The Earthquake

The Earthquake

A Story by Rhonda
"

i wrote it for school about 8 months ago

"
I looked at all those cars on the busy road of Cairo, Egypt. The air conditioner was on in the taxi. The temperature felt like over 110 degrees fahreinheit, but it was only 100 outside. The taxi suddently arrived at the Royal Hotel. The letters stood in white. The Arabic letters where on the top.
I handed the driver enough American money. He accepted it surprisingly. I got my luggage from the trunk anxious to meet the group of people in the meeting. I got invited to study in Egypt for 2 weeks. One person from each country did.
As I entered the meeting after checking in, a whole bunch of eyes stared up at me. It was just about to start.
"Hello." our teacher said suddently. "We will be introducing each other. Let's start with this gentleman right here."
He pointed at a young man sitting right next to him.
"Hello everyone. My name is Nour. My hometown is in Egypt."
Everyone introduced themselves. I remembered Nour, Amar from Lebanon, Hamada from Syria, and Lulu from Saudi Arabia the most.
"Hi. My name is Judy. My hometown is in the USA." I spoke.
I was the last person to introduce myself.
The teacher's name was Mr. Koury. He said that he was from Egypt.
The meeting went by and it was finally dark outside. I wanted to go to bed.
I walked out of the meeting with Nour, Amar, Hamada, and Lulu. We talked non-stop until we got up to our rooms. I was proud that I made new friends.
I woke up and got ready quickly to go to the meeting room. We were going to discuss the location of where we were going today.
Again, I was the last one in the room.
"Today we're going to visit the Pyramids of Giza. Probably all of you have heard of them." Mr. Koury spoke.
I was excited. I've always wanted to go see them.
As we went out of the lobby, we saw about 8 vans. They could fit 6 people including the driver.
We got a group assigned to ride with and be at the pyramids.
I was assigned with Nour, Amar, Lulu, and Hamada. Nour decided to drive.
The ride passed by very quickly. Nour knew where he was going.
As we arrived and got out of the van, we looked out at the pyramids with awe. It was amazing, awesome, and beautiful.
We spent an hour touring the places. Our group really good friends. We exchanged numbers. As we were laughing away, all the sudden, a big shake was felt by everyone. It made people fall down, but some people were fortunate, like us, who got under items.
After it hit, the whole ground was cracked in half.
After an hour after an alarm went off non-stop, police walked from the nearest town to tell us that we had to walk to Libya because the earthquake struck all of Egypt. No one could drive.
Hours turned into days. It took a week to walk. As we entered the country after walking through the dry desert, we saw hotels that gave free rooms and shelters.
Mr. Koury decided that we should take flights back to our homes. I decided to give money to my group of friends. I didn't have enough money to give everyone, but I apologised.
They all thanked me walking by.
"Judy, I can't go home. My home in Egypt is destroyed. I don't know what to do." said Nour.
"You can come with me to America."
"Oh, thank you Judy!"

© 2010 Rhonda


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this a lot great job as usual:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like the story. I would like more detail and conversation. Egypt could create many good stories. I went there three times for training. I have some stories. I like the characters and the beginning. More description of a Earthquake would make this a powerful story.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ian
This story was amazing it really captured a visual scene it was nice at first it was all going well and your going to see the pyramids. Until an earthquake struck. Then you had to journey down to Libya. You would make an awesome writter someday.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

318 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 7, 2010
Last Updated on March 7, 2010

Author

Rhonda
Rhonda

CA



About
I'm 13. I love to write and I love Arabic music and culture. No, my avatar is not a photo of me! It's a photo of my favorite singer, Nancy Ajram! Yes, I am American! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rhonda


Loneliness Loneliness

A Poem by Rhonda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Isolation Isolation

A Poem by jhed