I wont break

I wont break

A Story by Amber Kelleher
"

I am not done with the story so this is to be determined

"

Chapter 1: Red’s P.O.V


It’s near the end of summer and i’m hanging out with my best friend Mason. He has brown hair that goes over the right side of his forehead and partially over his right eye. He has stunning dark blue eyes and an adorable smile.

No, I don’t like him as more than a friend, it’s just that we have been friends ever since we were three so we're really close and say stuff like that about each other.

“MASON, RED. CAN YOU TWO COME DOWN HERE FOR A SECOND.” My mom called. Me and Mason stood up and ran down stairs and into the living room to see my mom sitting on the couch. She is looking down and she seems very worried.

“Yes Mom?” I ask with a smile on my face. She jumps a little as she looks at me and Mason. She looks like she’s about to cry.

“What’s wrong?” Mason asked. A little bit of worry in his voice. Mason is always over. He’s like a brother and we always act like siblings!

“Please sit down.” She said gesturing to the couch across from her as a tear escaped her eyes. Me and Mason look at each other. Worry clear in our expressions and sit down on the couch across from her.

“What’s going on?” Me and Mason asked in unison.

“Red. Y-your father, Dillon, h-he got in a car crash on his w-way home a-and he. He…” By now my mom was crying really hard and I was about to. I look at Mason and I think he is about to cry to.

“He died.” My mom said bluntly. Tears started streaming down my face and Mason pulled me into a hug as a few tears fell from his eyes.

“And w-we have to m-move Red.” My mom said, tears still streaming down her face. I started crying harder as Mason’s grip got tighter around me. I buried my face in his chest as I felt tears hitting the top of my head.

“That is all.” My mom said a little more calmly as I cried even harder.

Mason’s grip around me loosened as I heard him crying. I slightly got up and walked up stairs, head drooping down and tears streaming down my face faster by the minute as Mason slowly walked behind me.

We got to my room and I sat on my bed, my back against the wall, quietly sobbing.

“Red?” Mason asks. I look up at him and see him wiping the tears off his face.

“Y-yeah” I said as I looked at him, tears streaming down my face faster as I try to wipe them away, but they just keep coming out.

“What happens now? Your moving.” He said as tears fill his eyes, but he won’t let them fall.

“I-i don’t know,” I replied blankly. “I don’t even understand why I have to m-move.” Tears streamed down my face faster and faster as I looked at Mason. The word ‘move’ sticking to me, as if it’s trying to get into me so it can just YANK my heart out.

“I don’t know, but we should try to hang out as much as possible in the time we have left together.” He said. The tears streaming down my face slowed down a little. I wiped them away and out of my eyes.

“I would like that.” I smiled. Mason smiled widely making my small smile grow bigger. He leaned into me and wrapped his arms around me, giving me a hug. I hugged back as tears filled my eyes again, but I won’t let them escape. I need to stay strong.

It’s what dad would have wanted.

“Staying strong?” Mason questioned. I jump back a little bit and look at him with a confused expression and wiping the tears out of my eyes.

“Staying strong. Is that what you mean by ‘that’s what dad would have wanted’?” He asked with a small smile on his face.

“Are you reading my mind or something?” I asked and faked a laugh, trying to brush off the pain in my heart.

“Red. I can tell that that laugh was fake. And no, i’m not reading your mind. You were thinking out loud again.” He said, his smile fading and his voice changing to a serious tone.

“Oops. And, Y-yeah. I need to stay strong for him.” I said as I scratched the back of my neck and looked down.

“He’ll be very proud of you Red.” Mason said to me as he gave me a reassuring smile. I looked up at Mason and gave him a weak smile knowing he’s right as a few tears escape my eyes again.

“You know what this kind of reminds me of?” I ask Mason with a small smile on my face as I laugh a little bit.

“Dad’s song by set it off?” Mason answered in a questioning tone. I nod my head yes and laugh a little bit more.

“Again with the references.” Mason says as he joins me in laughing. This just makes me laugh even harder as tears prick the brims of my eyes.

“I’m really, really, really gonna miss you.” I sang to the tune of the line ‘I really, really, really want to know you’ from the song Bleak December by Set It Off. Mason just burst into laughter as I soon joined him. Tears started running down my face as I clench my stomach from laughing so hard.

“I-It….H-hur-hurts.” Mason managed to stutter out in between laughs. All I was able to do was nod because at this point I can’t breath.

After a few more minutes I start to take really heavy breaths trying to catch my breath. I can’t hear anything and my stomach really hurts along with the fact that everything is really blurry because because of me crying. The room is spinning and I start to see a little bit. I see thirteen octopi swinging from the ceiling carrying two mermen each, eight, twenty legged fish walking around with a narwhal-sloth-squirrel hybrid, and a blobfish conversing with Makoto Raiku. Man is that blobfish lucky. I try to get up but when I do a giant panda engulfs me in a tight hug and I fall into darkness.

My eyes flutter open only for me to be face-to-face with Mason. He lets out a sigh of relief and backs up.

“What happened? Last thing I remember is we were laughing about something and then I started to see thirteen octopi swinging from the ceiling carrying two mermen each, eight, twenty legged fish walking around with a narwhal-sloth-squirrel hybrid, and a blobfish conversing with Makoto Raiku. I tried to get up but when I did a giant panda engulfs me in a tight hug” I asked in a curious tone.

“You passed out.” Mason chuckled, “And I guess you also had a few hallucinations.”

“Yeah I guess so.” I said as I let out a small laugh.

“Well it’s getting late i’m gonna get heading home. See you at school tomorrow Red.” Mason stated. He walked out the door and I instantly dived for my book ‘The wake up call’ that I’m almost done with. I love it so much.

