A day in the life of Eli Foxx: A rocket

A day in the life of Eli Foxx: A rocket

A Story by rex eynon
"

eli goes to school for the first time in weeks. well starts going before being side tracked by his crazy uncle. one thing leads to another and eli is shot into space in a rocket ship!!

"

‘T-H-L-U-R-P!’

The sleeping boy wakes suddenly from a kiss covering his face from his pet, jumping up enraged.

‘STUPID CAT! What do you think you’re doing. Its too early’ eli blasts out in his stripy friends direction.

Its so early. I was hoping for at least another 4 hours so I could miss school. I hate that cat.

After the slobbery resuscitation act from his snowy colossal kitten eli crawled out from under the toon themed bedsheets to the warm, soothing air of his chamber. He managed to stumble off the side of his cot to fall face first on the bloodshot bridge beside. This was lucky because Eli’s bed lies on a small island above a clear pool of fresh water. Landing anywhere else would produce a soaking for eli.

His eyes slowly adjusted to move up from two paws the size of dinner plates towards dark filled stripes striking across a blank canvass. ‘I was meant to have another couple of hours. Now am going to HAVE to go to school’ the boy groaned to the feline.

Ethan looked in eli’s direction with tangled eyes before yawning and strolling across the bridge towards the kitchen.

He thinks he’s so smart but he isn’t. if I wasn’t here he would have to go out and hunt, and he’s completely useless at that.

Eli made hard work of fighting to his feet then staggered across the join between sleepy heaven and the unattractive dinge of the real world. Well in elis eyes. Once across the deep blue, below his floating cradle, eli entered the brightly coloured orange and yellow room full of counters and utensils of all kinds, to reach the shiny foodbox. He reached inside the chiller to produce half of a goat, frozen in a see through bag, then tore open the bag to feed ethan.

Awww. How does he eat this. This thing stinks. Maybe I should change his diet to something more attractive for me.

After seeing his tiger was content with the food, eli escaped to begin his morning preparations. He changed from pj’s of a ruby colour with neat black lining into his daytime clothes which consists of shadowy shorts ending just above the knee, a dark blue tshirt with white trimming that matched the hood on the back and a pair of well used previously white trainers with navy detailing put on over black socks pulled halfway up his calves.

Eli then takes his toothpaste pill and heads to the exit of his reasonably large flat. The exit is based in a small room maybe 2 square meters in size. There is a small key on the wall facing the rest of the flat that needs turning. Then eli has to stand on a red ‘X’ marked on the ground before winding a handle on the left hand wall around and around. This makes a jolly little jingle, and when the tune is up ‘BOING’ up shoots eli several feet In the air.

Soaring gracefully towards heaven makes eli seem more comfortable than normal, almost tranquil without a care in the world. Once about 20 feet up, eli casually reaches behind him to unclip a transparent board that rainbows glide across when moved through the beams of the sun. once at the peak of his flight, about 30 feet, he throws the board below him and switches it on to begin hovering forwards.

The morning conditions seem perfect for flying. The great fireball of the sky gleams around a vibrant city full of high soaring towers. Circles, rectangles and hexagons couloured green, yellow, purple, and orange are dotted all over this picturesque scene. The sapphire sky blankets the town with a slight morning chill to the wind keeping the heat of the sun at bay.

This is awesome. Flying in the morning is the best. Nobody around to annoy me and the conditions are perfect. I cant believe its in the direction or yorn-ville though. Must have been a week since I last went.

Eli’s flight is calm and controlled, moving at a steady speed between masses of vibrant buildings, elevating far beyond sight. A soft breeze caresses eli’s face carrying  the scent of bobs pizzeria. The comparatively miniscule, red and purple hut is unoccupied this morning making the flight quieter than normal where he usually needs to dip and dodge various flying foods from the giant ice cream scoop attached to the hut (say attached, the size of it makes it seem more like the hut is attached to the bottom of the catapult). Eli continues through the bright yellow, blues and oranges with hands in pockets, so relaxed he seems almost at rest. That is until he comes to a mismatched scene to the calm that has been. Vigorous splashing and screams echo around marine lagoon, an epically proportioned fish tank holding various aquatic species. The commotion is being produced by the pools giant squid making his weekly appearance with the ‘lagoon patrol’. Eli ignores it as usual.

its just looking for attention. We should just chop off its legs and make some squid sushi, would save the town heeps of trouble.

