Peacefulness

Peacefulness

A Chapter by Reina

Warm sun, singing birds and a gentle cool breeze that would climb up your back and softly brush through hair. It's a experience that you cannot have when you're sitting inside of the castle. Within the large fancy maze of corridors and doors you hear the soft murmurs of the castle guards, and tenets going about their own lives and responsibilities.

Among the idle chatter and happy whispers, behind a large fancy door two young girls sat on a bed in the middle of a conversation.
"Not to mention that the situation has gotten worse between us and one of our neighboring countries!" A girl with fair skin and reddish-brown hair fashioned into pigtails jumped a little as she announced the outrageous news to her company who only giggled in response to the girl's comment.
"EXACTLY WHY ARE YOU GIGGLING?! THIS IS SERIOUS!" The brown haired girl exclaimed.
"Just when are you ever serious, stupid? I know that the countries' rulers will not declare war. There hasn't been war between any of the neighboring lands around us for 10 years." The girl snickered for a bit, "Hey, Mio, you're not angry that I kinda called you stupid?"
Mio glared at her friend with her crimson eyes and sarcastically retorted "Of course not! I mean like I'm TOTALLY used to you calling me that! You stuck up tomboy!" With that she gave up and flopped onto her fluffy bed. Ren watched Mio with her blue eyes as Mio shuffled to make her gown feel more comfortable, before Ren herself laid down beside her friend, allowing her light blonde hair to sprawl out beneath her, framing her skinny body fit into clothing that looked to be tailored for young boys. With a small laugh she commented, "Now, now the princess of Auorana shouldn't be acting like a angry little child."
"I'm 17, I know what age I am and I act accordingly to it, Ren. But we're friends, I can be myself around you. You know that already." A wave of silence washed over them as they listened to the birds which before were muffled out by their chatter.
Ren looked around at Mio's room. Mio had large balcony door that displayed the veiw of the castle courtyard, village and the forests beyond. Her room was bright with the warm colors of golden and cream. Not to mention her bed covers were satin and so were the cloth that hung from her bed frame. Mio was a princess, she had luxuries and comfort. Tasty foods and servants. 
"You're so lucky, Ren. Sometimes I wish I was you." Mio cut Ren off before sittin back up. Ren was a clerk she sold handmade jewelry, vases, trinkets, and "artifacts" there was nothing "lucky" about that.
"Hey being a clerk isn't the greatest too you know? We have to struggle to make a living." She stated as she blew her bangs to the side.
"Yes it must be tough to con people into thinking things are artifacts or rare." Mio laughed as Ren made a face.
"Isn't my fault my family is good at creating such things. And that the customers can be that stupid." Ren pouted. It was now her turn to glare at her friend, which wasn't quite intimidating as Mio's since her eyes are crimson, while Ren's was a blueish green. Ignoring Ren, Mio quickly got up and walked to her dresser. Where she grabbed a blue object from a drawer. She then quickly jumped onto the bed, her eyes glowed with excitement,
"Anyways, Ren look at this!" She handed the object to Ren.
"What the crap is this junk?"
"It's a dragon's scale!" Mio beamed. Ren on the other hand just looked at her friend like as if Mio's lost a screw, " What's with that face, Ren? I thought you wanted proof that they were real."
"Yeah...well, the proof I was going for was show me the living breathing thing."
"Where would I get a dragon? It's not like they even want anything to do with us."
"Well even more reason to say they don't exist." Ren tossed the scale onto Mio's lap and then quickly stood up and headed to open Mio's balcony doors for air.
"You used to believe they were real-"
"I was a kid who was fed with childish ideals and stories." Ren quickly stated, cutting off Mio.
"...Well, anyways. Ren?" Mio bounded to her feet and hoped to be beside her friend who was enjoying the veiw on her balcony. "Take it," Mio grabbed Ren's hand and placed the dragon's scale flat into her palm. Ren stared at it before clutching tightly onto the scale. It was large, the tips of her fingers barely wrapped around it, she studied the light that reflected on it, it was glossy. She held it tighter as if trying to break it but a quick fact of reality stopped her from doing so. 
The sides were sharp. 
There was a line of blood that trickled down her pale hand. Such a beautiful shade of red, she was entranced by the sight of it.
"You're bleeding!" As if Mio's terrified words broke a spell, Ren flinched before she placed the scale into her pocket and quickly started to lick her cuts as Mio ran off to get a cloth.
"...Grand."



© 2013 Reina


Author's Note

Reina
I wrote this on my phone so sorry if it's hard to understand

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on September 10, 2013
Last Updated on September 10, 2013
Tags: Peacefulness, Dragons, Ren, Mio, Reina


Author

Reina
Reina

Canada



About
Hai I'm Reina... I NEEDED A PLACE TO VENT MY LOVE FOR WRITING. SO TAKE IT??? more..

Writing