Wait & See

Wait & See

A Poem by Radad Ibn Nasir
"

Two different meanings in the same language.

"

Crazy... because, it doesnt make sense still.

And it never will... She says, "Whatever.." He says, "Chill"
If it happens, then it happens, its not just for the thrill.
Its more like a bunch of moments that they try to fill.

One glass half empty,
The other half full,
A dunce cap on his head
and she, stuck with a fool.

 

Except they never tire of learning, 
The experience is discerning. 
She says, "Its hot" He says, "its burning"
Two voices, one earth...Still turning 

She said, "Ok..your'e smart... thats cool" 
He said, "Yea, another broken rule"
They paused. She sighs, "What do you mean?" 
He spoke, "I'm tired of living in our dreams"

She woke up, but he's still sleeping,
She asks, "What are you thinking?" 
He doesn't reply, because he's sinking...
She prods him again, without so much as an inkling.

© 2011 Radad Ibn Nasir


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very beautiful writing. I enjoy the way you switch up the pentameter with each stanza. It's easy to read, and even easier to thoroughly enjoy. The actual themes you've explored here still leave me going, "hmmm. wow," after three read-throughs. Wonderfully written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I can say you have a great rhyming style and nice verses , very nice and witty poem, written with sense of humor...I like the "easy approach" on the topic of life and relationship...It sounds so much like theater to me, playful but profound in the same time, with a melody and view to a scene of life. :)

:: nour ::

Posted 9 Years Ago


I really like this. The rhyming is wonderfully penned here. It does not overwhelm the meaning to the piece. Remarkable write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Very beautiful writing. I enjoy the way you switch up the pentameter with each stanza. It's easy to read, and even easier to thoroughly enjoy. The actual themes you've explored here still leave me going, "hmmm. wow," after three read-throughs. Wonderfully written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
. brilliant ... disconnects between the closest of people are rampant ... and you've brought them out exceptionally well ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


This writing has given me something to ponder....great flow
Peace

Posted 13 Years Ago


WOW I love it. Congratulations a beautiful read. I look forward to reading more of your poetry. Keep it up.

Mamabear x

Posted 13 Years Ago


your art burns

looking forward to reading more of you

Posted 13 Years Ago


interesting write...first i thought they were drinking...then i thought wait they must be getting high...i don't know this is something to think about nicely done..amazing flow

Posted 13 Years Ago


beautiful! the jingling of the words perfectly matches the emotions expressed.

Posted 13 Years Ago


As this went on I became more riveted, your chose of words are nothing short of perfect, and it creates a scene of emotions, and wonder, I wish only it had continued. For a 23 year old you have a special gift of words, use them, every single day.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

881 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 16, 2010
Last Updated on December 25, 2011
Tags: Couple, love, match, different, wait, see, passion, hurt, misunderstanding, exp

Author

Radad Ibn Nasir
Radad Ibn Nasir

Youngstown, OH



About
A voice without a canvas is just an echo heard throughout time. Sometimes children ask me to play, so I play. The elderly beckon with wisdom and I syphon. I think I was born an expression... I hav.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Gift Gift

A Poem by Robin