Soaked To The Bone

Soaked To The Bone

A Chapter by MuSiCFreak8899
"

falling and the canal. Don't mix.

"

 Earl ruffled his hair carelessly, "Do you reckon we find Mikayla, go out and do something?"

 I shrugged. It was night now. We pretty much spent the whole day stuffed up in the hotel, watching movies and eating food. Personally, I don't think Earl thinks it's safe to go outside, for his new little stalker may be creeping around the corner.

 I rolled my eyes on how stubborn he was being, "He just likes you because you fought back to the kid he hates the most."

 Earl crosses his arms, "But, don't you think it's creepy he asked us to move into the theater?"

 I laughed, "Yes, creepy. However, not happening."

 "You know, I left the drawing there."

 I changed the channels, all Italian soap operas, "I am aware. The drawing that cost us... seventy dollars?"

 "That seems right."

 I playfully threw the remote at him, "You can explain that to my parents."

 Earl quickly dodged it and complained, "Alright alright. I guess you're right. Let's just go out and Mikayla and make something of this night."

 I replied getting up, "Sweet deal."

 ---------------------------

 "AHHHH NO!!!"

 I started to crack up, for Mikayla almost pushed Earl into the canal as a prank. However, Earl grabbed onto Mikayla's brown jacket and pushed himself up, glaring at her. My face was beginning to turn red, my gut hurting.

 I said between pants, "The... look.... on .... your face..."

 Earl frowned, "That's not funny! I could have drowned!"

 Mikayla was laughing just as much as I was, "But, you can swim can't you?"

 Earl's frown deepen. Of course he can swim. He lost.

 I regained my composure, "Wow.... that made my night... Anyway, what to do next?"

 Milkayla shrugged, "What else can beat scaring the crap out of Earl?"

 He snapped, "How about breaking into a house!?"

 I gave Earl a look saying, 'don't you dare.'

 Mikayla asked confused, "What..?"

 Earl explained, "I am simply saying that breaking into a house, the thrill of being caught is a lot more better than scaring the crap out of me."

 Mikayla rolled her eyes, "And how would you know what breaking into a house feels like?"

 I joked, [more like playing along], "Yeah. Seriously Earl. The only thing I seen you break into was the fridge."

 Earl smiled, "Yeah...you're right... Did you guys hear about the house that was broken into the other night? They say some kids did it..."

 Mikayla burst, "Really?'

 Does he want to dig a deeper hole? I will be sure to make this a grudge and hold it against him everyday of his life.

 Earl continued, "Yeah... they say that the kids stole a human head that was in the freezer..."

 "No way!"

 I urged on, "Yeah, Earl. NO way!"

 Mikayla looked at me from Earl, "He's mocking us isn't he?"

 I replied, "I believe so, Mikayla."

 Before I knew what happened, Earl was flying into the canal. Mikayla had pushed him.

 I ran over to the edge, making sure he was alright. Mikayla joined me, trying to hold down her laughter. We saw Earl clinging onto a side of a boat. He was completely soaked and shivering. Oh no. Hopefully he won't get sick.

 I turned to Mikayla, "Come on, let's get him out of there."

 Mikayla nodded, she reached over the edged and grabbed the rope that was dangling carelessly on the wheel. I held onto her so she wouldn't fall in as well.

 I shouted down to Earl, "We're gonna throw it down. Just keep a hold of it!"

 Earl's response was, "Can you even drag me up?"

 Mikayla snapped, "We'll just have to find out!"

 I was in front, Mikayla behind me. I threw the other end of the rope to Earl, who grabbed it with one hand, with the other still on the boat.

 I huffed, "Okay...pull!"

 Mikayla started to back up, using all her strength to get Earl up. I felt my muscles tense and stretch as I followed her lead. A few seconds passed by, when suddenly, a patch of red hair could be see from the edged. Hands clamped over the edged, Earl was pulling himself up. We rushed over and gave him a hand. So, there was Earl, soaked to the bone, breathing hard and shivering.

 Mikayla said, "Yeah... sorry?"

 I laughed. Why? Because I noticed that Earl wasn't wearing any pants..

 Earl frowned, "What are you laughing at...?"

 I nudged Mikayla and pointed to Earl, she looked and started to laugh as well. There in front of us was Earl in his star wars boxers.

 I encouraged, "You might wanna look down.."

 He did as he was told, eyes widen and quickly covered his boxers with his hands. His face was as red as a tomato as Mikayla continued to laugh at him. I looked over the edge to see Earl's pants started to float away.

 I pointed down, "Might wanna get them before they escape."

 The next 25 minutes was spent Earl diving in and getting his pants, and us pulling him back up again. Earl fully put his soaking wet pants on and sighed.

 I shrugged, "Hey! You wanted to make something of this night. We did."

 --------------------------

 All three of us were on our way back to the hotel. Earl holding up his pants, for he lost his belt in the canal. People passed by we staring at us. I guess it was a sight. Two normal looking girls walking with a boy that looked like he was in a war with his bathtub, seeing the bathtub won.

 Suddenly, I heard someone call my name. I slightly turned around, getting the others attention as well. There a few distances away from us was...Victor?

 Mikayla whispered as Victor jogged over to us, "Whose he..?"

 I ignored her question and asked Victor, "Um... Mr. Getz...what are you doing here?"

 He was out of breath, "No time to talk signora. Hornet and Bo were taken by the police."

 Earl piped up, "What?"

 Mikayla cut in, "Um... do you know this man guys?"

 Victor finally noticed Mikayla, giving her a apologetic look, "I'm sorry signora, but I'm going to have to steal your friends away for awhile.... erm...important business."

 Mikayla looked at Victor as if he grown a second head, "Alright... Earl? Penelope? I guess I'll see you later..."

 She walked quickly into the direction of the hotel. I'll give some excuse to her later.

 Earl asked, still holding up his pants, "What happened?"

 Victor filled us in, "Well the kids met the Conte and got the money. The police broke into the Stella when they were gone. Taking Hornet to the orphanage... and Bo back to his aunt and uncle...."

 I gasped, "That's horrible!"

 Earl said, "And what can we do to help?"

 Victor replied, "Well... the other kids are probably looking for me now, thinking that I told of their hiding place. I only found out after the aunt and uncle saying my assistance wasn't 'needed' anymore. I need you two, to come to Ida's house with me and we can figure how to get Hornet and Bo back."

 I replied, "Okay, anything to help get them back."

 We started off into the other direction, speed walking. Earl struggled to catch up,

 "How do you know Ida?"

 Victor muttered, "We're old friends..."

 -------------------------

 We arrived at Ida's house. Victor knocked on the door roughly, only to have the door open a few seconds later.

 Ida appeared, she gasped, "Victor...what are you doing here?! Penelope? Earl? Why are you soaking wet and holding your pants up?!?"

 Earl replied darkly, "It's a long story."

 



© 2009 MuSiCFreak8899


Author's Note

MuSiCFreak8899
Okay, yes I realize that I changed it up a bit on how Victor found out. In the movie Prosper and the others confronted him, blah blah blah. However, I changed it so Penelope and Earl will fit in the scene. The rest will flow out perfectly.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on August 20, 2009
Last Updated on August 20, 2009


Author

MuSiCFreak8899
MuSiCFreak8899

In Your Imagination.



About
Hello all, I'm Taylor. September 12th is when I blow out the candles. My hobbies are music, writing, reading, sleeping, photography and anything else that is incredibly rad. Vintage and .. more..

Writing