We Don't Live

We Don't Live

A Poem by ReedWrite
"

Deep thoughts for a Friday

"


We don’t live our lives in black and white,

Or at least, we were never meant to.

The world’s alive with a vibrant energy,

Full of people that pulse in every hue.

 

We don’t live our lives inside a box,

Or at least, that was never the plan.

The world’s a kaleidoscope of individuality,

As unique as a snowflake, or grain of sand.

 

We don’t live our lives immersed in hate,

Or at least, love's supposed to conquer all.

Still we bury our conscience and carry on,

Unaware we're headed for the ultimate fall.


© 2017 ReedWrite


Author's Note

ReedWrite
Not sure what I'm trying to say here...the words are in my head, trying to get out...this is pretty rough atm. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I taught U.S. history for quite a few years. I always tried to stress the strengths that are to be found in individuals, no matter what race, religion, ethnic background, that have contributed to our great nation. I always had difficulty with the calling of America ,"The Great Melting Pot."

I felt a "melting pot" reduces all the elements in it to the lowest common denominator. Instead I tried to portray us as a gigantic mosaic where each group brings their uniqueness and through all of it manifests a "work of art" a 'nation' the likes of which the world has never seen before.

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

ReedWrite

7 Years Ago

Great way to look at it...a gigantic mosaic. Thank you for the read and review.
Dave

7 Years Ago

You are more than welcome. I expect to be reading more of your writing.



Reviews

Humans should evolve and adapt as life does. It is full of many surprises and wonders that unfolds as we experience. We all have short times on this Earth, so let us use it in good fun and live wisely. We should have a balance between individuality and grouping and not go into extremes in both direction. We are, as individuals are part of the whole, which we can affect and which it can affect us. Like they say: Live as if your last day. In other words, what will you do different or live differently if you have time constraints. An excellent write...:)..............

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ReedWrite

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Sami! Appreciate your thoughtful words and that you took time to review this piec.. read more
Sami Khalil

7 Years Ago

You are welcome. ...:::::)))))
I hear ya. We can never truly be free until we all unmask whatever judgements have been handed down to us and start to think for ourselves. Like a poem or a story, no matter how green the field is, or how golden the wheat looks, nothing will bring it to life more than running through it barefoot yourself, sensing and experience it completely.
We should also stop disagreeing about things much bigger than us and just agree to be considerate to all and not judge others so harshly and divisively.
Life is fluid, living is fluid, so why don't we be fluid too and adapt and find solutions, rather than just saying No and not listening.
At least that is thine humble opinion, and I like :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ReedWrite

7 Years Ago

Thank you, Nemo! I love what you said...life is fluid...living is fluid. So true, and how beautifull.. read more
Lorry

7 Years Ago

Big hug back :)
I think that there is a great desire to be accepted by our peers, to fit in and do what they are doing (perhaps because they are doing the current view of what living is).
To be different is to step into the spotlight. The falcons and sharks like spotlighted prey because they know that when the shoal goes left the 'individual' more than likely right, or when the flock goes up, the 'individual' goes down - each movement of 'individuality-based' decision puts the loner in danger. Living is dangerous.

OMG - The Eagles are on the radio...
:)


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ReedWrite

7 Years Ago

LOL...awww...so it all boils down to the predator/prey relationship...and true. Predators like those.. read more
D Connolly

7 Years Ago

bite back. make them think twice :)

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1233 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 20, 2017
Last Updated on April 10, 2017
Tags: love, life, acceptance, respect, appreciation, differences, diversity, cooperation

Author

ReedWrite
ReedWrite

Omaha, NE



About
After a decade trapped by distractions, I'm pursuing my passion once again. I come from a military background...a Navy brat...and my father (now deceased) and brother, are both published writers...so .. more..

Writing
IF IF

A Poem by ReedWrite


Who Am I? Who Am I?

A Poem by ReedWrite



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


IF IF

A Poem by ReedWrite