Misunderstanding Resolved

Misunderstanding Resolved

A Chapter by MuSiCFreak8899
"

The gang finally realizes that Penelope and Earl aren't snoops.

"

 

My curiosity got the better of me, "Who is this Scipio?"

 Bo answered happily, "He's the greatest thief in Italy!"

 Earl laughed, "See what did I tell you Penelope? They're little thieves."

 The girl with the braided hair resorted, "Scipio steals for us so we can get money to have actual food at the table."

 I asked, "So, this Scipio is the one with the bird mask?"

 The girl nodded. How interesting....guess he's not in a play after all. Earl ran his fingers through his hair, "Listen. Can we just leave?"

 Riccio snapped, "Oh yeah, we'll just leave two out of the three snoops leave. That's great!"

 This kid is REALLY grumpy.

 I replied calmly, "Look. We aren't working for Victor. We're just normal high school students from America."

 Riccio grunted, "A likely story. What? Did the snoop tell you to say that?"

 Victor cut in this time [thank god], "No. These teenagers do not work for me. I work alone. I simply met them at the airport, helped them find where they are staying and went on my way."

 The girl with the braid asked, "Then why were all three of you here together in the theater? If you so happened to go on each others way."

 Earl answered that question, "It was my fault. We saw Victor sneaking in the theater, so we followed him wondering what he was up to. We honestly didn't know this theater was some kind of hide out for wanted kids. If we did, we wouldn't be here right now."

 All five of the kids stared at us, deciding to believe us or not.

 whispered, "Honestly..."

 Prosper spoke up, "Alright....I believe you."

The girl nodded, agreeing with Prosper. Riccio on the other hand crossed his arms, glared at us before saying, "Whatever."

 Great. So once this Scipio arrives, we can leave! Seems like this whole misunderstanding is going to end soon. The girl with the braided hair shook my hand,

"I'm Hornet. Sorry about tying you up and all."

I smiled and joked, "It could happen to anybody."

 She chuckled nervously, then suddenly Victor talked.

"You know. Your thief lord isn't what he seems."

 Riccio challenged, "What's that supposed to mean?"

 Victor gave the kids some address, "Go there, and you'll find the answer."

 ----------------------------

 Prosper, Bo, Hornet and Riccio followed Victor's advise and left, not before bidding Earl and I a good bye first. Once they were gone and the door was slammed, Victor got back to work with the projector. Earl and I looked at each other and shrugged. We both sat beside Victor.

 Earl asked, "Is it almost fixed?"

 Victor replied, his eyes focused on Mosca's tool box, "Yes, almost."

 I cut in, "That's good..." Here come the awkward silences again. Oh who am I kidding? The whole situation is awkward. Earl and I aren't even supposed to be here. Sometime fate is twisted and confusing.

 Earl broke the silence, "What is at the address you gave to the others?"

 Victor chuckled and glanced at him, "It's really none of you're business is it? You folks aren't supposed to be here anyway."

 I sided with Victor, "Yes Earl. I recall it was you who wanted to come here in the first place. Therefore, it's your fault we're in this mess."

 Earl rolled his eyes, "Yes yes I know. I admitted my mistake!"

 I laughed cheekily before both of our attention was turned to the projector. Which should I say bounced to life.

 Victor shouted, "Ah-ha! Got it!"

 A huge beam came out of the projector and shined down at the curtains. What do you know? It's really fixed!

 Victor jumped up and climbed the ladder with the projector in one hand. Earl and I watched him walk into the little room while the projector is supposed to lay. Moments later he came back, with a chalk board. He sat down again and started writing on it. From what I could see it said, 'Enjoy the show.' He finished, placing the board near the door and threw the chalk away, I watched it land in the middle of the room. It broke into two.

 Victor sighed before getting up and brushing himself off, "Well, it was nice talking to you again. But I must be leaving."

 Earl asked, "Wait! Where are you going?"

 Victor opened the door half way and looked back at us, "I'm going back to my apartment. I have other clients to attend to."

 I stated, "But we're supposed to stay here!"

 Victor laughed, he was out of the door into the alley way, his hand supporting the door open, "Don't worry signore and signora. I'm keeping my promise. I'm not going to tell a soul about this place. I suggest you folks leave to, if you want to get back to the hotel of course."

 With that he was gone.

 Earl looked at me, "Maybe...we should listen to him."

 I stomped my foot, "But we promised the others that we would stay here!"

 Earl shrugged, "Think about it. We have nothing to do with this. They believe us. It won't hurt if WE left."

He had a point. I sighed defeated and nodded my head. Earl and I left the theater, me closed the door behind me.

Earl yawned as we walked away, "Now what was the name of the place with the good pasta?"

 



© 2009 MuSiCFreak8899


Author's Note

MuSiCFreak8899
it'll get better!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on August 20, 2009
Last Updated on August 20, 2009


Author

MuSiCFreak8899
MuSiCFreak8899

In Your Imagination.



About
Hello all, I'm Taylor. September 12th is when I blow out the candles. My hobbies are music, writing, reading, sleeping, photography and anything else that is incredibly rad. Vintage and .. more..

Writing