It’s about this girl named Renee who has amnesia and wakes up in alleyway because of three men shaking her violently. They ask her why she was here and she bluntly states that she has no clue why, where, or who she is. They take this to their advantage and tell her that there her older siblings and they get her to help them beat some bad guys. At the point I am now, she knows the truth but she doesn't mind that they lied because it was to save humanity. But what she doesn't know is that the three guys only stopped the bad guys so the three guys can destroy humanity themselves and take over earth as there own planet because there actually aliens. They need a human to help them do it but they don’t think Renee will be willing to after she found out about the fact that they tricked her and lied to her about being her family. I open my book to the last page. Because that’s where I ended last time and I was so mad.

‘“Man it’s nice to be home and know my REAL family again” Renee said to herself as she flopped down onto her bed. It’s been one heck of a year for her with all this saving humanity stuff. Then Renee’s phone started ringing. She picks up and the voice on the other end says “We need your help again” then hangs up.’
I slam the book shut and through the hardcover book at the wall causing a loud bang.

“NO

!” I scream really loud to a point where the whole neighborhood could probably hear me. I bring my knees to my chest and wrap my arms around them causing me to be curled up in a ball as I start rocking back and forth crying, quietly whispering to myself ‘why’ over and over again.  


Chapter 2: Mason’s P.O.V

I was walking home and I was just about to reach my door sense I live right next to Red when I hear someone scream ‘NO’ extending the ‘O’. The scream was probably loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear it. I quickly ran back to Red’s house and knocked on the door. When the door opened I was greeted by Mary. Red’s mom.

“She’s in her room.” Mary said as she opened the door wider, letting me in. I quickly ran upstairs as I yelled thank you to Red’s mom. I ran into Red’s room to see a book on the floor by the door and she was curled up in a ball sobbing, rocking back and forth quietly whispering something to herself repeatedly. Her beautiful crimson red hair with black tips bouncing on her shoulders, and her gorgeous dark green eyes staring at the wall and yes, I do have a crush on her. How could I not. Me and her have been friends since we were three.

“What’s wrong Red? Did another fictional character die in one of your books? Did your ship sink?” I finally asked her as I sat down next to her. Her crying died down a bit and she stopped rocking and looked up at me sorrowfully.

“DANIEL, RAY, AND TAYLOR ARE GONNA KILL RENEE AND THE REST OF HUMANITY!”Red yelled as she literally rolled off of her bed and crawled over to her book and clutched it to her chest with one arm as she was stroking it with the other. I quickly brought out my phone to record this.

I’m sorry I hurt you. I didn't mean to I was just mad at Daniel, Ray and Taylor. Renee, I know you're also in there and I swear to god, if you get hurt or die I will hunt down those three jerks and murder them with my bare hands. They will wish that Harper Renolds never made them up. She creepily whispered to her book as she kept stroking it. I ended the recording on my phone. I’ll show it to her tomorrow. I’ll delete it if she wants and I obviously won’t show anyone else without her permission, but I kind of want to send it to the author of the book.

“Red?” I hesitantly ask, trying to get her attention. She hisses at me and clutches the book tighter to her chest.

“Your are not getting this book” She barked. She is getting way to possessive over her books.

“What? I was never planning on tak-” I stated but was cut off.

“Save it. I know you were always jealous of my relationship with my books” She snapped at me. I just chuckled.

“Whatever you say.” I laughed and playfully rolled my eyes and walked out of her bedroom. I walked down stairs to see Mrs. Luna sitting on the couch.

“So what happened this time?” She asked me.

“Something about that book by Harper Renolds.” I stated.

“Of course.” Mrs. Luna said playfully.

“Well I should get going. Bye.” I said as I started to walk towards the door.

“Bye Mason.” Mrs. Luna replied. And with that I left.

When I got back home I walked in to see my mom and dad sitting at the kitchen table with big smiles on their faces.

“Hey mom! Hey dad!” I say as I walk to the kitchen.

“Hi Mason!” My mom exclaims happily.

“Hello son!” My dad says excitedly.

“Are you guys ok? You guys seem really excited.” I said in a confused tone.

“Yeah. But we have a surprise for you and Red tomorrow.” My mother said in a very peppy tone.

“We will head over there in the morning since this was also planned with Mary.” My dad exclaimed.

“Ok.” I said as I opened the fridge and grabbed a cherry coke and walked up to my room.

When I get to my room I flop on my bed, my body hitting a soft surface, and my face hitting my pillow. I flip over and sit up leaning my back against the wall. I opened my soda as thoughts of what my parents and Mrs. Luna wanted to tell me and Red. I took a sip of my soda and the feeling of the cold drink sliding down my throat felt really good.

What kind of surprise?’ is the only thing that can run through my mind right now. I’m really curious to know what it is now. It could be anything. By there expressions it seems like it’s going to be something good. I set my soda down on the nightstand by my bed and lay down. I feel my eyelids getting heavy. I close my eyes and sleep takes me over.

Chapter 3: Red’s P.O.V

About ten minutes after Mason leaves I leaves I laugh at myself a little bit just realizing what I did. I stand up and put my book away in the shelf in it’s place, since I have my books organized like a little library.

