"Witchcraft: The Way of Wonder"

"Witchcraft: The Way of Wonder"

A Story by The Mindful Witch
"

A snippet of a book idea I was working on about the philosophy of witchcraft and magick in general.

"
For years I avoided the word "witch" when it came to self identity after having used it a ton during my teens and early twenties.  Wicca and/or Witchcraft was the closest match to my worldview, but I clung to the "I'm spiritual" identity instead with my Reiki and crystal healing practices and hanging out with New Agers talking about angels. A lightworker's life. The reclaiming of my witch identity came about after watching the changes to contemporary witchcraft over the years. It went from being a supposed ancient religion to a modern creation before finally settling on being both based on it's source material. Each self proclaimed witch spouts off differing beliefs regarding a pantheon, whether God(exists) or is male or female or both & even which magick form is the best in both spelling and practice. It is political, marketable and based on personal preference or a follow the leader mentality. Still I see tremendous spiritual value in it's outline. A system of true transformation and spiritual growth that is clearly capable of being suited to the individual.

© 2018 The Mindful Witch


Author's Note

The Mindful Witch
This is only the beginning of an idea. Not fully fleshed out.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on March 8, 2018
Last Updated on March 8, 2018
Tags: Wicca, Witchcraft, Occult, Pagan, Paganism, Magick, Spiritual, Wizard, Witch