Maybe the monster knows of elis disliking towards itself, flailing in his direction in attempt to strike the young boy. Eli ducks, turns and dodges all of the attacks making his way past the squid looking just as calm as before.

Stupid octopuss

After the chaotic scene from the lagoon, Eli glides on without a care in the world until he reaches the towns dino-market. an immense t-rex shaped habitat for the buying and selling of colossal reptiles. Here he catches a glimpse of a worried looking man in a white lab coat. This is the first time in the journey that eli looks even half bothered by his surroundings. He reluctantly coasts down into the oversized garage.

Looking around whilst entering, eli can see a cluster of gadgets, gizmos, inventions and tools all shaped oddly altered from the other, all coloured grey, white and black. Once landed eli steps into the sweet raspberry scented area, towards the lab-coat man, looking colourfully out of place.

What’s this idiot done now. Honestly he causes more trouble than he helps with. No wonder father never visits, I wouldn’t with an idiot for a brother.

Hey, professor laimo. Wots up?’ eli murmured to the man in the lab coat.

‘oh eli. Its benefitial that you happened upon my being. Chap, it seems that the great sion test has stumbled upon unfortunate circumstances if you will’ replied elis uncle looking rather upbeat with the arrival of his young nephew.

 he’s probably blown up his dog or something. Does he even have a dog? Well if he did he’d probably blow it up.

‘what is it?’ the boy remarked almost reluctantly.

 ‘oh dear boy. I believe that the prior evening has left me stranded to the spot. Late yester-eve when tinkering with my greatest creation, another of my great creations managed to cause some kind of ruckus. You see, my super-duper-ooper glue trickled a tad keeping me immobile for quite some time’ chirped the great sion test looking almost content with being stuck to the spot.

Hahahahaha this is the funniest thing ever. i hope he’s been sat here all night on his own. This is the best news I could ever hope for. I can’t wait to tell pops.

‘so… have you been stuck here all night?’ eli urged, leaning closer to sion test yearning for a ‘yes’.

 ‘oh, by no means. Aware I was of yesterday as of now I disremembered. I paced by with the misfortune to affix myself earlier today’ the inventor jested almost laughing to himself at his own idiocy.

This is no fair. What a let down.

‘maybe you can assist and whatnot’ insisted sion test seeming very optimistic.

This made eli very uncomfortable. On one hand he could leave his uncle stuck to the ground and make himself very happy, almost ecstatic. But this would make his father very upset meaning another week of intensive training as punishment. On the other hand eli could look deep into his heart and help out his poor uncle get back on his feet and moving, literally. He decided to go for option three which is to help out sion test because he had to, not because he wanted to.

‘what do I do?’ eli reluctantly agreed, hating himself for flying down and getting into this situation.

This is so annoying. He should be left here for his stupidity. But another week of work isn’t worth it. I’d rather be stuck to the ground with glue than a whole week of getting up, doing boring exercises.

‘you see up in the journeyman is the antidote for stickiness. You simply assend, claim then return. Simple’ the great sion test explained happily, pointing in the direction of the journeyman.

Eli looked up at the journeyman, an oversized tin can with a cone ontop used for travelling long distances at high speeds. Seeing the size of the thing, and the effort needed to climb inside he deeply exhaled in frustration, then set off through the circular hatch at the base. Once in the control room filled with flashing lights and buttons of a multi-coloured variety he searched for the anti-glue cream. After a minute or so paused in examination eli noticed the cream by the window, above the control panel with the steering stick. He got to his target position to find that he was too small to reach so needed to stand on the chair and reach across the control panel. It was a far enough gap from the chair to the cream to make hard work for a boy as small as eli who needed to stretch to his max to touch it with his fingertips.

Almost got it. Just a little further and….

Eli grabbed the cream but slipped and fell ontop of the colourful dashboard below. ‘launch in 5…4…3…’ it seems that eli knocked a button reacting the launch sequence. He hastily jumped to his feet and started pressing buttons at random to no success. ‘2…1… blast off’ the rocket took off into the air.