I walk over to my bed and sit down, leaning my back against the wall contemplating what just happened. I reach over to my night stand feeling around not looking at it. I finally find my phone, laptop and new headphones. I look at my headphones and Smile as I examine them. They are a pair of undertale headphones. They have black padding on the top with ‘undertale’ written on the top. There was a picture of ‘bad time sans’ were his left eye is glowing blue and the other one is pitch black. “I love that punny skeleton!”I giggle to myself. The other side is a fan made version of papyrus. It’s a bad time papyrus, his right eye flashing red and his left eye pitch back.”Another amazing skeleton, what a cool dude.” I giggle to myself again. I put on the headphones and they are really snug and comfy. I go onto youtube on my phone as I plug the headphone cord into the headphone jack on my phone, hearing a faint click when it is fully put in. I scroll through my youtube playlists that I made, looking for which music playlist I want to listen to. Theres Set It Off, Black Veil Brides, Get Scared, Pierce the Veil, Asking Alexandria, and Nightcore. I decide to listen to Nightcore because it consists of some of my favorite songs. As the music is playing I go to a writing club website, where every week they put up a new prompt for the weekly challenge which I haven't done yet today. When I open the website I go to the ‘weekly challenge’ section and read the prompt for today. “Your main character wakes up one morning to see that everyone else in the house is still asleep, and won’t wake up. Only it’s not just his/hers house: it’s the entire world. He/She decides to hop online and see if anyone else is awake. He/She finds one post, titled ‘Anyone else Awake?’. It has three comments.” I read outloud. So one post, the main character at the beginning of the story, and three comments. “Ok, so I need at least three people, no more than five unless I add more later, which I probably wont. I think I’m going to go with five people.” I mumble to myself as I move my cursor so it’s hovering over the typing space and click it as the song changes to Wolf in Sheep's clothing by set it off. I start humming a little as I start to type on my computer.


I slowly open my eyes, only to see a bright light. I hiss at the light and pull my covers over my head. “Why does the sun have to be so bright” I whisper to myself as I crawl to the end of the bed by the door. I quickly get out of my room to be greeted by the dark hallway. I feel my lips curve up a bit and I walk into the kitchen and eat breakfast. “Thank you for turning all the lights off in the house Mom.” I whisper again. She’s still asleep. So is my Dad and my twin brother Alex. I turn on the kitchen light and let my eyes adjust to the brightness. I decide to make bacon pancakes for breakfast. “Bacon Pancakes

Making Bacon Pancakes.

Take some bacon and I'll put it in a pancake.

Bacon Pancakes That's what it’s gonna make

Bacon Pancakes” I sing as I try my hardest to do an impression of Jake the Dog from adventure time. After I finish I remember that both of my parents had to stay the night at their work last night because there was some party thing.

I go to wake up Alex. I bang my fist on his door yelling his name. This always wakes him up. I wait for about a minute and he doesn't come out. I bang on the door again, but I don't yell his name and I put my ear to the door to see if I can hear him. Nothing. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest as I quickly open his door and run in. I see him laying in bed. Sound asleep. I start to lightly shake him to try and wake him up but he doesn't wake up. I start to shake him violently as tears start to form in my eyes. “Please wake up” I whisper as I stop shaking him and cry. I can hear him breathing so he is still alive. I should call my parents and tell them what’s going on. I pick up my phone and type in my mom’s number as my hand shakes. I pull the phone up to my ear. It rings a few times then goes to voicemail. I hang up and try my dad but the same thing happens. I run out of my house over to my friends Sammy and Jack. I knock on their door, the tears falling down my face slowing down until they stop. No answer. I knock again but I knock harder. Still no answer. I grab the spare key from under the welcome map and unlock the door. I put the key back and run inside and into Sammy’s room. I see her asleep and start to shake her. She won’t wake up. I run over to Jack’s room. He is also asleep. I try shaking him but he doesn't wake up either. I give up and walk out, heading down town. The sound of the cars rushing by always soothes me for some reason. When I  reach the block away from downtown I stop. I can usually hear the cars by now. I start to run downtown to see people passed out on the sidewalks, in stores, and even in cars. I cover my ears purposefully let out an ear-piercing scream hoping someone might wake up. Absolutely nothing. I go onto my phone to check and see if anyone else around the world is up. I see a post on tumblr that is titled “Is anyone else up?” I click on the post and see that it has three comments. I look at the comments and see that it’s three different people. So that means there are four other people awake right now. I look at the username of the person that posted it. It read ‘danisnotonfire’ I squealed a little. Dan is a youtuber, not a popular one, he has about 200 subscribers, but he is my favorite. I look at the comments and there usernames. The first comment reads ‘Yeah I’m up. What the heck is going on? Why won’t anyone else wake up?’ the username was GeorgeGelostic. Interesting name. The next comment was from BailyBeagal. The comment said ‘Yeah. Glad some other people are up to.’ the last comment was from Noahisnotanark. His comment is ‘I’m up, but I have a bad feeling I won’t want to be.’ I decide to comment as well. ‘I’m up as well. Should we do something about this?’ I instantly got replies. They were all the same. They all read ‘ALEX?!?!’ I replied to them ‘Yes?’ Then I heard yelling and I turned around to see four people running towards me when I instantly recognised them. It was my childhood friends that I haven't seen in years. Then a memory popped in my head, ‘i’m childhood bestfriends with Dan Howell’ Noah and Bailey run up to me and engulf me in a hug as George and Dan walk up to us laughing a bit. Dan and George then join us in the hug. I hear a lot of voices around me. I break free from the hug to see everyone awake.


I stop the story there and revise and edit. I really hope I can win this weeks challenge. I've never won before. But, I have only been on it for a month so I’ve only done about four challenges. I take a deep breath as I hit the submit button. The song ‘The devil within by Digital Daggers’ comes on through my headphones and I start to sing. After that song ends, the song ‘Monster by sick puppies’ comes on, and because it has a loud beginning I quickly take off my headphones and throw them down on the bed. I get startled way to easily. I decide to get some sleep. I turn off my phone and take out the headphones, putting them back on my nightstand. I plug my phone in so it can charge and turn off my bedroom lights and get snug under the covers. Letting sleep take over my body.

