5,000 Dollars?

5,000 Dollars?

A Chapter by MuSiCFreak8899
"

For a trip to Italy? No problem... (sarcastic)

"

 Today is probably the best day ever. Well, maybe not the BEST day. Because the best day ever was when I graduated that stupid middle school. So....I guess this is second best. It's the end of freshmen year, summer is approaching and my high school is holding a little whole summer field trip.

 To.....Italy!

 How awesome is that? The downer is that the trip cost... let's just say A LOT of money. And I have yet to break it to my parents that I already signed up and need the money the next school day.. Maybe I should have thought my little action over a few more times.

 I piled into my house, lightly closing the door behind me. I bet you I'll be under the ground before the price is right comes on t.v.

 I slowly entered the living room, my father was reading the newspaper, muttering about politics.

 "Uh, hey dad."

 Dad settled his newspaper on his lap and turned his head over to me, "Hi honey, how was your day?"

 I made my way over and sat in armchair across from him, "It was great." Until now.

 Dad raised his eyebrow and questioned, "What made it so great?"

 I fumbled with my words, "Uh-w-...there is this whole summer field trip going on at my school."

 Dad asked cheerfully, "Oh really? Where to?"

 I replied hesitantly, "To Italy."

 Dad exclaimed, "Wow! Where is the school getting all the money?"

 I mumbled crossing my legs nervously, "From the parents."

 "Must be all the rich kids going then, eh?"

 I smiled weakly before rolling my eyes, "Well....not all of them."

 Dad's voice became concerned, "What's wrong, Penelope?"

 I paused for a moment, my nails basically ripping it's way through the soft blue fabric.

 "I kinda...--well. I guess I'm one of the rich kids then."

 Oh yeah. Nicely worded.

 Dad straightened up a little, fixing his glasses, "What?"

 I confessed [more like spilled my guts], "I was so happy that my high school was offering a trip to Italy, the excitement got ahead of me and before I knew, I signed up for it!"

 Then there was silence. Never a good sign. The deadly silence continued for several seconds. Finally my dad spoke up,

"How...much is it?"

 His voice was dipped in venom and more like stated than asked.

 I replied, "Not that much really.....about a few thousand dollars.."

 "Penelope..."

 I sighed frustrated oh yeah I'm totally dead, "5,000 dollars!"

 For this confession there was no silence. For an half an hour dad yelled at me, talking about how careless I can be sometimes. I then continued to repeat say 'sorry'. But I don't think that helped much.

 Finally, mom arrived home from work. Mom is a lot more laid-back then dad is.

 "Penelope Storms this is probably the most stupidest thing you ever done!"

 Well that theory shot out the window. Dad must have called her after the huge painful scene of dad pacing back and forth muttering 5,000 dollars over and over again.

 I truly felt guilty for what I've done. Mom is right, it was the most stupidest thing I ever done. But I couldn't help the twitch of happiness in my heart when Mom and Dad called the bank for a loan....for 5,000 dollars.

 Mom's exact words were, "Since you can't get your way out of this, we have to pay it. But just for you to know, your allowance is taken away....forever!"

 That probably would have really burned me, but I really didn't care. I'm going to Italy! Woo-hoo!

 ---------------------------

Once my amazing parents let me leave, I stumbled up the stairs and into my room. I threw myself on the bed, whipped out my cordless phone and started to dial Earl's number. Wait till he hears!

After having to listen to the theme song to star wars, Earl finally picked up,

"Hello?"

I screamed into the phone, "ITALY!!!"

 Earl gasped and snapped, "Is there a reason for you to blow out my ear drums?!"

 I quieted down, feeling bad that I did that.

 "Sorry, Earl. I'm just so....I can't even find the word for it. Remember that trip to Italy? My parents are letting me go on it!"

 Earl's reply was, "Cool me too."

 My jaw dropped open and asked, "How? Your father agreed with it?"

 Earl sighed, "I didn't even tell him, he heard it from the other parents as he was picking me up today. He reckons going to Italy will 'make a man out of me'."

 I cracked a smile, "From Mulan?"

 Earl chuckled, "Very funny...So I'm going."

 I resorted, "Well good, now I'll have someone to talk to this summer."

 His response, "Yeah yeah, listen. I gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow, when we have to check in our 5,000 dollars."

I nodded as if he could see me, "Alright, good night Earl."

"Buh bye."

I placed the phone on the dresser and let my head fall into my pillow. Everyday I will thank God for the blessing he placed on my life....

 



© 2009 MuSiCFreak8899


Author's Note

MuSiCFreak8899
yay its started!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good work, few grammatical issues but otherwise ("most stupidest thing I ever done") but very engaging so far. Am looking forward to reading more.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Added on August 20, 2009
Last Updated on August 20, 2009


Author

MuSiCFreak8899
MuSiCFreak8899

In Your Imagination.



About
Hello all, I'm Taylor. September 12th is when I blow out the candles. My hobbies are music, writing, reading, sleeping, photography and anything else that is incredibly rad. Vintage and .. more..

Writing