Chapter 4- The Picture

Chapter 4- The Picture

A Chapter by Rhonda

   "Hi Lina. How are you?" Majd asked me at my locker the next day.

   "Great, you?"

   "Great too. Did your mom let you have Mustafa?" he said laughing.

   "Yeah, thank God. She thanks by the way."

   "Tell her that she's welcome."

   "Ok."

   "Would you like me to walk you to your first class?"

   "Sure." We started to hold hands.

   "Would you go on a date with me again on Friday night?"

   "Yeah, but you have to tell me where we're going this time." I said laughing.

   "You plan it."

   "Ok. It'll be a surprise for you this time."

   "Now it's my turn to be curious." The bell rung as we got up to my class.

   "Bye Lina."

   "Bye Majd." and he walked off. In class, Dida passed me a note.

   "How was your date?"

   I started to write one back.

   "Good. He bought me a dog and took me to the beach. :)"

   "What kind and what did you name him/her?"

   "A black Labrador and Mustafa."

   "Majd's so sweet ♥"

   "I know :)"

   "I should go to work. Show me him when you can today."

   "Ok."

  

   "Majd, this is Dida. Did, this is Majd." said in the cafeteria during brunch.

   "Hi." Dida said.

   "Hi." Majd replied.

   "I've never seen you before."

   "Me neither, but we probably have." The bell rang.

   "Bye Lina, bye Dida."

   "Bye." Dida and I both said. We walked to third period.

 

   "I have to go on the bus." Majd said after school.

   "Ok. Bye." We hugged and he ran to the busses.

   "Hey!" I heard a voice shout. I turned around and it was those same light-skined people.

   "Yeah! You!" The man was pointing at me. "Come here!" I decided to go feeling stupid.

   "What do you want from me? You've been following me."

   "Honey, do you know who we are?" the woman said.

   "No."

   "We're your mom and dad." she said.

   "No, you aren't. You're crazy. My mom is at home. Leave me alone and stop following me or else I'll call the police." I ran to find Dida so I could get a ride home from her parents. I could hear the man and woman calling me, but I ignored it.

   Dida's parents dropped me home and explained to Mama about what happened.

 

   "Now, you'll be riding on the bus with Majd. They can harm you if you walk home." Mama said to me at dinner.

   "Ok. It's quicker anyway."

   "I'll contact your school to keep an eye out to see if they come back. If they do, the police will be called."

   "Ok." I thought if I told her about seeing them before, then she wouldn't let me go on another date alone with Majd.

   "Now, I must go out to get some things. Stay here and lock all the doors. Mustafa will protect you." Mama said.

   "Alright. Bye." She then left. I went in Mama's room to borrow a hijab for Friday. It was on top of her dresser. After I got it off, a picture fell down. I picked it off the floor and it was a picture of the same peopke with a baby in their hands. On the back, it said "August 8, 1996 Julie and Mike Anderson with Sophie" in Arabic letters.

   "Strange. I guess Mama knows about these people. Maybe they lost Sophie and they think I might be her. Of course, I'm not." I said to myself. I politely put the picture on another pile of clothes on top of her dresser.

   "Should I tell her?" I asked Mustafa who followed me into the room.

   "Of course. You won't talk to me." I said with a laugh. I started to pet him. I really did think about if I should tell Mama or not. I decided to tell her at the right time on the right day. That day just wasn't it after the drama that happened.

 

   "Are you alright?" Majd asked me after he rushed to my locker.

   "You found out? Yeah, I'm fine."

   "Yeah, everybody knows. I'll protect you."

   "Thank you." I hugged him.

   "Will you go on the bus with me, for your safety?"

   "Of course. My mom said that I have to."

   "I don't want anything bad happening to you."

   "Same for you too."

   "I just don't want you to get hurt."

   "Thank you for all you've done for me. I feel truely loved. You're my first boyfriend and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world."

   "When you feel like the luckiest girl in the world, I feel like the luckiest boy in the world." We embraced for along time. I startted to cry after he said that. It was amazing for me. The beel rung and I thought it was stupid for the bell to ring at the time.

   "Let me walk you." he said to me.

   'Ok." He made me forget about the drama happened. We were both the luckiest people on the Earth.

  

  

   

   

  

  

    

  



© 2010 Rhonda


Author's Note

Rhonda
ignore spelling mistakes if any

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the days when we had to impress the woman we wanted in our life. Story is very good. The basic conversation was interesting and useful. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

321 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 21, 2010
Last Updated on February 22, 2010


Author

Rhonda
Rhonda

CA



About
I'm 13. I love to write and I love Arabic music and culture. No, my avatar is not a photo of me! It's a photo of my favorite singer, Nancy Ajram! Yes, I am American! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rhonda


Loneliness Loneliness

A Poem by Rhonda