Chapter 4: Mason’s P.O.V

I wake up to the sound of someone yelling my name. I groan and stand up. When I stand up I instantly fall to the ground. I crawl to the door using the doorknob to help me stand back up. Once I stand up and get my balance back I walk down stairs and sit on the couch. I hear a few giggles behind me.

“Glad you could make it.” I heard my Mom’s sweet, caring voice say from behind me.

“By the way. There was a change of plan’s. The Luna’s are coming over here.” I heard my Dad say. I turn my head around to look at my parents, but instead I see red standing in corner with her hand over her mouth, trying not to laugh.

“What’s so funny?” I ask her with a slight blush on my face. She walks up to me and starts to mess with my hair.

“Your hair was a mess.” She giggles out as she sits next to me. I blush deeper and turn my head to the side so I’m looking at her again. She smiles brightly at me and pokes my cheek, giggling a bit again. I put my hand to the cheek she poked to feel it heated up. I feel them heat up a bit more and I laugh a little.

“You blush too much.” She laughed a bit as she said that. I sighed and looked down at the floor.

“I know.” I said as I looked back up at her and laughed. I could feel my heated cheeks cooling down a little bit at a time.

“Are you two ready for your surprise?” I heard Mary’s voice ring from the kitchen.

“YAS” Red yelled as she literally Jumped off of the couch and ran to the kitchen. I chuckled and stood up and walked into the kitchen. I saw my parents and Red’s mom looking at me and Red with a big smile on there faces. I looked over at Red to see a big smile also plastered on her face. I can feel my mouth curving up into a huge smile.

“So whats our surprise?” Red asked in a giddy and impatient way.

“Well.” Red’s mom starts.

“Both of our families are going to move now.” My mom finished.

“REALLY?!” Red and I yelled in unison.

“Yup!” My dad said excitedly. “We already found two really nice houses right next to each other.”

“Where are we moving to?” I ask.

“Rhode Island” Red’s mom says.

“YES!” Red yells excitedly. I laugh a little bit, even though I don’t understand why that makes her so happy.

“You two can go hang out now! That’s all!” My mother exclaims, still as happy as before. Red and I run upstairs into my room. Red jumps on my bed, sitting down with her knees pulled up against her chest and her arms wrapped around her legs. She looks up at me and smiles brightly. I can’t help but blush. She’s acting like a little kid and it’s adorable.

“Why are you so excited about the fact that we're moving to Rhode Island?” I ask her as I sit down next to her.

“Family Guy” She says as she laughs. I laugh as well.

“Oh yeah” I say laughing a little harder. “Oh and I wanted to show you something.” I pull out my phone and pull up the video I took of her last night.

She tilts her head to the side a little bit once I hand her my phone. She presses the play button and watches the video. She starts to laugh when she see’s how she was acting. When the video ends she looks up at me, smiling and laughing.

“You jerk” She laughs out as she playfully punches me in the arm handing me my phone back. I just laugh.

“I was thinking about sending the video to the author of that book. I thought would be hilarious, but I won’t do it if you don’t want me to.” I said as I laughed again.

“I don’t care. Honestly, I think that would be hilarious as well.” She exclaimed happily.

“Ok. I’ll email it later. Do you want to listen to some music?” I ask her. She nods her head excitedly. I laugh and open my closet door, pulling out my speaker. I plug it into my laptop and turn on the youtube playlist we made with a lot of our favorite songs. I hit the shuffle button so it will just randomly play a song and first was ‘Little Do You Know by Alex and Sierra; We started to sing the song, me singing Alex’s part and she was singing Sierra’s part. It was really fun. The next song to come on was ‘headphones by Britt Nicole’ came on and Red started singing her heart on, and because it was the nightcore version it was really funny to hear her try to sing in a high pitch voice and hear her voice crack when she did. As she was still trying to sing the high pitched song I was sitting on my bed laughing. When the song ended she sat next to me.

“Shutup” She pouted.

“I didn't say anything.” I said, still laughing.
“I know you want to.” She said like a little kid.

“True.” I exclaimed as I stop laughing a little, but a big smile still plastered on my face.

She looks up from the bed at me and smiles and starts laughing. She stands up and runs out of the room and down the stairs. Should I follow her? No, she’s probably just grabbing her bag that she always has with her. A few seconds later she runs back through the door carrying her bag. She has a smirk on her face. What is she up to this time? She sits on the bed with her bag in front of her. She starts rummaging through it and I hear a popping noise. She keeps looking through her bag and I hear another popping noise. She looks up at me with an evil look at her face.

“Should I be scared.” I ask her, but she doesn't reply. She just keeps looking at me as a scared expression spreads across my face. She instantly pulls her hands out of her bag with something in each hand. She starts spraying something on me. I scream when she does. She starts laughing as she stopped. I get a closer look at the cans and there whipped cream.

“Wha-” But before I can finish she cuts me off by spraying more one me. I snatch one of the cans from her and start to spray her. She screams a little and we start to laugh as we spray each other with whipped cream. I see her try to spray the more but nothing comes out. I laugh as she throws the can across the room. I look at her and spay the rest of the whipped cream in my can on the top of her head and on her face as she screams and laughs. As my can runs out, my bedroom door opens. I see my Mom and Red’s Mom standing there looking worried.

“What happened. We heard screaming.” Red’s mom says worriedly.

Red turns around and now we were both facing our Moms. Our Moms laugh and walk out of the room.

I laugh and bring my hand up to my face and wipe off the whipped cream. Red starts wipe it off of her face with her fingers and eats it. She looks at me and laughs a little.

“What? Do I still have some on my face?” I ask her. She nods and wipes some whipped cream off of my nose with her thumb. I laugh and blush a little bit. She laughs as well.

“Oh, and you forgot the whipped cream on the top of your head.” I say and laugh a little harder. She puts her hands on the top of her head and grabs the big pile of whipped cream and pulls it off of her head and looks at the pile in her hands. She looks at me and smirks.

“NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.” I yell repeatedly as she starts to throw it in my face. I try to put my hands up to my face to black the whipped cream from hitting it, but I was to slow. The foamy, cold substance dripping down my face. I wipe it off my face and give her a playful glare. She smiles brightly and laughs really hard. She then stops laughing and stands up, walking over to my laptop. Oh yeah, the music is on. I completely forgot about that. She was about turn it off but the song switched to ‘I fell in love with my best friend by Jason Chen’. I could feel my cheeks heat up. She quickly turned it off and turned around blushing madly. Is she ok? That’s not like her.

“D-do you want to take the train downtown today?” She said as she looked down. What’s up with her. She’s blushing, and she stuttered. That’s not like her to do stuff like that.

“Yeah sure. Um, are you ok? You're not really acting like yourself.” I reply to her.

“Y-yeah, I’m fine. Still a little shaken up about yesterday and I guess i’m just now showing it.” She replies to me as she looks up and forms a weak smile on her face. I return a small smile.

“It’s fine, that’s normal. Just know i’m here for you.” I say to her trying my best to comfort her.

“I know. Thank you.” She replies softly.

“Do you want to go now?” I ask her. She looks up at me with a bit of a bigger smile on her face as she laughs a little bit.

“We should probably clean up a bit first.” She laughs out. I smile and nod my head, grabbing a change of clothes and walking into the bathroom. I wash my face in the sink and get water on my hands to wet my hair so I can get the whipped cream out of my hair. Once it is out of my hair and off my face. I change into a light grey shirt that has a red guitar on it and says ‘If my music's too loud, then you're too old’ in black. I put on a pair of dark blue jeans, a black beanie, a small silver earring in my left ear, a silver skull necklace, and a pair of red vans. I walk out of the bathroom and into my room to see Red in a black shirt that has a little list written in white that says ‘fries, music, netflix, wattpad, music’, a light grey Set It Off jacket, Black leggings, a black beanie with the bottom part folded up and it says ‘My Main Language Is References’ in white text, and a pair of black vans with her black spike choker on and her silver skull earrings that matches the necklace i’m wearing.

“Ready?” She asks me as she grabs her black purse that has the Black Veil Brides symbol on it in Red. I nod my head and we walk down stairs.

“Where are you two going?” My dad asks us from the couch.

“Down town.” I simply respond.

“Ok. Be back by six for dinner.” He says, and with that me and Red walk out the door.

Chapter 5: Red’s P.O.V

Mason and I arrive at the train station and we have to wait for the train to show up.

“Want to get some coffee from Dunkin Donuts?” He asks me.

“Sure. Cus’ America runs on Dunkin.” I reply and laugh at my lameness. He laughs and we walk into Dunkin. It’s less busy than usual, there's no line and there's only three people. We walk up to the counter to get our coffee.

“Hey guys, the usual?” James, the manager of the store, asks us. We come here a lot.

“Yup.” Mason and I say in unison. James laughs at this.

“Ok. I’ll be right back with that.” James says as he walks to the back. James is nice and all, but I wouldn't necessarily call us friends. More acquaintances than anything. We have small talk sometimes, but that’s pretty much it.

“Here you go.” James says as he hand me and Mason our drinks.

“Thanks James. Sorry we can’t talk right now but our train should be here soon.” Mason says as he pays for the drinks.

“Ok, i’ll see you guys later.” James replies.

Me and Mason walk out the door and as expected the train pulls up to the station. The door opens and people start flowing off the train and on the train. Mason grabs my wrist and pulls me onto the train and I yelp a bit. He laughs and I do too as we look around for a two open seats next to each other. I feel his hand let go of my wrist and slip down to my hand and he pulls me a little so we start going faster. I can feel myself start blushing, but why? Do I like him? No, I’m just a little out of it from yesterday. At least I think that’s it.

“There’s a spot.” Mason says as he points to an open seat that seats two people.

When we reach the seat he lets go of my hand and sits down. I sit down next to him, still blushing.

“Are you Okay?” He asks as he puts the back of his hand on my forehead. ”You look like you're starting to burn up.”

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I say as I feel my cheeks heat up even more.

“Are you sure, you're really RED” He says, emphasising Red. I laugh and can feel my cheeks cooling down a bit.

“You’re so lame.” I say as I can feel my cheeks fully cool down.

“Yeah I know, But so are you.” He replies.

“True that.” I laugh as I take the first sip of my pumpkin iced coffee. This stuff is really good. I chug down the rest and I can hear Mason laughing. I take one final sip and put It down.

“Well that was faster than usual.” Mason says and laughs. I playfully roll my eyes at him.

“So what do you want to do when we get there?” I ask him. He smiles widely.

“Book store!” He exclaims excitedly.

YES!” I whisper yell. We high-five and laugh. I reach into my purse and pull out my earbuds and phone, plugging the earbuds into the headphone jack on my phone and give Mason one of the earbuds and put the other one in my ear. I go on youtube and put on the playlist we made together. When I do, the first song up is Catch fire by Jenix. Me and Mason start to lip sync to the song as we laugh. I can see some people staring at us out of the corner of my eye, but who cares. Mason and I are weird and i’ve learned to accept it. The song ends and the train pulls up to a stop and I hear the speaker say ‘Downtown Snowdin. I repeat, We have arrived in Downtown Snowdin’ in a muffled tone. I jump out of the seat and start to run to the exit of the train and I can hear the sound of Mason’s laugh behind me as he catches up to me. I walk off the train with Mason following behind me.

“Um, I forgot how to get to the bookstore.” I say to Mason as I scratch the back of my neck.