Maybe I can turn it round, even if I crash, the idiot deserves it.

The control stick doesn’t work as the rocket is in autopilot set for a specific destination. Eli is stuck. This frustrates eli so much, making him throw chairs, gadgets and tools around the cockpit before eventually sitting down to await his landing.

(maybe have eli press the button on purpose. Will show his mischievious side)

The rocket excelled vertically through a mechanic opening in the roof of the garage. It inclined through the cleansed blue of the morning sky producing a trail of fluffy white clouds in its wake. After a couple of seconds of upward flight, producing a smaller and smaller colourful town below, like an artist’s paint pots have been knocked over, mixing the greens, blues, yellows and reds looking as radiant from the sky than on the ground, the rocket escaped through a metallic tube leading vertically out. Here a silver tube glistens, producing yellow, red and orange swirls, stripes spinning around the rocket as it ascends into space. Space is magical, like a black coloured emptiness that stretches as far as the mind can imagine. Little fairy like sparkles dot around randomly positioned, as though a paint brush has splatted them into the sky. Blue swirls spin radiantly containing more little fairies, this time arranged to stay inside the lines of the picture. A large rock floats above, as holey as swiss cheese, looking like an old man’s broken, wrinkled face smiling towards a dual coloured planet gracefully static. Floating in solitude the blue planet with finely shaped green spots begins to take the shape of alveoli with opaque pods dotted side by side, linked with long vein like tunnels.

It takes the journeyman several hours of space travel to eventually arrive at its destination landing its trio of legs firmly onto a sand bank where the engines halt removing the intense blast of noise from the engines. Eli takes a look out of the see through panel on the front wall to see acres of soft sand, as golden as a crown with small strings of green, gooey grass, purple and grey coloured rocks set randomly along hiding little puddles containing the scuttling reds of tiny crabs. A mass of  sapphire coloured water glides in and out over the edge of the sand blanket as though its slowly eating up the golden grains. A fiery ball glows the most perfect yellow, sitting gracefully in the soft blue of the cloudless sky which meets several miles over the horizon with the crashing waves out to sea. The other side of the golden bed is a small sandy pathway leading through an opening in a dense wooded area. All of the trees are bare from the bottom to about half way up where leaves leap out spreading a cool shade beneath.

Eli hastily jumps to his feet, throwing himself towards the rockets control system. He works on the buttons and switches looking to programme a way home. Several seconds later a ‘beep’-ing noise begins followed by eli falling back into the pilots seat with his hands covering his face. It turns out that the journeyman is out of fuel making it currently immobile.

I cannot believe this. What idiot only fills his rocket for a single journey

After a remorseful period eli decides to get up and check out the area that he landed. He walks across the cockpit and flicks a button for the wall in front of him to split the side in two with the top raising and the bottom descending into steps.

Looking over to the opening in the trees, Eli decides that this is the best place to start and starts making his way over, trudging through the dry sand. At the trees a pathway can be seen which is followed by eli, curious as to its destination. The pathway halts at a collection of bamboo crafted tables and chairs painted in bumble bee stripes with a crimson border. Looking past the tables a small bar can be seen with a similar paintjob as the tables and chairs, where an old-ish looking man stands wearing black trousers and a Hawaiian t-shirt tucked in neatly beneath a  dark leather belt.

Eli walks over to get a closer look to find the man has very soft facial features, eyes that look almost asleep and fluffy grey hair standing up all over the place. ‘hey guy. Don’t often get a human comes round these parts. How can I help you?’ the bar owner retorts.

Did he just say human? What an idiot

‘hey, my rocket landed over the beach and im out of fuel.  Can I buy some please so I can go, this island is a drag’ eli calmly states looking in the bar owners direction.

‘some rocket fuel ay. we don’t often get rockets in these parts either. Come to think of it the last time a rocket was round here was……..then the man……..its really funny actually’ the bar owner drones on boring eli half to sleep.

b-o-r-i-n-g. why wont this guy shut up. What amoron

‘HEY LOSER!! Rocket fuel?’ interrupts eli getting agitated from the old mans long winded story.

‘and then……. Oh. Like I said, we don’t get rockets round here often. What use would I have for rocket fuel?’ the tiki man questions humouously.

