Chapter 17- The Truth

Chapter 17- The Truth

A Chapter by Rhonda

   "Thank Allah you're found." Mama said as we walked through the door of my house. It was dark when we got there.

   "Mama!" I ran and hugged her.

   "You guys, I must go. I'll see you tomorrow." Majd said.

   "Thank you so much Majd. Can Lina go on the bus with you?" Mama asked.

   "I'll walk her home from the bus stop tomorrow too." Majd went out the door and walked off.

   "Tell me everything." Mama said.

   "I was walking home from school and I had this strong feeling that someone was walking behind me. I heard footsteps. There were two min in black chasing me. I ran as fast I could, but they caught up to me. They dragged me to a black van and brought me to this abandoned one-story house. I found out it was Mike who was behind the kidnapping. He locked me in a room then took me out to this chair. Julie appeared and kept asking me a strange question."

   "What was the question?"

   " 'What has your mom told you?' I said that they used to be friends with you. Then they asked me what else you told me. I told them that that was all you told me. They thought I was acting stupid to them, so Mike slapped me on both cheeks really hard." I continued telling her the story. After, she looked at me with tears in her eyes.

   "Lina, there's something I have to tell you. "

   "Yeah?"

   "I never thought that I'd ever have to tell you this. I'm not your real mom."

   "What?" I screamed.

   "Let me explain why. I used to be friends with Julie and Mike. They lived in San Francisco and so did I. They had a baby named Sophie. They treated you very nicely, until you were two. They started to abuse you. They would scar you and bruise you. I talked to one of your aunts on Julie's side and she agreed that we should go to court and I would win custody of you. Your aunt couldn't take care of you. So, I won custody of you and I took you to Morocco to have you start a full life. You are full American, except you got a tiny bit of Egyptian in you."

   "So my name used to be Sophie?"

   "Yes."

   "Why have you kept this a secret my whole life? I got kidnapped because of this. I almost died because of this. I need to go in my room and go to bed." I ran very quickly.

   "One more thing, you have an older sister." she relled.

   "Ok." I yelled back. I couldn't believe it. I was adopted. I've been lied to. I decided to go to bed. I had a long day.

 

   "Majd, I have to tell you something." I said. We sat down at a bench where no one was.

   "Yes?"

   "I'm adopted."

   "What? Is this a joke?"

   "No. It's not a joke." I explained how I was adopted.

   "So, you have a sister too?"

   "Yeah. Maybe I could meet her and my aunt when I get to America."

   "Yeah. My family and I are going to Egypt for the vacation coming up. We talked about it and we'd like to invite you to go. What do you say?"

   "Sure. I gotta talk to my mom about it though."

   "Yeah."

 

   "Lina, I have a surprise for you." Mama yelled from the kitchen.

   "What?" I yelled and ran to the kitchen.

   "Well, it's not a surprise now. I called your aunt and she's gonna come here. She's bringing your cousins and your sister."

   "When will they come?" I was excited.

   "They're buying tickets tomorrow. It's maybe four in the morning there now. She'll call me for the date they fly in."

   "Yay! One thing, hoe old is my sister?"

   "Fifteen. Not a big age difference."

   "Nice! What's her name?"

   "Mary."

   "Nice."

 

   "So, they're coming very soon?" Majd asked me. We were on the bus.

   "Yes, but I don't know the date."

   "Did you talk to your mom about Egypt?"

   "Yeah. She said that she'll think about it."

   "You'll love it if you go."

   "I guess you've been there before."

   "Yes. Twice actually. I have family there so that's the main reason why we go."

 

   "Lina, they're flight is tomorrow." Mama said at the dinner table.

   "Will they be here tomorrow?"

   "Maybe. If they leave in the afternoon over there, it'll be night over here. Probaly they will be."

   "I have another question. Are they Muslim?"

   "Yes. Your mother and father aren't as you probably saw."

   "Yeah. I guess they aren't." I was pretty excited to hear that they were possibly coming the next day.

  



© 2010 Rhonda


Author's Note

Rhonda
ignore spelling mistakes if any
end of this book will be soon

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Now the story is getting more plot and very interesting. You did a outstanding job setting up the reader with the story so far. I look forward to reading more. A outstanding chapter.

Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 10, 2010
Last Updated on March 10, 2010


Author

Rhonda
Rhonda

CA



About
I'm 13. I love to write and I love Arabic music and culture. No, my avatar is not a photo of me! It's a photo of my favorite singer, Nancy Ajram! Yes, I am American! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rhonda


Loneliness Loneliness

A Poem by Rhonda