“Of course you did,” Mason Laughs “It’s this way” He points to the right and starts walking. I walk beside him and I feel him grab my hand again. I can feel the heat rising up in my cheeks again. Why am I blushing. We do this all the time. I only like him as a friend, right? Were best friends. Nothing more, nothing less, and that’s how I feel it should be. I don’t want us to be more than that. Do I? I don’t know I’ve never liked anyone. Ugh, this is confusing.

“RED!” I hear Mason yell and snap his fingers in front of my face, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Sorry.” I say shyly. He gives me a worried look and I look down at the ground.

“Don’t worry about it, but are you okay. You were spacing out for about three minutes.” He says in a worried tone. I look at him and give him a small smile.

“I’m fine. Now let’s go inside!” I say excitedly as I walk inside. When I get inside a big smile grows on my face and I run over to the Manga section. I start looking around at all of the Manga. Which one should I buy? I feel a hand on my shoulder and I jump a little and turn around. I see Mason with a smile on my face as he laughs a little.

“Jerk” I laugh as I playfully punch him in the arm, “You know I get startled easily.”

“Exactly. I had to get you back for running off.” He states, still laughing as I turn back around to look at the Manga.

“Whatever.” I mumble as I look for the death note series.

“So which one you getting this time?” Mason asks me.

“Death Note, what about you?” I reply to him as I find the series.

“Attack On Titan” He says. I grab the full series pack that has all 12 books plus a Death Note notebook with the instructions with it in english just like in the book. I’ve already read the first book but I still want to own it. I see Mason walk over to me with all of the Attack On Titan series in his arms.

“Let’s leave these here and pick them up when we are about to get on the train.” I laugh. He nods and sets the books down on the counter by the cash register.

“Hello Mason. Hello Red.” Mrs.Evans, the owner of the store says to us. Were normals here.

“Hi Mrs.Evans!” I exclaimed cheerfully.

“Would you two like to come pick the books up when you’re going to get on the train?” Mrs.Evans asked us happily.

“Yes please.” Mason said happily, but with a little hint of sadness in his voice. He gave her the money for his books but she gave it back to him.

“You guys can have the books. There shutting me down soon.” Mrs.Evans stated sadly. “You two seem a little upset yourself. Are you two okay?”

“Yeah. We are just a little upset that this might be our last time in downtown Snowdin.” Mason sighed.

“Were moving to Rhode Island.” I added.

“I think you two will like it there. I have been there before.” Mrs.Evans laughed “Also, when you two stop by later for the books I have something for you both.”

“Okay?” Mason and I question in unison. Mrs.Evans laughs a little.

“Don’t worry, it’s nothing bad. Now you two should get going. Enjoy what’s possibly your last time in downtown Snowdin.” She urged with a smile on her face.

“Okay. We’ll be back later.” Mason promised as he walked to the door. I waved goodbye to Mrs.Evans and started to follow Mason.

“So where to next?” I ask as I look around. I notice Mason look at his watch out of the corner of my eye.

“Lunch?” Mason answers in a questioning tone,”It’s already 12:30.”

“Sure!” I exclaimed.”Where do you want to eat?”

“Wahlburgers!” Mason requested happily.

“Heck yeah!” I agreed excitedly.

Mason and I walk into Wahlburgers which was right behind us and we get seated at a booth by the front wind0w. Mason and I already knew what we wanted. When the waitress came we ordered our drinks and a Wahlburger to split. Those things are pretty filling.

“Want to tell lame jokes while we wait?” Mason asked me, clearly trying to hold in a laugh.

“Sure” I giggled.

“Okay. Why couldn’t the bike stand on it’s own?” Mason laughed.

“What?” I responded trying not to burst into laughter already.

“Because it’s two tired!” He chuckled. I laughed at this. I alway find lame jokes the funniest.

“What concert costs 45 cents?” I ask and put my hand over my mouth to try to stop myself from erupting into a fit of laughter. Mason shrugs his shoulder signalling he doesn't know.

“50 cent featuring NickelBack” I continue as I start to laugh and he does to.

“Here you go! Do you need anything else?” I waitress exclaims cheerfully as she hands us our food.

“Were good! Thank you!” Mason and I respond in sync and laugh. The waitress nods her head and walks away. Mason cuts the Burger in half and gives me half of it. I smile and take a big bite out of it. Mason chuckles and takes a bite out of his as well.

We finish our burger and the waitress comes back with the check. We pay and leave.

“Now where?” Mason asks me.

“Um, well it’s only one. Want to see if there are any movies in the theater?” I ask.

“Yeah sure. I think assassins creed is still in theaters. You want to watch that?” Mason answers with a smile as he starts walking. I walk by his side and nod happily. He chuckles and grabs my hand. AGAIN?! I can feel the heat rising up in my cheeks again. Why do I keep blushing. He does this all the time, but this time it feels different. It gives me a weird feeling that I can’t quite tell what it is. I start to blush, my heart beat starts to speed up, I get a little bit of a weird feeling in my stomach and I start to stutter. What does it mean?!

“Yes! They still have assassins creed!” Mason Cheered, “And there's a showing in a half hour.”

I slip my hand out of his and run inside to buy the tickets. I can hear him laughing and catching up to me.

“Two for assassin's creed please!” I exclaim as I get to the ticket booth. I hand the guy the money and he hands me the tickets. Mason and I walk into the room where there screening assassin’s creed for our time. We take two seats in the center of the back row. I smile as we sit down. I rest my arm on the armrest in between Mason and I. He grabs my hand once again. I can feel myself blushing even harder than earlier. The movie starts but I can barely hear it. Too many thoughts are flooding through my mind, making me block everything else out. What is this feeling? What is happening to me? Why am I acting so different? Why can’t I control this? Is it love? Before I knew it the movie was over.

