Untimely Manner

Untimely Manner

A Poem by Joseph - Michael
"

There was a real disturbing time for me to deal with the unexpected death and I just thought what if I was the first person to be at the gruesome scene.

"

 

 

Walking Into The Room, Then I Suddenly Stopped

Witnessing The Last Fresh Blood Dropped

Stood Still With Weary Eyes Opening Wide

Saw Her Life Slipping Away For The Ride

Jumped In To Cover Up The Sliced Wrists

Blood Surely Felt Like A Warm Jungle Mist

Across And Around The Floor, I Stumbled

Never Before Felt So Heavily Crumbled

She Didn't Even Bother To Fool With The Gun

That Way, Death Would've Been Quickly Begun

Wondered Why She Didn't Take An Easy Way

Instead Of Taking The Cold And Hard Slay

Guessed She Doesn't Want An Easy Slain

Probably Wanted To Remember The Pain

Leaned Over To Look At Her Blank Eyes

Could Tell That She Didn't Bother To Cry

Her Suicide Would've Been Preventable

But, I Wasn't Anywhere Near Available

On The Floor, Her Blood Have Prevailed

As A Friend And A Lover, I've Truly Failed

 

 

© 2013 Joseph - Michael


Author's Note

Joseph - Michael
This is one of my old writings. I guess I picked this piece to post in order to share and then move on.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I've never been a witness to death and I suppose it is something one can never forget especially if it is someone very close to them. I can only imagine the turmoil one feels, a myriad of emotions that will never go away. This is very descriptive and quite sad. I am truly sorry for your loss. However, you have taken a most important step in the healing process by writing about it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

very deep and powerful piece surprised that i've never read this one before... overall a nice job on this tragic tale....

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

stunningly visual, almost cinematic.
i adore.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

a powerful poem..for me. always keep our loved ones close to our hearts and in touch. wow! death is never easy. life is certainly harder and to chose death. slowly, is agonizing.
Thank you for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tragic. Close and personal to my own heart, as well.
Only he took the easy way out and blew his head off.
His father was first on the scene.

It's been 24 years since then.
I still ask myself, why?

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Suicide is your way of telling God "you can't fire me! I quit!" Great poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow! This is a powerful write here, Never had to go through this situation. So sorry this happened. Very sad write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Sharing something that happened such as this takes strength and courage. When someone dies.. One will always carry the questions of "How could I have prevented this?" Carry the pain and blame in one's heart. But depending on the person's health or feelings.. and what was going through their mind at the time it may not have been prevented. I am so very sorry that your heart had to experience a pain such as this.... I hope that through the realease of your ink, you will be able to move on....

Hugs..

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I've never been a witness to death and I suppose it is something one can never forget especially if it is someone very close to them. I can only imagine the turmoil one feels, a myriad of emotions that will never go away. This is very descriptive and quite sad. I am truly sorry for your loss. However, you have taken a most important step in the healing process by writing about it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Talk about intense!!! very descriptive, memorable, and a great write. sad, but i can understgand. i've been there before. nice to review your work again, it's been a while.

kena

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

613 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 1, 2009
Last Updated on November 20, 2013

Author

Joseph - Michael
Joseph - Michael

Detroit, MI



About
I'm no one special. I'm just a single father in the MMA training to kill the anger and the personal pain in order to move on. Whenever I'm not busy, even with the damn procrastination issue, I try my .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..