Nap Times And Realizations

Nap Times And Realizations

A Chapter by MuSiCFreak8899
"

Barbarossa needs a nap and Scipio reveals himself.

"

 I clutched onto boat's edge, "Yeah, Scipio, mind if you slow down a little bit?"

 Scipio glanced back at me, "Indeed Miss Storms, my deepest apologizes."

 As he slowed down I stared at him. Seems like his appearance is not the only thing that has changed. I glanced over to Earl who was basically having his own battle with Baby Barbarossa. Practically the baby from hell.

 I heard Prosper whisper, "I wonder if they found a way to get Bo back yet..."

 Scipio reassured, his eyes focused ahead of him, "They probably did Prop, don't you worry."

 Chuckling to myself I stared down at the passing water below us. The others will probably freak out after seeing the new transformed Scipio. He used to be rude, cocky...and well short. Now he's tall, handsome, still cocky, more powerful and a little more polite. Maybe Earl should have gone on the Merry go 'round too...it would have probably gotten rid of his Star Wars obsession.

 In the background I heard Earl's cries of pain for Baby Barbarossa had bitten him again.

 ---------------------------

 Soon, to Earl's happiness, we arrived back at Ida's house. Scipio turned off the boat and turned around to me.

 "Ladies first."

 Oh here we go again. I rolled my eyes and jumped out of the boat, almost tripping and falling into the water. Smooth...Penelope...just SMOOTH. Earl let out a loud laugh while Scipio just smirked.

 Straightening myself up, I snapped, "Okay... so are we just going to go through the window again?"

 Baby Barbarossa piped up in his highly annoying voice, "As if! I'm not going through a window!"

 Earl rolled his eyes and put his hand over the baby's mouth, surprisingly the Barbarossa didn't bite back, just huffed and started struggling. That 'baby' needs to be sent to the orphanage QUICK!

 Scipio and Prosper hopped out of the boat, however Earl stayed inside.

 "Why don't you come out?" I asked.

 Earl whined, "Can't we just leave this blubbering baby out on the boat."

 I rolled my eyes, mocking Barbarossa's words, "As if."

 Scipio ordered, "We'll just go through the font door of course, that's what it was invented for!"

 Here comes the 'witty' sarcasm. Seems like the gentlemen act comes and goes.

 After convincing Earl to come out with the baby, we all ventured towards the front.

 I asked, "Knock the front door royal king?"

 Scipio did as I said, "Well of course, we don't want to give the others a near fright now will we?"

 Earl muttered, "Near fright..?"

 Prosper gestured us to pay attention for the door had opened to reveal Ida. Well duh, it's her house.

 Ida exclaimed, "Where have you been, I didn't wake up the others because they would get scared on where you went off to!" 

She motioned us inside, however not before giving strange looks at the older Scipio and younger Barbarossa.

 We gathered in the kitchen, Ida started to make a batch of tea. Scpio being the 'adult' he is decided it was okay for him to grab a bottle of wine and pour some for himself. Well, no one will know what his real age is...because of his appearance...how sneaky.

 Suddenly, Victor barged into the kitchen with a sleeping Bo in his arms.

 Prosper jumped up, "Bo!"

 Victor hushed him and whispered, "The little lad is sleeping, I found him in the Stella after running away from your aunt and uncle, he needs a little rest."

 Prosper hesitantly nodded, the little family reunion would have to wait till the morning. He however did follow Victor in the living room to settle Bo on the couch.

 Ida finished the tea and carefully set it on the table, after doing so, her full attention was on Scipio,

 "I'm sorry, who are you?"

 As Earl grabbed a cup, Scipio gave her a cheeky grin before sipping his wine, "Don't tell me you don't recognize me?"

 Ida's eyes narrowed, "Scipio?"

 His eyes twinkled as his grin widened, "In the flesh."

 "But--but how?"

 I replied, "It seems like the old merry go 'round really works."

 Ida was too over come by shock to even utter another word. It seems like she really wanted to see the magic merry go 'round in all its glory for herself.

 Earl added in, "Yeah, its a shame that the merry go 'round broke down after this BABY over here went on it."

 He proceeded to gesture to Baby Barbarossa who grabbed the wine bottle for himself and gave himself a taste. Bad boy. He needs a time out.

 Victor returned to the kitchen, about to start up a conversation with Ida, until he noticed the adult Scipio.

 Astonish filled his voice, "Tell me there is some kind of look like convention..."

 Scipio got up and smirked, "It is indeed, me, Scipio."

 Earl rolled his eyes and spotted Barbarossa getting seconds on the wine. With one quick motion, he grabbed the bottle out of the baby's hands.

 "That's enough of that."

 Ida and Victor FINALLY turned their attention to the grumpy baby,

 Ida said slowly, "And who is he..?"

 Barbarossa let out a giggle and commented at Victor, "Big nose."

 Victor, who was offended by this insult, slightly touched his nose and snapped, "Who is this midget?

  Baby Barbarossa stood up in his chair and glared down at the pair,

"I am Ernesto Barbarossa. I am a successful and honest business man, and enjoy the respect of this fair city! And who might YOU be?"

 Okay, this baby needs a nap.

 



© 2009 MuSiCFreak8899


Author's Note

MuSiCFreak8899
yes, no, maybe so?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on August 20, 2009
Last Updated on August 20, 2009


Author

MuSiCFreak8899
MuSiCFreak8899

In Your Imagination.



About
Hello all, I'm Taylor. September 12th is when I blow out the candles. My hobbies are music, writing, reading, sleeping, photography and anything else that is incredibly rad. Vintage and .. more..

Writing