The Truth is Blind

The Truth is Blind

A Story by BeautyFromPain
"

T'ill death do us part, is alittle to much for her. Susie finds out her highschool sweetheart, is in fact a monster. Will Susie survive?

"
“You may kiss the bride” the preacher says. Their warm lips touch as they hold each other’s hands. 22-year-old Susie and 26-year-old Michael and have just tied the knot! The high school sweethearts are looking forward to a tremendous life together. But the truth isn’t always clear.. and can be blind.

Susie and Michael wake up to the beautiful sunrise in Hawaii on their honeymoon. Michael hugs Susie from behind as they watch the sunrise, on the balcony. Susie is smiling with such happiness.

“That beautiful smile is all I wish to see every morning, I wake up.” Says Micheal.
 
Susie turns around and replies, “all I need is you by my side.”

A perfect fairytale shimmered through, reality. Susie is learning to surf with Michael and she suddenly speaks.

“My dreams have been fulfilled, forever. I love you..” says Susie. 

Michael replies, “You are like no other Susie.. You’re perfect. I love you too.”

A few more days pass on their honeymoon. Days spent cuddling were her favorites. She felt so serene and at ease, with him. She felt so safe. Nothing would ever conquer their love for each other.

Except, Wednesday afternoon at 4pm. Susie was in bed reading a nice book. Michael had gone to pick up some food for the two. At 5pm, Michael arrives but with no food. 

Susie asks, “Where’s the food baby?” 

Michael approaches her with his fists clenched together.

“Honey? What’s wrong?” Susie says frightened.

"You are spending too much time away from me!” Michael yells out. 

Susie opens her mouth wide.

“Honey, what are you talking about, We have just been married and our together on a honeymoon!” Susie replies with shock.

Michael yells out with his hands in the air,
“I BARELY SPEND TIME WITH YOU!” 

Susie is still confused and yells back, “HONEY, WHY ARE YOU BEING ACTING THIS WAY?!” 

Michael punches a hole in the wall with his fists. Susie is very scared and nervous. She gets out of bed and walks to the door, as calmly as she can.
Michael blocks the door for her not to leave. 

He speaks with fire in his eyes, and anger in his voice.
“You aren’t going anywhere…”

Susie backs away with her trembling feet. 
With nervousness in her voice she says “Michael… I have never seen this side of you!” 
Michael yells out “BECAUSE IT HAS NEVER CAME TO THIS!”

Susie runs to the closet, and holds the doors shut. Michael runs to the closet and tries to open it. 

“COME OUT SUSIE! I WON’T HURT YOU!” Michael yells.

Susie yells, “REALLY?” 

Michael nods and says, “Of course not baby, I love you.”

She opens the closet very slowly with tears in her innocent eyes. Michael holds out his hand and says with a soft tone “come on.” Susie grabs his hand, and he yanks her up. 

With all his fury he says, “LISTEN TO ME, YOU B****! YOU NEVER HIDE FROM ME AGAIN, YOU HEAR ME?!”

Susie’s eyes grow wide and watery. She is petrified with his actions. In all her years she had been with him, he had never showed this inner beast. He was no longer the “sweetheart” but the monster. She married a monster!

Michael lifts her up from her skinny arms, and bands her to the wall. He yells out, “I SAID DO YOU HEAR ME?”

Susie tries to catch her words, but stutters, “I-I-I… GET AWAY FROM ME!!!”

With all her might she tries to break through his arms. She throws a tantrum.
“LET ME GO!” She cries.

Michael screams directly in her face.
“WHAT DID YOU SAY?!”

She replies with such regret in her voice.
“I said.. for you to let me-“

Michael suddenly slaps her across the face as hard as he can. She sees the blood on his hand. She was in such utter shock. She now knows that she is indeed in trouble. She cries hysterically pleading for her freedom.

He smiles with pleasure and whispers in her ears, “I love you.”

She lifts up her dangling legs, and punches him to the stomach. He releases and screams, “OUCH! GET BACK HERE!”

Susie runs as fast she can for her dear life. Michael runs after her with his clenched fists. She grabs a kitchen item to defend herself. A pan, she uses to whack him in the head. He gets closer and closer. She goes for the head but he ducks. 

