Definitions Of Heroes

Definitions Of Heroes

A Poem by Joseph - Michael
"

After seeing how the world had changed and the so-called "heroes" aren't what they once used to be before.

"

 

 

 

 

Heroes?
 
 
 
There Are No Such Thing As Heroes

They All Rise And Fall But Never Win
 
The Ones Who Dared To Call Themselves Heroes
 
Are The Ones Who Are Cocky And Ignorant
 
 
 
There Are No Such Thing As Real Heroes
 
They Always Look At Things Differently
 
The Ones Who Think Themselves As Heroes
 
Are The Ones Who Are The Braves And The Dumb
 
 
 
The Only Ones That Are The Heroes
 
Are The Ones Who Settle The Matters Well
 
Without Breaking Any Of The Sweats
 
 
 
The Only Ones That Are The Real Heroes
 
Are The Ones Who Are Understanding
 
Within Of All Kinds And Types Of Reasons
 
 
 
The Only Ones That Are The True Heroes
 
Are The Ones Who Live And Die
 
For In The Name Of Love And Honor
 
 
 
Who Are My Heroes?
 
They're All Are Dead
 
They All Have Died For Me
 
So I Can Live My Life
 
But, I'm Also Their Hero
 
Because I'm Living For Them
 
 
 
I'm Also My Own Hero
 
Because I'm Still Standing
 
 
 
So, Who Are Your Heroes?
 

© 2013 Joseph - Michael


Author's Note

Joseph - Michael
The reason why I speak out like that is because all of those "fake heroes" and "hero wannabes" have been doing nothing, but pissing me off. If you think I'm wrong about the "heroes", please, do let me know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Interesting...and very similar to my thoughts on the subject of 'heroes'....to me heroes are the ones who do good things and don't realize they are heroes...the ones who don't even think to 'No, I see myself as hero' while putting on a fake smile...if you get my drift...

I'm new here...hope you don't me poping in...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Interesting...and very similar to my thoughts on the subject of 'heroes'....to me heroes are the ones who do good things and don't realize they are heroes...the ones who don't even think to 'No, I see myself as hero' while putting on a fake smile...if you get my drift...

I'm new here...hope you don't me poping in...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like your perspective here

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice. I love this one. It addresses an actual affliction to our society. I too am tired as all hell of the world telling me who my heroes are, who to admire and respect. F**k that. We do live in an age where all real heroes who tried to fight for truth and love are dead. Look at Lennon, not that I particularly like the guy, but his whole stance was to get us all to live together in peace, and sure enough, he got shot. I kind of like the line from The Dark Night, though I'm sure that wasn't an original quote, "You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain." Very much truth in that statement. Excellent poem, that makes one truly think, especially with the final line, asking "who are your heroes?"

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was an interesting view on heroes. Your opinion on what heroes are is different, but that doesn't make it wrong. My heroes are each of the members of my family. They each inspire me in a different way. I like this! Great job!

~Wolfbaby

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

426 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 6, 2009
Last Updated on November 20, 2013

Author

Joseph - Michael
Joseph - Michael

Detroit, MI



About
I'm no one special. I'm just a single father in the MMA training to kill the anger and the personal pain in order to move on. Whenever I'm not busy, even with the damn procrastination issue, I try my .. more..

Writing