We're Off!

We're Off!

A Chapter by MuSiCFreak8899
"

the traveling begins...

"

 The sun peaked it's way through my window blinds, my eyes cracked open slightly. I pulled myself up, trying to wipe out the crusties in my eyes. Don't you just hate those?

 Suddenly a knock came at my bedroom door, "Get your butt up!"

 I obeyed, turning the doorknob and exiting my room. From down the hall I can see my dad spread out on the couch watching the news.

 I entered the bathroom to get ready for my last day of school. Can't wait! I jumped into the shower, washed quickly then jumped out again. I threw a towel over my naked body and raced into my room in search of a outfit to wear.

 I flipped through my clothes, finally picking some clothing. Throwing on my blue jeans and a academy is.... shirt, I quickly put my hair into a ponytail, spraying hair spray all over. My hair never stays up. I carefully placed a thin hair band on my head and ran out of the room, the door slamming behind me.

 As I came to to the living room, dad said, "Someone seems excited to go to school."

 I grabbed a bagel from the dish on the table, "Well it is the last day of school."

 Mom came into view, handing me a envelope with my name printed on the front.

 "Don't lose that now."

 I smiled before grabbing my backpack and almost skipped out the door. As I started to walk to school, I noticed Earl coming out of his house.

 "Hey Earl!"

 Earl turned around and simply waved at me. He jogged across the street and stopped in front of me.

 "Ready?"

 I nodded, "Yes."

 With that we adventured to school, our hopes high. My high school is probably one of the most biggest ones in the state. However, bigger doesn't mean better. Most of the freshmen I met this year were either eager to become popular and crush anyone that stands in their way, or so immature that you can barely stand them.

 I pushed open the front doors to be met with thousands of students running around signing year books. Classes ended last week so for the rest of the days high school seemed like a big play ground.

 Earl and I fought our way through the crowd of kids, finally stopping in front of the plastic table that had the sign, 'Take a trip to Italy!'

 The person seated looked up at us and smiled, "Are you here to apply for the field trip?"

 I returned the smile, "Yes." Earl and I handed in our 5,000 dollars.

 The woman at the table placed our envelopes in a clear basket. She then turned her back to another basket, her hands fished her away through of papers. She pulled out two packets and handed it to us.

 "In there is information about Italy, the places to see, places to eat and shop. Also have safety rules in there as well."

 Earl asked staring at the front page, "What can be so dangerous about Italy?"

 The woman simply replied, "Thieves."

 She then turned her back again, picking up two envelopes.

 "Here are your tickets for the plane ride."

 She glanced at both envelopes as we took them, "And you're in luck. Seems like you kids are on the same flight."

 Well that's good. Both Earl and I returned with a 'thank you' and made our way to our lockers.

 Earl resorted, "Thieves eh? Must be some poor dirty men, right?"

 I rolled my eyes, "Don't go judging before you even seen Italy. We won't see any thieves because we will be having too much fun."

 "Okay, okay. But don't go crying to me if your purse is stolen day one."

 I laughed, "I don't even have a purse!"

 ---------------------------------

 I whined a bit, "Mom, I really don't think I need ten pairs of hats."

 Mom threw in another hat from my closet into my suitcase, "You never know in Italy!"

 I sighed before picking out unneeded hats and throwing them back in my closet. My mom didn't notice.

 I basically cleaned out my whole closet, all my clothes, socks, underwear fitted all in one suitcase. And surprise! It closes! I set down the suitcase near the door. I'll probably need just a gym bag for all my personal stuff then.

 I fished out my blue gym bag from the back of my closet and thrown it on the bed. I'll need my ipod. Can't live without that. So I threw it in. Ipod charger, a life saver. Cell phone charger another life saver. A few books to read, sunglasses, two pairs of shoes, tooth brush....I really don't think I'll need to bring my own tooth paste. The hotel that Earl and I will stay at will most probably have it.

 I spent ten minutes picking out my stuff that I would NEED on my trip to Italy. I zipped the gym bag and threw it on top of the suitcase.

 I heard Dad's voice float through the halls, "It's almost time to go Penelope!"

 If I was still a five year old kid, I would have jumped up and down screaming, 'yay! But I just simply did a little woop and skip out the door.

 I dragged my stuff out into the living room, the envelope with the tickets in them in my mouth.

 "Well aren't you a sight."

 I turned towards the door, seeing Earl with his stuff.

 I quickly took the slightly damp envelope out of my mouth, "What are you doing here? I thought we would meet at the airport?"

 Earl said, "My dad thought it would be better if I went with you and your parents. More like save time for him."

 Across the street I could see Earl's dad's beady eyes peaking at us through the front window.

 Mom smiled, "That's fine Earl."

 I glanced at the clock in the kitchen, "It's time to go!"

 Dad got up first and opened the door for me, I piled out, almost tripping to the car.

 Earl came to my side and picked up my suitcase. I laughed, "You really don't have to do that."

 Earl mockingly buffed out his chest, "A little lady like you can't handle it."

 I smiled as I watched him shove my stuff in the back of the car, "You sounded like Chuck Norris for a moment."

 As we got into the car, Earl defended, "Hey, Chuck Norris is God!"

 Dad entered the car, hearing in on our conversation, "Whose Chuck Norris?"

 My dad is so clueless it's funny. I shook my head and turned my attention to the open window where my mother came over and reached in and hugged me.

"Now be safe, have a good time and call us when you arrive."

 I smiled, "Okay mom, I love you."

 Mom turned his attention to Earl, "You too Earl."

 His reply, "Sorry Mrs. Storms...I haven't known you that long to say 'I love you."

 I laughed, tears coming out of my eyes.

 Mom chuckled before placing a kiss on my forehead and a quick goodbye.

 Dad shouted as he pulled out of the drive way, "And we're off!"

 Yay!

 



© 2009 MuSiCFreak8899


Author's Note

MuSiCFreak8899
the gang will show up soon :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Again some grammar issues, also you seem to be getting your past and present tense a little mixed up. I suspect that this will continue throughout the book so this will be the last time I comment on it.

Don't get disheartened though, these are issues that we all contend with, the fact of the matter is that you are writing a book that makes me want to read more. I suspect some fairly decent teen fiction is spilling out of you.

Keep it up.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
1 Review
Added on August 20, 2009
Last Updated on August 20, 2009


Author

MuSiCFreak8899
MuSiCFreak8899

In Your Imagination.



About
Hello all, I'm Taylor. September 12th is when I blow out the candles. My hobbies are music, writing, reading, sleeping, photography and anything else that is incredibly rad. Vintage and .. more..

Writing