Michael punches her in the arm with his rock hard fists. She weeps and screams, “AHHHHH!”

Susie sees the satisfaction in his eyes. Does he really get pleasure out of this? Susie doesn’t hesitate to run for the front door. Her bare feet pounding up and down, on the tiles full of cracks from his boots, stomping as he runs. Her skinny legs moving left right, left, right, not missing a beat. 

Will she make it to freedom, or be pulled back into the depths of hell? She manages to get a quick glance of Michael, over her scrawny shoulder. He is running towards her, like a raging buffalo. A big smile of evil, on his face. She picks up the pace. Faster, faster, faster, and faster!

A buffalo going after its prey, the scene resembles. This innocent creature has no idea.

As Michael chases Susie something catches his eye from a distance. A baseball on the countertop. He stretches his hand out, to quickly grab it. He succeeds, and quickly throws the baseball in Susie’s direction. The ball is going straight toward her head. 

He yells out to her, "YOU CAN’T ESCAPE LITTLE SUSIE!”

She turns around, knowing something is going to happen. She sees the ball going straight to her face. Her mouth wide open, and in such awe, she is paralyzed. The ball has succeeded the path Michael wanted. She falls to the ground.

Susie wakes up to Michael icing and petting her head. She is so confused and asks, “Where am I?”

Michael replies,“Relax, you fell down the stairs and had hit your head. I’m here now. So glad you’re okay."

She scratches her head. She doesn’t recall that. She doesn't even know where the stairway is. She ponders and wanders around in her mind.
Suddenly her eyes grew big. She saw everything that had happened flickering in her mind. Michael, the monster and the beast. She sees it all in slow motion. Her running, with tears and blood down her face, while Michael is seen behind chasing after her, with such anger.

She shakes her head to wake up. She realizes that the nightmare is real. Her eyes begin to get watery, from such disbelief. Knowing that she is in a state of danger, she uses her sneakiness to escape. 

Susie speaks, “I’m going to the bathroom.”

Michael replies, “Why? You need to relax babe. You are confused.”

Susie demands to be able to wash her face, since she is “confused.”

She walks toward the bathroom down the hall, and looks from behind. Michael is poking his hand out from their room, with a very hard look. As she gets to the bathroom door, with her hand on the knob. She makes a sharp left turn running. It leads her into the living room, where she sees the front door. Michael then ran after her once more, like before. 

Susie see’s the circular window on the door, full of bright sunshine. She opens the door. Freedom! She smiles and has tears of joy. A neighbor is already outside, and she calls for him. 

“HELP! HELP! HE’S TRYING TO HURT ME!”
Michael turns around and heads back inside. He packs for his escape. The police arrive to the house, but they see no traces of him being here. Everything is gone, except Susie’s things. 

 Knowing this abusive man is on the loose, she continues the investigation on her own. Everyone is in denial except her. 

She remembers the day perfectly like no other. Every morning, when she looks in the mirror, Susie sees a big bruise on her face and repeats to herself….
He was here..”   

© 2011 BeautyFromPain


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a perfect example of how people are usually not how we percieve them to be. We may see them one way, but are afraid once they show an unknown side. We can't assume we know someone simply because they tell us stuff about them or anything, we must dig deeper and find out who they past were and what certain things made them into the person they are today. It takes time, but we must be patient in order to figure out the truth about someone.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wooooow. This is a magnificient piece! I just couldn't take my eyes off of it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a perfect example of how people are usually not how we percieve them to be. We may see them one way, but are afraid once they show an unknown side. We can't assume we know someone simply because they tell us stuff about them or anything, we must dig deeper and find out who they past were and what certain things made them into the person they are today. It takes time, but we must be patient in order to figure out the truth about someone.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

523 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 26, 2011
Last Updated on November 26, 2011

Author

BeautyFromPain
BeautyFromPain

FL



About
Hello, I'm Bryanna.. I am 18 years of age. I enjoy writing and reading very much, as you may notice. My passions are psychology, anthropology, neurology, psychiatry, and linguistics. My inspirations a.. more..

Writing