“What did you think?” Mason asks me as he stands up, pulling me up with him since he’s still holding my hand.

“I liked it!” I lied. I barely saw anything that happened. I wasn't really paying attention.

“What was your favorite part?” He asks me. What do I say?

“Um. I can’t really decide. I liked it all.” I lied again. I feel a little bad about lying but I don’t need him to worry.

“Same!” He exclaimed. “Do you want to go to the cafe?”

“Sure.” I answered with a genuine smile.

Mason and I walk out of the theater and to the cafe, hand in hand. I can still feel myself blushing madly. Why is this happening to me.

“Why is what happening to you?” Mason questioned as he stopped walking, making me stop as well.

“Dangit. I need to stop thinking out loud.” I mumble to myself.

“What’s wrong Red?” Mason asked in a soft tone.

“N-nothing.” I stuttered shyly. Why am I getting so shy around him all of a sudden.

“What’s wrong?” He asked me again, a bit more sternly.

“Nothing. I’m fine. Like I said earlier, i’m still a bit shaken up about yesterday.” I replied. That’s only partly true. I am still a bit shaken up about yesterday, but that’s not all that’s bothering me. I want to tell him what’s going on, but at the same time I don’t. If I do like him, I don’t want it to ruin our friendship.

“Are you sure that’s all?” Mason asks worriedly.

“Yes.” I reply with a weak smile on my face.

“You’re a terrible liar.” Mason says. He seems extremely worried now. I let out a long sigh. I have been figured out.

“So what’s wrong.” Mason asks me once again, in a worried and comforting but serious tone.

“I don’t really want to talk about it at the moment.” I say quietly. “Can we talk about it when we get home or sometime later?”

“Yeah. Whenever you're ready, i’m here for you.” He says with a comforting look in his eyes and a reassuring smile.

“Thanks.” I mumble and look down at the ground as I pull my hand away from his.

“What are friends for!?” Mason exclaims happily, but for some reason as soon as he said the word ‘friends’ I get a weird feeling in my stomach again. It was different from all the other times though. It felt like something just sunk into my stomach. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around to see Mason. He looks even more worried than earlier.

“Red. I think we should head home.” Mason says, a hint of sadness in his voice. I sigh and nod.

“Did I think out loud again?” I ask shyly as I look up at him. He nods and puts a hand on my shoulder.

“You actually yelled it this time.” He says as he pulls me into a hug. I hug back and bury my face in his chest and cry. I don’t know why i’m crying exactly. Is it confusion? Fear? Frustration? Mason starts to rub my back and we are like that for about five minutes. Just standing there.

Mason lightly pulls away and looks at me.

“We should get to the train station.” He stated softly. I nod as I grip the cuff of my right sleeve and wipe my tears away with the sleeve.

I start to walk in the direction of the train station. Just looking at the ground, not saying a word. I can’t hear anything around me besides the sound of mine and Mason’s breathing and foot steps. I know other people are around us talking, but I can’t bring myself to focus on anything besides Mason and I. I’m uncontrollably tuning everything else out.

I hear Mason clear his throat, ending the awkward silence between us.

“Um, we also need to stop at the bookstore again.” He mumbled barely loud enough for me to hear him. I open my mouth to try to say something, but no words come out. Just a really quiet squeak came out. Instead I just nod my head, even though he might not have seen it.

We just continue walking in silence until we reach the bookstore. We walk in and I look up, putting a fake smile on my face. I look over at Mason to see him smiling as well. Is he doing the same thing? He probably is.

“Hi Mrs.Evans!” I called in a fake cheery voice.

“Hello Mason! Hello Red!” Mrs.Evan exclaimed. Me and Mason walked up to the counter, were Mrs.Evans was standing, looking at us with a big smile on her face. She walked around to behind the counter and reached down, pulling to bags out and handing us each one of them.

“Here are your books!” Mrs.Evans giggled.

“Are you sure you don’t want us to pay?” Mason asked.

“I’m positive!” Mrs.Evans exclaimed as she started to look under the counter on the side she is on.

“Thank you so much!”Mason and I cheered in unison. We laughed but to me, it was clearly fake from both ends. I heard Mrs.Evans laugh as well as she continued looking under the counter.

“Here they are.” I heard Mrs.Evans mutter to herself. She looked back at us and handed each of us another bag.

“Don’t open them until you two get home!” She said.

She giggled again and looked at her clock. “You two should get going. Your train is going to be here shortly.” I nod sadly, not really wanting to leave. I’m going to miss this place. I’ve spent a lot of time here and if it’s closing I won’t ever be able to come back here with it still being the same if I ever come back to visit.

Mrs.Evans walks out from behind the counter and Mason walks over to her and hugs her.

After they stop hugging I walk over to Mrs.Evans slowly and hug her. She hugs back and I instantly break down. I start crying into her shoulder. She starts to rub my back and I close my eyes. I feel Mason join in on the hug.

After about a minute I hear the train pull up and the hug stops.

“Bye Mrs.Evans. We're really gonna miss you.” Mason says as he grabs my hand.

I start blushing again and use my free arm hand, wiping away my tears and nodding in agreement to Mason’s statement. I see Mrs.Evans start to tear up.

“I will miss you two as well.” She states with a weak smile.

I start to cry a little bit as I get pulled out of the building. Me and Mason get on the train and instantly find two open seats next to each other. We sit down and as soon as we do I break down. I rest my elbows on my legs and put my head in my hands as I start crying harder. I can feel Mason pull me into a side hug and rub my back. I cry harder as I feel my cheeks heat up again. Why do I keep blushing and why does it make me cry harder. This isn’t like me. I don’t usually cry this much. Like yesterday. I easily stopped crying when I wanted to. Now I just can’t stop no matter how hard I try.