This really ticks eli off making him quite angry. ‘no fuel!’ he snaps aggressively. ‘Why didn’t you just say that! I had to hear your boring story of nothing!’ the boy heatedly adds almost attacking the old tiki man.

‘well I’m sorry friend, but we still have no fuel’ the tiki-man softly explains in attempt to diffuse the situation. eli just storms off slumping on a bumble bee chair by a table.

What a complete idiot. I should feed him to ethan, wasting my time with his boring rants. Didn’t even have fuel.

several minutes pass with eli so frustrated that he has shut himself off completely, not acknowledging a couple of rhinos enter the bar dressed up smarty, order and eat a large salad each before strolling off into the wild. When he eventually calms down he reaches to the centre of the table to pick up a menu to read.

Eww, horrible, nope, sounds distgusting, why would you even serve that……. What is that?

Eli decides that he should order a drink since he is stranded for what could be an eternity. He is also  Intrigued by a drink named ‘the taste of the city’ mainly because he thought that nothing in this jungle could be half as useful as something that could be found in his home town, especially the useless old tiki-tiki man, so he decides to call the old man over to order.

‘hey, old guy. I want a drink, whats in this taste of the city?’ eli calls over politely in a very rude manner, almost standing up from his seat as if approaching the man.

The tiki-tiki man strolls over to the table and stqands over eli looking down at the menu. ‘would  a please not kill you?’ he murmers before going off again on another of his rants . ‘kids these days, I remember back in my day……….. manners where important when…….’.

Getting very bored, very quickly eli interrupts the bar owner with a very loud and very clear ‘p-l-e-a-s-e’.

If this old guy rants one more time, I swear I am going to explode

 

 

Eli interrupts

‘p-l-e-a-s-e!’ ELI

If he rants one more time I will explode

‘people used to……. Oh, that’s better. The ‘taste of the city’ eh? Well it is an intriguing one. I learnt it when I travelled……… in the city…….. this time we went to ‘ tiki-man

‘SHUT UP!!!!!’ eli frustrated ‘now what is in the stupid drink?!!!’

The tiki-man now noticing the frustration of his guest ‘it has mango, lime, bolt oil, grenadine and coco butter’ tiki-man

Eli looks at the man astonished

‘did you just say grenadine? The same grenadine that is used to fuel ships in the city?’ eli gritting his teeth

‘oh that is what they run on is it. Well living out here and all I wouldn’t know……….. you city folk……….. whouldnt use a dime’ tiki-man ranting on

Eli bangs his face on the table

this guy is unreal. Clearly the most stupid idiot ever. What idiot doesn’t know a ship runs on grenadine. I cant believe this. I swear he is doing it on purpose. He is a test. I am so close to finishing him here and now. Just one more reason and its done

a few minutes and deep breathes later eli calms to speak

‘just give me 4 litres of grenadine. P-l-e-a-s-e’ eli

‘no problem friend. That is 400 quontas’ tiki-man

Eli reaches into his pocket to find that his quontas card isn’t their. He hastily makes for the ship to find it isn’t their either.

Aww man. This is a nightmare. I must have left it at home.

‘cant find your card aye? Well I can let you work off your dept?’ tiki-man

‘work off my dept?’ eli

‘yes. I have a few errands to run and need someone to run my tiki-tiki-bar. I will give you all the grenadine you need if you agree to watch the place for a couple of hours’ tiki-man

This is a bad idea. Working for the island jester cant be good

Eli exhales deeply ‘deal. What do I do?’ eli

‘all you need to do is wait here at the bar and serve any customer that comes’ tiki-man

Their has to be some sort of catch. Why would someone offer to pay 400 quontas for a couple of hours of work. Its gotta be a trap, but am not exactly in a position to barter.

Eli exhales again ‘it’s a deal’ eli reluctant reaching out to shake

The tiki-man shakes elis hand then makes off into the woods.

 

Eli, who is now fuming makes his way behind the black and yellow striped bar to familiarise himself. It only takes a few moments for eli to get acquainted, the pumps running horizontally across the crimson border on the inside of  the square bar. He also sees a colourful printout, with typing saying ‘menu’. Eli decides that this will only be a waste of time as he will not get any customers, he also thinks that even if he gets a customer they will tell him what they would like. For these two reasons, eli decides to crumple it up an throw it into the bin.

