Nightmare (prologue)

Nightmare (prologue)

A Chapter by Revera Love
"

Deep seeded dreams of the past

"

Lights flashed above as the scent of blood filled the air. "You don't belong here. You never did." The white wolf's voice sang like sunshine after a heavenly rain. Behind her, an equally beautiful white wolf was still dripping the last of her blood. "No... Cyrus...I belong with you."

Trojan's voice was only in his mind. Desperately he tried to make his thoughts known. He wanted to beg her to stay with him. The pull of the Moon Trail was strong but their love was stronger, surely!

"Cyrus." He spoke to the gleaming ghost. She made no move to him of understanding or loathing. The white wolf was silent. Her eyes moving on, to the wolves that shivered around them. Their eyes were wide with terror as she spoke. "You will become that which you hate. Only under Beta's moon will wear the hides you were born." Suddenly howls of pure terror and pain rang around them. Where wolves once stood now were a pack of furless Man. Their howls echoed through the night. Creatures turned to demons of the Red Moon. Cyrus's power had become truly awesome.

"Cyrus, please come back to me." He heard himself. Why didn't she look to him? Did she not hear? "Cyrus?!" Her eyes flashed his way, their gleaming orbs now a deep crimson scar. He yelped and pulled away. Her voice was harder now. It's cold seeping from her breath into his very being. "You don't belong here. You never did."

HIs ears pinned. "Cyrus." Below him the ground shook. Cold ice broke in a lightning zigzag between them. Two fearsome figures stood at both sides of his mate. One was as beautiful as she and wearing a coat of pure silver. The other was a massive golden male. "Move on Trojan." They all said. The cold is creeping in on all sides. Steaming and seething beneath his thin prairie wolf pelt. "Move on."

He growled and dropped his head to protect his throat as he surged forward. "I won't!" He howled. Under him the sheets of ice cracked. He continued to run. Farther...farther... each beat of his heart pushed her farther away. The ice, shattering, falling, darkness....

***

"NO!"

Trojan howled as he was ripped from his slumber. He bounced to his paws on the gunny sack sending two red balls of fluff tumbling down to the empty ground. "Daddy!" Little Athena yipped from her position on her side. "That was mean."

She lifted a paw to her sleepy eyes and rubbed the sand that clung there. Her radiant red fur was even stronger than her father’s crimson sheen. Trojan smiled at his adorable daughter. He'd come so close to losing her. If not for Buck, she would have died last spring.

"What's wrong with you Dad?" Montezuma, Trojan's son barked shaking out his fur. The small red male sighed and stood. "I'm sorry pups. It was just a dream. Go back to sleep."

"Not much chance of that now." Monty said in his cheeky way. Trojan sighed and brushed his nose across his son's crown. "Don't be catty pup." He barked with a lick. Monty wriggled from under his father's tongue and nipped his chin. "I'll be who I want Daddy and you can't stop me!" He barked not unkindly. Trojan rolled his eyes and yawned. "Oh I'm so tired..." In a moment Monty was squashed under his father's hind quarters. Trojan's eyes sparkled as his son laughed. "Dad get off." He barked. Trojan grinned and turned to his son. "If I can't tell you what to do then you can't tell me. Fair is fair right?"

"Oh get off him Daddy." Athena barked with a giggle. "You'll squash all the ugly out of him and then I won't have anything to tease him about." Trojan couldn't help but break a grin at his strange adorable daughter. "Alright. I'll leave him to you then." The father lifted himself to his paws and watched his litter pelt after each other down toward the cloth huts of Man Packs den.

Now alone he began to think on his dream. Once more he tried to comprehend her words. Cyrus's thoughts were always strange but to say he didn't belong? That he should leave? His pups were to be the first dogs. They were the bridge between the first and second world but what about their father? Where did Trojan fall in Cyrus's plans?

His eyes wandered to the sun rise. It's pale pink and purple sight making him shiver. Summer was coming around. It would have been his first with a mate at his side. He wanted to share a run with her again and howl to Beta's moon. He wanted to show the pups how to hunt with their mother. "Cyrus..." He whispered, imagining her golden eyes were looking on him from the Dog Star. "Why did you have to go?"

"Trojan?" The red wolf looked up into the deep green eyes of Alabazandria, the alpha female since Cyrus died. "Are you alright?" Trojan smiled and nudged her chin respectfully. "I'm Fine. I just miss her." The green eyed beauty nodded. "Me too. Even if we weren't on the best terms she was still amazing." Trojan smiled and pawed his alpha. "You have no idea. I wish I could see her again."

The black wolf smiled sadly. "You will, you just have more to do. Have you thought about what you’re going to tell them?" Both wolves looked down the slope to where Athena and Monty wrestled with the soft skins Man Pack had no doubt set aside for something important. "What can I say? They'll want to follow me. It's not their destiny."

"When will you go?"

"Soon."

 



© 2013 Revera Love


Author's Note

Revera Love
Please let me know if you can kind of get the back story for this. It's directly related to an already published novel.

Version 2. 3rd person limited.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Not bad, but the chapter is a little short and I'd suggest you take this a little slower than you are currently, since it's somewhat brusque and confusing as it is. The story is fine, I suppose, but make sure you avoid passivity and you might want to consider writing this in past tense - the present tense makes it sound a little odd.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Revera Love

11 Years Ago

I agree. This is someting I popped out in about 30 minutes. I usually write in 3rd person and past t.. read more
Revera Love

11 Years Ago

Edited it with your critique in mind. I think it sounds so much better :)



Reviews

OMG. AWESOME AS ALWAYYYYYYSSS!!! ♥ ♥ I feel bad for Trojan and I totally love Monty >:D Cute little red fluff Athena is adorableee :3 :3 ♥ - See more at: http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/ReveraLove/1132948/#sthash.GiqBA8OM.dpuf

Posted 11 Years Ago


Revera Love

11 Years Ago

Kitty!!!! You're here too???? I gotz my daughter on board!!! I'm so glad you like it :) I hope it co.. read more
Farah Parker

11 Years Ago

Of COURsE it will! Its YOU whose writing emmm!! I loves you toooo!!
Nice! I have to agree it sounds much better now then it did before!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Revera Love

11 Years Ago

Thanks Shadow. This is how I will write it then. If I could do a chapter a day I could be done prett.. read more
Not bad, but the chapter is a little short and I'd suggest you take this a little slower than you are currently, since it's somewhat brusque and confusing as it is. The story is fine, I suppose, but make sure you avoid passivity and you might want to consider writing this in past tense - the present tense makes it sound a little odd.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Revera Love

11 Years Ago

I agree. This is someting I popped out in about 30 minutes. I usually write in 3rd person and past t.. read more
Revera Love

11 Years Ago

Edited it with your critique in mind. I think it sounds so much better :)
This is starting out amazing Rev. I can't wait to read more! Please let me know when you update this?

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Revera Love

11 Years Ago

You've got it. :) Thank you for reading.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

330 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 27, 2013
Last Updated on February 27, 2013
Tags: dream, wolf
Previous Versions


Author

Revera Love
Revera Love

About
I'm a 19 year old published author of the new novel Legend of Cyrus. I love Wolves to death and actually am the admin of the role playing site Shadow Keepers. If you want any more information on that .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Revera Love