Baby Barbarossa

Baby Barbarossa

A Chapter by MuSiCFreak8899
"

the baby from hell.

"

 We all stared at him wide eyed. Earl was grinning from ear to ear, he better not be thinking about riding the merry go 'round. I really don't think Earl's dad would believe that he went through a MAJOR growth spurt over the summer.

 Scipio stretched a few times, getting used to his new body. Prosper's jaw was still dropped.

 Scipio laughed and walked forward, picking up Prosper who looked quite alarmed, "Don't be so shocked!"

 While Scipio was praising over his new look and height, I walked over to the merry go 'round itself. The wood was smooth. Earl ran up the steps, sitting on top of one of the figures.

 I rolled my eyes and looked up at him, "You're not going to actually right it."

 Earl shrugged, frowning, "I know. But it's so cool from up here! Why don't you come up?"

 There's no harm in that. Jogging up the steps, I jumped onto the hard platform.

 Earl smirked, "Take the lion."

 I laughed sarcastically, "You would love that wouldn't you? Me turning into a blubbering baby."

 Suddenly, the Contessa's cries of discomfort filled the air, "Ouch! Will you let go of me!"

 A unfamiliar voice snapped back, "Where are you taking me, you little squirt? I knew you were stringing me along, trying to get me away from the house...away from this---."

The Contessa and a plum looking man appeared into the clearing. This man, I never seen before. However, he sounded nasty and nile. He was holding onto the Contessa's long blonde ponytail, then let go after seeing the merry go 'round itself.

 He continued on, "From this extraordinary contraption!"

Earl whispered over to me, "Who is that?"

 I replied, "Not a friend of ours for sure..."

 We both looked down at the scene below us. Everyone was glaring at the man who moments ago made his presence known.

Scipio straightened up and rested his arms behind him, "Signore Barbarossa, what for heaven sakes are you doing with the Contessa?"

 Barbarossa? That's the man who apparently had the sneaky idea to give the gang fake money, and ratted out their hideout. I took in the man's appearance. He had a red bread, a large nose and was wearing a rick purple suit. He had that sleazy vibe to him.

 Barbarossa looked down at the small Contessa confused, "Contessa?"

 The Contessa looked up sharply and replied in a bitter tone, "Yes, CONTESSA!" She walked over to the group.

 "I assume that you are here the for the same reason we are here at this late hour. To experience the famous magic of this merry go 'round."

 It seems Scipio has gotten very confident after taking that ride on the merry go 'round. Barbarossa smiled wide and walked around us, staring at the contraption in amazement.

 "The real merry go 'round from the Merciful Sisters? It must be worth a fortune!"

 Conte snapped, "But not for sale..."

 Barbarossa ignored the Conte's comment, and turned his attention to us, "Do you CHILDREN plan on riding the merry go 'round too?"

 Earl replied smartly, "No. However I think you may want to, the years seem to be catching up on you OLD man!"

 I snickered at Earl's comeback. What? It was true. Scipio smirked at Earl's comment and said to Barbarossa,

 "Yes, why don't you try it yourself?"

 He lead Barbarossa to the platform and gestured for Earl and I to get off. After our feet landed roughly on the dirt grass ground,

 Barbarossa asked, "Which...-uh- ANIMAL should I mount?"

 "I would suggest the lion."

 Aw. I was secretly thinking he would say one of the sea animals, that way Barbarossa would become so old that he would have to be sent to a home. I guess things never come easy.

 I watched Barbarossa roughly sit on the lion.

 "Excellent! I'm ready for my little test drive!"

 Scipio smiled slyly, "You heard him. Let's give him the ride he deserves..."

  ----------------------------

 After both the Conte and Prosper quickly turned the wheel, the platform started to move. It would pick up speed every second, the same smoke appeared, the wind was more harsher than ever. We simply ignored Barbarossa's cries of terror and 'I'm gonna be sick!' and just kept watching. Ah, I see what's going on. He's going to be on for so long that Barbarossa would turn into a baby. And Earl thought it was going to be me. Nonsense.

 Suddenly, the merry go 'round started to spark more than usual. That's strange...

 Earl shouted, "It's gonna blow!"

 How...right he was. For next, the wheels popped out of the merry go 'round, soon everything else went flying out shortly after. One by one, the figures were thrown to the ground. The Conte shouted in terror. I couldn't blame him. Huge fireworks erupted into the sky, fires started to develop on the ground.

 "NOOO!!! MY MERRY GO 'ROUND! AFTER ALL THE TROUBLE WE WENT THROUGH!!!"

 The rest ran forward staring wide eyed at pieces of the merry go 'round. There was no magic left. Now it is only a few wooden figures and wheels laying carelessly on the ground. The platform titled to its side suddenly, with a huge 'thud'.

 "THAT FAT PIG BROKE MY MERRY GO 'ROUND!"

 Where was Barbarossa anyway? Is he....?

 Earl pointed over to the rubble of burnt wood, he laughed cheekily, "HA! LOOK!"

 A small figure appeared. It was edging closer to us. When it finally met the light, I gasped. For there, was a bald baby. He was wearing a oversized suit. Suit....BARBAROSSA?

 A tiny voice came from baby Barbarossa, "Oh my god! That was the ride from hell!"

 The Conte stepped forward, "Look what you did! Destroyed the thing I have searched many years for!!!"

 Baby Barbarossa defended, "It just wouldn't stop! Look at what it done to me! I'm a respected man!"

 I muttered, "The only thing you'll be respected for now is modeling diapers."

 Scipio commented, "Can I at least recommend a better tailor."

 -----------------------------

 We bid our farewells to the depressed Conte and Contessa, and traveled back to the boat. It was Earl's job to have baby Barbarossa get on it. After many attempts...and bites, Earl got fed up and picked up Barbarossa by the waist, almost throwing him in the boat.

 Scipio maned the wheel as everyone was seated, "Hold on tight!"

 With that, he sped off quite quickly.

 



© 2009 MuSiCFreak8899


Author's Note

MuSiCFreak8899
there's going to be at least three chapters left!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on August 20, 2009
Last Updated on August 20, 2009


Author

MuSiCFreak8899
MuSiCFreak8899

In Your Imagination.



About
Hello all, I'm Taylor. September 12th is when I blow out the candles. My hobbies are music, writing, reading, sleeping, photography and anything else that is incredibly rad. Vintage and .. more..

Writing