After a couple of solitary hours, with eli laying face up on top of the bar, two formally dressed monkeys enter the area. The first, about the size of a child walks towards a table wearing a dark evening jacket with a dicky bow finishing the look. He is followed by a similar sized female monkey wearing a small red, sequined dress accessorized with a pearl necklace. Seeing this out of the corner of his eye, eli sits up and stares at them confused. His eyes follow them stroll across the floor to a two person table, pull out a chair each and sit waiting patiently.

Still a little confused, eli decides to make his way over, out of curiosity more than anything. He approaches the table from the side, still staring at the well dressed male monkey. A second or two passes, to eli surprise the monkey began screeching in his direction. ‘ooooh! Aaaaah! Oooh oooh aaaah!’ it screamed before turning and facing his female companion.

What is happening? Am I going crazy? It must be that old mans doing, hes doing this on purpose. Anyways, how can a monkey order food? They don’t have money.

To make the situation even stranger, the second elis thoughts stopped, the monkeys both pull out cards, facing them to eli. On them the words ‘tiki-tiki bar tab’ were written in big bold letters with ‘for special customers’ written smaller underneath. Eli decides that they must be authentic as a picture of the old tiki guy is to the side of the card, although in the picture he has a big green afro.

Well, I suppose I should serve them. Cant be too hard to please a monkey.

Eli strolls back over to the bar, muttering to himself to calm down, that this is all a dream. Well, more like a nightmare. Once behind the bar eli looks around for what the monkeys might want.

When mum an dad used to go out, they would order beer or wine, but these don’t seem that old so I probably should keep it clean. Well id order a coke, so that’s what I will get them.

He leans down and collects two small glasses, put 2 cubes of ice in each and pours coke inside until the glasses are full. He then carries the two drink over to the table where the monkeys are still sitting patiently and serves them one each.

The monkeys do not seem impressed. They throw their drinks on the floor, screeching in a very high pitch to eli, jumping up and down on their seats. Eli, notyicing their displeasure, retreats hastily to the bar for a second attempt.

Stupid monkeys. If they wanna act like a human, why don’t they drink a proper drink.

At the bar, eli reaches for a menu, scanning it for an answer. He finds a desert called a banana split. Monkeys like bananas right? This will have to do. Eli follows the recipe to a ‘T’, right down to the cocktail umbrella on top. Once finished he carries them over and serves them to the primapes. Amazingly this is exactly what they wanted, and after grinning cheekily showing all of their teeth, they tuck in. eli walks away as fast as he can, he has already had enough of this bar.

Thank god that is over. The old boring guy must be back soon. Cant wait to get away from this stupid place.

After only a couple minutes of restbite, two more customers enter the bar. These are very elegant elephants, both with expensive necklaces, filled with rubys and diamonds, strolling around in 7 inch high heels. It looked like something from a circus, especially with the amounts of make-up that the two used. Eli couldn’t help but laugh at the stupidity of it all.

Hahaha, they look like clowns. And how do those heels not snap, must be re-enforced steel or something.

Still giggling to himself, eli approaches the elephants who have helped themselves to a table. It seems this table has been specially designed for them as the seats are very big and wide. Once eli approached the table one of the elephants blast a honk in elis direction before showing him her ‘tiki-tiki-bar tab’ card and placing a napkin around her neck (or an elephant sized napkin, it looked more like a bedsheet to eli).

Eli makes his way to the nbar, determioned to get this one right off the cuff.

I gotta get this one right. I think elephants are into flowers or something. Maybe a lettuce, but them they are big, I don’t think the food in the fridge will be enough.

Eli decides the best way to go at this is to go to the jungle and collect some branches from the trees nearby. Once he has collected enough he can carry, he goes back to the bar, runs them all under a hosepipe for a minute or two then takes them over to the giant customers.

Just as the first scenario, this is completely wrong. The elephants are distgusted by elis attempts throwing their napkins on the ground, stamping their feet vigorously and honking loudly at eli. This last a minute or two before they compose themselves, pick up their napkins and raise their heads in a very stuck up manner, refusing to make eye contact with eli. Eli, now very much confused with what just happened, goes back to the bar for attempt 2.

