Magical Merry Go 'Round?

Magical Merry Go 'Round?

A Chapter by MuSiCFreak8899
"

is there such a thing?

"

 Hornet exclaimed, "Scipio! Put the gun down!"

 The woman with short blonde hair just simply looked at Scipio amused. I looked at Earl who had the most excited look on his face, here comes adventurous Earl again. I huffed and turned my attention to the woman and the boy with the gun.

 The woman said, "Oh give it here. It doesn't even work anyway."

 With that she proceeded to grab the gun out of Scipio's hands. He struggled a bit, however finally let go in defeat. I would say that was a fail to trying to be the hero. The woman rested the gun at her side and looked at all of us,

 "Now. What do you want with my wooden wing?"

 -----------------------------

 I found out the woman's name moments later, Ida. I like it. She sat us all down at the table in the kitchen. The kids were explaining why they were here, and the wooden wing was laying carelessly on the table. Earl reached out and touched it. It was a sight.

 Hornet asked, "Is it an angel's wing?"

 Ida answered smiling, "A lion's wing."

 Earl coughed, "Oh, that's so common."

 Ida turned to us and raised her eyebrows, "I don't believe I met you before."

 I stumbled with my words as I felt everyone's eyes on me, including the 'heroic' Scipio's.

 "Oh, we're just friends with them....--."

 Earl cut me off, "And we're helping them!"

 Scipio said in barely a whisper, "What?"

 The group gave him a look that basically said, 'we'll explain later.' I noticed Riccio give Scipio a glare before turning his attention back to the huge wing on the table. Seems like he's grumpy to everyone? I placed my hand on the wing, it was rough but smooth at the same time. Does that make sense? Probably not.

 Ida broke the silence that has came upon us, "The wing, I was given to at the orphanage."

 Riccio asked shocked, "Are you a orphan?"

 Ida replied looking down, "Yes, I've lived there in ten years."

 Scipio spoke up, "What makes the wing worth so much?"

 Ida shrugged and set down her cup, "I really don't know, but I think it's time we found out."

 I got up, "Okay, Earl and I will just be leaving now."

 Earl shrugged and agreed. That's right, he got his taste of adventure for one night. We were about to get up and leave this weird chaos, before someone spoke up,

 "No."

 Scipio. He was staring at us with his dark intense eyes, which I find HIGHLY annoying right now, he doesn't have the right to tell Earl and I what to do.

 I hesitated, "Uh...yes?"

 Scipio stayed in his seat, "Well, since you're supposedly helping us, you can come with us."

 That was rude!

 Earl smiled, ignoring the tone of Scipio's voice, "That sounds great!"

 I looked over and glared at Earl, I swear Italy is making him go bananas.

 --------------------------

 After refusing a SECOND time that there was no need for Earl and I to tag along, the group uses their secret weapon. Bo. He proceeded to ask if we could go, with a cute pout on his face. His eyes got slightly bigger. I sworn not to give in.

 Well, here we are. Yes. I gave in. You would too. Bo is just the most adorable boy I have ever seen in my life. Earl and I followed the rest of the gang into the yard, outside of the orphanage. Ida had us meet a nun that she knew when she lived in the orphanage. The kids sat down on a white bench, Earl just pulled me to the ground. I rolled my eyes as sat indian style. Well...let's here it.

 The nun, with the huge teeth might I add, explained to us how wealthy merchant gave the orphanage a merry go round, for the children.

 I asked quite curious, ignoring the looks Scipio was giving me, "How long ago was that?"

 The nun answered smiling down at me, "150 years ago."

 Earl did a little 'woah' and Bo giggled at his shock. Earl tends to make funny faces. I once mentioned to him he would become a clown.

 The nun continued, "But before the children could ever enjoy it, it disappeared."

 Her face changed from joyful to depressed, "All they ever found was a fragment."

 Bo jumped up excitedly, "The wing!"

 The nun smiled once again. She continued to explain how she found it and gave it to Ida.

 "I never saw the merry go round, but it was said to be...unique."

 Earl piped up, "It just goes around in circles. How unique is that?"

 The nun replied, "Well....this merry go round was made of five wooden figures--."

 Bo interrupted her, telling what they were. The mermaid, the manman, the sea horse, the winged lion--

 Bo pondered for a moment, "And what do you call it...the uni...the uni..--"

 The nun stared at him in disbelief then slowly answered him, "The unicorn."

 Well...they are pretty random figures to be placed on a wooden merry go round. I was so lost in my thoughts, Earl smacked me on the shoulder.

 I snorted, "Hm what?"

 Earl whispered, "Listen!"

 I tuned in just in time to see Scipio edging near the nun asking, "Sister, what makes the merry go round so special?"

 The nun exclaimed, "It had magical powers!"

 Okay, I'm out of here. I tried to get up, but Earl dung his nails into my skin and pulled me back down. Boy! He is really enjoying this 'adventure!'

 Hornet asked, "What did it do?"

 "A child could go round and round and round, and become a grown up."

 I spoke up without meaning to, "Are you serious? That possibly can't happen."

 Earl joked, "Anything can happen with magic." Oh har har.

 The nun continued ignoring my outburst, "A grown up can go round and round and round and become a child."

This is...just insane! I was getting used to the idea of just getting the money and become rich. But now all this fantasy jumbo is clearly crazy.

 Scipio stared hard at the nun, "Sister, please tell me, is that really true?"

I slightly agreed with Scipio's question.

 The nun got this innocent look on her face and told him, "Of course, my great great grandmother saw it."

 You can never trust your great great grandmothers!

 ----------------------------

 Before I knew it, we were leaving. Earl and I dragged behind.

 I whispered, making sure that the others wouldn't hear us, "Do you honestly believe this?"

 Earl shrugged, "Not really." Thank god.

 "Then can we just go?"

 Earl said loudly, "Heck no! This is the best excitement I ever had! We're staying to watch."

 I grunted, "CRAZY excitement."

 We were nearing the canal, the others still ahead, Ida going on about a 'plan'. I stopped in my tracks and laughed. Earl stopped as well and looked at me,

 "What? All this CRAZY excitement making you...a little CRAZY?"

 I shook my head, before smirking a little bit, "We never went back for the artist's picture."

Earl smacked his forehead, "Think we should?"

 I looked over to my side where the others were, chuckling I replied, "Nah."

 



© 2009 MuSiCFreak8899


Author's Note

MuSiCFreak8899
I know, everything isn't as said or done in the movie, but since Earl and Penelope are here, I wanted to change it up a bit. I hope you liked this chapter, please review and more will be up soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on August 20, 2009
Last Updated on August 20, 2009


Author

MuSiCFreak8899
MuSiCFreak8899

In Your Imagination.



About
Hello all, I'm Taylor. September 12th is when I blow out the candles. My hobbies are music, writing, reading, sleeping, photography and anything else that is incredibly rad. Vintage and .. more..

Writing