The Circle of The Fool & The Wiseman

The Circle of The Fool & The Wiseman

A Story by Radad Ibn Nasir
"

Seperate bounties of personality.

"

          Where there are answers there were questions first. Implications before that and assumptions even before that; a quest of mistaken identity. Quick to thought is a wise man, quick to say is the fool. But a circle drawn out has to be started with a daring point, and must firmly be held by its defining shape through a perfectly aligned end that seems to meet itself unknowingly.

          A fool, a wiseman, and a circle. Can there be harmony with these three things? The fool is quick to love at first sight wanting nothing more but to continue to hold on to his occipital discovery. The wise man is even quicker to love, first the notion, that there is anything to love at all, then comes his reasoning, a list which seems to be as endless as time itself, though never seems short of possibility.

         The circle is in a constant state of awareness, growing and expanding its outlines to fit in its newly aquired knowledges and never throwing out old ideas, instead making ignorance the foundation that its wisdom is built upon. For what could be stronger than building  upon a mistake that will never be forgotten? A mistake that had served its purpose, a mistake that was used as a sacrifice for better understanding. A barrier of safety, but is it of protection or is it mere entrapment?

        The fool's circle, is large and filled with other foolish things, preferring physically adoring ideas, such as love without pain and buildings built upon notions of self-efficiency.
         The wiseman's circle is more defined, everything has a match, a purpose, a place and most important to the wise man an answer.

        Love with sacrifice is a pain that is at the heart of the circle where Notoriety constantly sweeps the limits of the circles innerlines, waiting for its chance to be recognized by anything that opposes. But, most prevailant to the circle, is a hole... dug deep, not downward like a dark abyss but rather into, like a cave with a sealed entrance, which mines through the circle's lines. Here lies Humility, the opposer of notoriety, dwelling inside the unseen defense of the circle. The difference between the Fool and The Wise Man.

         Nothing inside this circle can be seen, but few things from outsied of the circle is let in. With both eyes open, I am suddenly looking from outside of the circle, traveling alone with the sure signs of accountability. I'm no stranger to myself.

© 2010 Radad Ibn Nasir


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Kind of reminded me of the Venn diagrams of my high school algebra...But must the fool's and Wise man's circles ever entermesh, find any basis of commonality, or must they remain wholly estranged? Will the fool never have a flash of un-sought insight? Will the Wise never make a careless blunder? Not an EASY read, but an intriguing concept.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think you must be a wise man

Posted 13 Years Ago


the fool is impulsive...the wise man is repulsive in that keeps things at a distance the things not understood trying to analyze before plunging in ....the circle is seclusive...your writing makes the reader think a rarity at the cafe..you have great philosophical insights...i hope to read more like this

Posted 13 Years Ago


Kind of reminded me of the Venn diagrams of my high school algebra...But must the fool's and Wise man's circles ever entermesh, find any basis of commonality, or must they remain wholly estranged? Will the fool never have a flash of un-sought insight? Will the Wise never make a careless blunder? Not an EASY read, but an intriguing concept.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well I've had to put this one in my library as well.

You write so intimately, as though you're only speaking to me. It doesn't get any better than that.

Thank You

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 17, 2010
Last Updated on October 17, 2010

Author

Radad Ibn Nasir
Radad Ibn Nasir

Youngstown, OH



About
A voice without a canvas is just an echo heard throughout time. Sometimes children ask me to play, so I play. The elderly beckon with wisdom and I syphon. I think I was born an expression... I hav.. more..

Writing