This time eli searches the fridge for answers hoping that the answer will jump out at him.

Well, there is some meats, tomatoes, lettuce, kebab, nuts. None of this is any good, its all human food, and I don’t wanna get angry elephants at me again. Its almost worse than mother. Ahhhh here we go. Mice are always in cartoons with elephants, maybe they want that.

Eli pick up a plate full of swiss cheese from the fridge with a sleeping mouse, dressed up in a little tiny tie, laying on top. He takes this over to the elephants feeling very confident with himself.

The elephants see the mouse and freeze, sat very uptight in their chairs, afraid to move. Eli, noticing their uncomfort decides to wake the mouse, to say hello to the elephants. ‘cmon little guy, show the elephants how tasty you are’ eli says as he nudges the mouse.

Giving out a big stretch, and an even bigger yorn, the mouse climbs down from the cheese and makes his way across the table, not taking the situation into account. Suddenly as he looks up, he sees the two, now terrified, elephants and grins mischievously before blowing raspberry and running at one of the elephants.

All chaos unleashes. The elephants jump out of their heels and start stomping around, honking and hooting, throwing tables, chairs anything around to escape the small mouse who is running around their feet, screaming and pulling funny faces. Eli, who was right bythe elephants now must fight for his life. He jumps out of the way of a foot, then gets nocked over by a trunk, dipping and dodging chairs, and pieces of wood. Ffinally the elephants escape the scene, moving full throttle through a gap in the trees, and through the forest, shortly followed by the mouse, still pulling faces.

’yer, well you should stop eating anyways tubby!!’ eli shouts at the top of his voice to the elephants.  

After this chaotic scene, eli finally got a rest. As well as mumbling to himself about how stupid this all is, and how much he hates elephants, he decided to check out the menu properly for the first time to get an idea what he should do. After several times over, he felt pretty confident, categorising who would like what.

This is when his third party arrived, and a party it was, a party of lion cubs with mother accompanying. Eli looked over at the four little cubs wearing party hats, and the mother wearing a thick fur coat and decided upon the carnivour section of the menu, refusing to go to the table expecting ‘a few roars and a stupid card so they can eat what they want’.

Lets see, carnivour. Tigers are like lions, so something that ethan would like. I normally feed him goat, but I think his favourite is deer. So deer kebabs should do.

Eli got out a leg of deer and cut it up into small cube shapes then put them onto scewers. This was distgusting, their was blood everywhere, the the tendar muscle felt like what eli expected a jellyfish to feel. Once prepared he took them over to the table expecting positive reviews.

But it wasn’t that easy, the lioness seemed very angry roaring, scowling as if eli was her next meal. Hastily he took the plate and attempted something different.

This time he tried goat soup, thinking that they would want a starter, since it is a party. But again roars and growls made for a very hasty retreat to the bar. Eli tried for literally an hour or so. Rabbit surprise, hot and spicy eagle wings, peaking  osteridge with pancakes, boar roast, he even tried the mouse in the cheese again but no takers, the lioness just got more and more worked up constantly licking the cubs for comfort.

His final attempt was a simple chicken curry which again went down badly. This saw eli at the end of his temper, throwing the curry pot into the forest, followed by two chairs and kicked over a table. He started screaming at the lioness ‘stupid cat, what sort of lion doesn’t eat meat!!’ angrily before walking back to the bar sitting down on a stool and slamming his head down on the side.

This is impossible. Lions are worse than elephants. I give up, am gonna be stuck here forever.

At this moment a small lion cub wearing a blue, pointy party hat walks over to eli with a  menu in his mouth, placing it shyly on eli’s lap. Eli, still frustrated grabs the menu and rips it into 4 pieces throwing them on the floor. The cub, now very scared picks up one of the four pieces and again places it shyly on elis lap. ‘I know it’s a menu, it doesn’t matter. Ive tried everything, your stuck up mother wont eat anything on this stupid thing’ eli explains grabbing the menu.

 ‘see nothing here on the “childs menu” suits you’ eli says reading the title.