“Let it all out Red” Mason whispers to me as he rubs my back. I blush more and sob harder.

Chapter 6: Mason’s P.O.V

Red is acting very strange today. I know she is still shaken up about yesterday, and I understand she is going to miss this place, but this still isn't like her. There’s something she’s not telling me.

I get pulled out of my thoughts by Red standing up. I look at her and tilt my head to the side a little in confusion. She points to her left where the bathroom is. I nod, telling her I understand and she walks away.

I really hope she talks to me about it. I’m also shaken up about what Red’s mom told us yesterday, and I’m also going to miss this place. Plus, she said she was excited about where we are going and we had a lot of fun earlier. There has got to be something she isn’t telling me.

I don’t want to push her into telling me, but at the same time I do. If I knew what was bothering her so much I would be able to help her. Heck, I would die for her. She is the one I love after all.

I feel the seat sink down a little but more and I instantly know it’s Red without even looking.

“All better Red?” I ask and laugh instantly after.

I don’t get a response.

“Whats wrong?” I ask and look up at ‘her’ only to see a two boys. One with spiky white hair, a Red headband, and freckles and the other with messy blonde hair, grey glasses, and freckles.

“Who are you?” I ask.

“That’s for us to know, and you to find out.” The boy with the white hair said. His voice was deep, but not extremely deep.

“Wha-?” I start, but get cut off by all the lights on the train going off, the now pitch black train stopping, and everyone screaming. I can hear the people that work on the train trying to calm everyone down.

I feel something in my mouth that feels like fabric. Maybe a cloth? I then feel myself being lifted up and put something that feels more like a duffel bag kind of fabric.

I try to scream but It comes out muffled. I hear a loud bang and pain flows through my body. Did I just get thrown into a trunk of a car? That would be my guess because I’m pretty sure I’m getting kidnapped. There’s no point in screaming because no one will hear me, and I’m guessing i’m in a car trunk because I have watched way too many movies.

Wait, what will Red think when I’m not there?! I start to squirm because I’m getting very uncomfortable and feel another shock of pain in my upper right arm. I whimper and pull my arm free and then feel something cold and wet dripping down my arm.

Just great. Now I’m bleeding. I squirm again and notice a small hole right above me with a tiny bit of light shining through. I stick my finger through the hole and start to drag me finger around to see if I can make it bigger. Well, apparently it’s a zipper because it instantly slide open one way with a small vibrating type noise. I roll out of the bag and take the cloth out of my mouth.

So I was gagged and put in a zip up body bag.

“What a great day.” I whisper sarcastically and roll my eyes. That's when I see something fall towards me and I see the blonde boy from earlier. He has a gas mask on and a can in his hand. He sticks it through the hole that I’m guessing is in the back seat of the car and sprays the can, making me pass out.

Chapter 7: Red’s P.O.V

I’m in the bathroom thinking about everything until the light goes off and I hear a lot of screaming. I quickly run out of the bathroom try to make my way to wear me and Mason were sitting. Then the lights go back on and everyone instantly stops screaming and sits back down and I continue walking to my seat.

When I get there Mason isn’t there. What the heck?! At least were at the end cart, that will make it easier to go through.

I start to walk through every cart looking through every one and knocking on the bathroom doors.

I reach the front cart and sit in an open seat and break down crying. My best friend just went missing. I guess I’ll accept it, my CRUSH just went missing.

I bring my knees to my chest and wrap my arms around them, crying into my knees. I start not being able to hear anything. I get a headache and feel something cold and wet running down my arm. I try to scream but nothing happens. Nothing probably came out. Darkness takes over me.

I then see something. Mason is there looking at me worriedly. I look him in the eyes and he sighs in relief. He helps me up and hugs me.

“I was so worried about you Red.” He whispers into my ear. I blush and push away and look him in the eyes again. He looks back and starts to lean in. I blush more intensely. He leans in closer and I do aswell, blushing harder and harder as we get closer and closer. Soon enough were less than an inch apart, noses touching. Then everything goes dark again. I open my eyes to see I’m on the train. Still in the same position as earlier.

“Now approaching uptown snowdin” The train conductor says. I sigh and stand up and feel something cold and wet run down my arm and hand again. I shrug it off for now and walk off the train and then realize Mason is missing and break down crying again. I walk into Dunkin Doughnuts and ask James if he’s seen Mason since we were here this morning and he said No. I say thank you and run out the door. I run around town frantically, trying to find him. “


“Okay, there's one place I haven't been yet. The school.” I whisper to myself.

I run to the school to see a bunch of kids at the playground. I run past the playground and to were me and Mason usually hang out. This small clearing in the center of a bunch of trees. I get there and he's not here. I sit leaning against the tree in the center and start crying again. I finally decide to look at my hands and see blood on them. I sigh and decide to climb the tree. I jump up and grab the first branch but it just pulls down as if it’s a switch and I hear a click. I look around and I don’t see anything. I look around the tree and when I get to the other side I see a small door open and inside are some fingerless gloves. There black and long with lace on the bottom and buttons going up them. There cute so i decide to put them on. I then feel this weird feeling run through me. I look around and focus on the top of the tree wanting to climb and then I see the path drawn out by a weird blue line. What the heck just happened. Was it the gloves? No impossible. Magic doesn't exist. Right? I’m pretty sure magic doesn't exist.

© 2017 Amber Kelleher


Author's Note

Amber Kelleher
I am still working on the book. It is not even close to done and I would love feedback on what people think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on January 25, 2017
Last Updated on April 19, 2017
Tags: drama, I won't break, fantasy, fangirl, highschool

Author

Amber Kelleher
Amber Kelleher

IL



About
I love creative writing and listening to music. Those are my hobbies when i'm not watching/fangirling over Anime and yotube more..

Writing