDC https://www.fa.. more..

Writing