Unspoken

Unspoken

A Story by Radad Ibn Nasir
"

A conversation without words.

"
Without her smile, why should I believe in anything good at all? There is no better place to sit, then that seat upon the brim of an eyelid, gazing wonderously into the theatrical cadences of beauty's own perspective. A slight squint, and a dash to the right, fleetingly she speaks her mind through her eyes. It is her art, and silence is her canvas. No spoken words, instead provoking glances that say more. What does this Princess amongst burdened Queens have hidden...That she refuses to reveal? For if only my chance could be once!Then I would follow it with a trail of happily ever after.

Secrets, no doubt. But, no, not of the evil kind. But, the kind that reasons out the truths of all that one sees. The simple, the pure, and the entertained. If Laughter could be expressed in a form of object, it would be the animation of her eyes. Candescent, inviting, but only for further questioning.

Her eyes speak, "Do you see?" I'm reminded that she cant hear my thoughts, but I reply using her special art form which I have easily adapted as my own..

"Only as much as you reveal." Her eyes giggle to my response. My heart at this point is satisfied and waits patiently for death, "For what could be better?" I think to myself, she blinks, my eyes have given me away. I smile aligning my heartbeats to coordinate with hers. She accepts my rythmn.

Her eyes raise and blink once, softly, seductively, as if all the water in the world were still at the same moment and a giant ripple effect was produced. Rings emulate her reach and disappear within mine own. I shudder. She is a master at expression to my knowledge of definition.

"A temptress then?" I suggest with a slight squint that is barely noticed.

"A seeker." She replies with an invitational stare.

To a journeyman's heart, finally a stop worth eternal rest. In the eyes of Paradise I look.

"I have always been waiting for you.." She dips her eyes and takes in my soul. I look to her eyes and take my first physical step towards her never looking away. I gently place her arms to her sides like the gates of heaven and enter. Forever after our view was one.

Truth is in the eye of the beholder.

© 2010 Radad Ibn Nasir


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Okay, I just finished my cold shower. Wow, what a beautiful portrayal of those first blushes of love, then finally, finally... Whew! what a great read.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 16, 2010
Last Updated on October 16, 2010

Author

Radad Ibn Nasir
Radad Ibn Nasir

Youngstown, OH



About
A voice without a canvas is just an echo heard throughout time. Sometimes children ask me to play, so I play. The elderly beckon with wisdom and I syphon. I think I was born an expression... I hav.. more..

Writing