There is a childs menu!!! I swear I am gonna kill that old geezer.

Eli reads the first thing off the menu, ‘bear burgers’, to the cub who smiles, growls (well his attempt at a growl) and leaps back towards the other cubs looking excited.

Eli quickly prepares four ‘child menu’ bear burgers and takes them to the table. This time the cubs are very happy, making the lioness happy enough to produce a softer roar at eli before he can escape. They quickly eat then, just as the other customers, escape from the scene into the jungle.

At this point the tiki-tiki bar owner returns, emerging from the direction of the beach where eli first entered. He seemed very relaxed, as though a weight had been lifted. Oh and he also had a massive blue Mohawk ontop of his head. After all that had happened, this was worth it. Eli couldn’t help but burst out laughing, pointing at the owner.

‘that is the funniest thing ever. What were you thinking?’ eli blasts, holding his stomach through laughing pains.

The owner, not looking too bothered with elis taunts, walks to the bar and picks up a crate of grenadine. ‘I believe that I owe you this. Not easy running a bar is it guy’ he said light heartedly as though he had proved a point.

‘I never said it was. Ur the idiot, not the bar’ eli replied, taking the grenadine and escaping before he gets into trouble from the state of the bar.

Once back at the rocket, eli opens small circular cap and pours in all 6 bottles of the grenadine then makes his way inside. He presses a few buttons on the dashboard and sets co-ordinates for his uncles garage.

The rocket flies back up through the clear blue sky, into the vast emptiness of space filled with shiney sparkles, and massive circular shapes coloured grey, blue and green, and one so bright it could not be looked upon. It then drifted down towards a giant sapphire pod on earth, through the glimmering tunnel with red, yellow and orange swirly spirals and back down through the opening in his uncles garage. Home at last.

Uncle sion looks over the moon with the return of his rocket, still stuck to the ground with glue. A hatch opens on the side of the rocket and eli emerges with the anti-glue looking pretty annoyed. ‘next time you want someone to fetch your stupid glue stuff, don’t blow your dog up and make him get it’ eli aggressively speaks throwing the anti-glue cream at his uncle then exits the garage on his hoverboard to return home.

Sion test looks very puzzled, holding the anti-glue, staring at the space where eli just left. ‘but I don’t believe I own a canine companion’ he says to himself and attempts to unstick himself.

It is now dark outside, making the flight home a little creepy, but this is one of elis favourite times to fly because nobody is around. The air is still tame with the pods personal environment kepping the temperature pleasant and no stars can be seen through the roof of the pod, but much more comes alive at night. Glow flies are like little flames flickering around, spot lights criss-cross the skies as though looking for a missing person and light up advertising boards replace walls on buildings, extravegently showing bargains in red, green, blue, yellow, all sorts of coloured bulbs beautifly organized. Even the giant aquarium in the middle of town has its sights. The giant octopuss is replaced by squirting whales, wailing tenticles with florescent carp, leaping in and out of the water and water patrol are replaced with 20 hot ladies in swimming costumes practicing synchronized swimming.

once home eli is confronted by an angry tiger who is 2 hours overdue his tea. Eli opens the fridge door and throws his deer leg into the water. Ethan snarls then makes his way into the water to get his food.

A very tired eli takes his toothpaste pill and changes back into his black pjs with a red lining then gets into bed.

Finally some piece and quiet

‘BOOM, CHIGGA CHIGGA, BOOM, CHIGGA CHIGGA, BOOM’

music starts playing very loudly from upstairs. This is gonna be a long night……

© 2013 rex eynon


Author's Note

rex eynon
ignore spelling and grammar issues. this is only a first draft. hope to see if the story seems interesting or not? and highlights are only notes. will not be in full story. it will get better and on that day sea's will pert for the mighty orions belt.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
Added on January 4, 2013
Last Updated on January 5, 2013
Tags: eli foxx, future, fantasy, a whole-new world, rocket, island

Author

rex eynon
rex eynon

north wales, United Kingdom



About
i am a young whippersnapper who is looking for that one thing that could change the world/ or will get me a free mcburger. just writing for fun. i am not really interested in depressing stuff, i pre.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by rex eynon


Xylex Xylex

A Book by rex eynon